Chapter 4

Can It Ever Be More Than Fake?

 

The next morning I woke up at 7AM. I know he said he'll be here at 8AM but I need some time to get ready.

Some times I think it's good that Seoul High doesn't have uniforms but at times like this I wish it was that easy in the morning. Though, I guess before yesterday my options were a little narrower.

I rummaged through the bag of clothes Kyung got for me yesterday looking for something to wear. After a while of trying countless combinations of tops and pants I chose this:

 

I checked the clock: 7:30AM. I've still got an half an hour to kill, I guess I'll go make breakfast. But first I'll tell Min Ha that I can't walk with her today.

 

Hey! Sorry for leaving you yesterday :( But guess what!!!

Kyung is taking me to school today!!!♥

So I can't walk with you, but I'll see you at school ^^

-Soomi☺

Tues, 18th, 8:06AM

 

Ooooh, is he taking you in his car?

And don't worry about yesterday^^

Also I saw you guys leaving, and damn did you look good!

Having a boyfriend really has its perks eh?

-Min Ha ^-^

Tues, 18th ,8:09AM

 

I laughed at her text as I munched on my cereal.

“Today's the 18th huh? Wow, its going to be one year now.” I smiled sadly but my thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the bell.

That must be him! I raced to the door.

Okay, just calm down. I told myself as I smoothed out my pants.

I opened the door, “Hello!” said a boy with a perfect eye smile, I recognized him as Ukwon from Block B.

“Hi...” I said as my mood kind of dropped, I was hoping Kyung would come to my door himself.

“Come on lets go, every ones waiting.” He said and took my hand leading me to a car full of 3 guys, including Kyung who was in the drivers seat.

Now my mood was way down. I was hoping Kyung and I would be going to school alone. You know, I'd turn on the charm and the 'him falling deeply in love with me' part would follow shortly after? But I guess second best to that fantasy would be riding to school with Block B.

I sat down in the car next to the spindly legged blond , Zico.

“Annyeonghasaeyo, I'm Soomi.” I said politely.

“Well hello there, My names Zico I'm the leader of Block B.” He said giving me a greasy smile.

“Yeah, I know. I've been going to the same school as you guys since grade 9.” I said sheepishly.

“Whoa! How come we've never see you around before? I'm sure we would have remembered a pretty face like yours.” Another guy behind me said while leaning over the seat.

“Pyo Jihoon! Stay in your seat while the car is moving!” Kyung scolded looking at Jihoon aka P.O who slumped back into his seat.

“Neh, Umma.” He said in a taunting voice.

“Are you sure you've been at this school since grade 9?” Asked Ukwon.

See like I said an ant to a dinosaur. “Yeah, you probably don't recognize me because I'm not wearing my glasses.”

They nodded knowingly, although I'm sure it's not just the glasses.

“So how did Kyung manage to catch a babe like you?” Zico said putting and arm around me.

“Hey! Hands to yourself Woo Jiho!!” Kyung yelled as he slammed the brakes in front of the school.

“Seriously though, why this clown?” Zico whispered.

“Zico...” Kyung growled in menacing tone.

Zico raised both his hands in surrender and got out of the car, followed by the rest. Now me and Kyung were left sitting inside.

“Sorry about that, they can be a little...wild sometimes.” He apologized.

“No, its okay. I think they're funny.” I gave him a small smile.

I remembered back to his face when Zico asked him about how we met. I wonder why he looked so tense?

“By the way the guys don't know about our arrangement, they think I was just dating you secretly.”

“Hmm.” Oh that's why he seemed so on edge, I thought it was because he li- nah, that can't be it.

“I guess we should get going, too.” I suggested. I was about to open my door but he already did for me.

I got out and he closed the door for me too.

“Thanks.” I said shyly.

“Oh and another thing, call me Oppa.”

I froze...Oppa...

“Hey! Cucumber head! Get over here!” Kyung's friends yelled and I turned my head in their direction, all of a sudden I felt his lips connect with my cheek once again.

“I'll see you after class, yeobo.” He spoke quietly, for my ears only, his breath tickling my ear. He grinned and sauntered over to his friends not waiting for me to say something. Which was a relief because I really can't be bothered to come up with a reply that makes sense and won't make me look stupid.

He really has to stop doing that or one of my lungs is going to fall off!..Or he can continue with it, what ever floats his boat is cool with me.

 

CHAPTER 4 END