How i hate you, but the love still lingers.

You Make Me Cry

 

Joon’s POV

 I hate the world right now. “I hate this day.” I said quietly to myself as I throw my calendar across my office. Running my fingers through my hair and inhaled sharply, trying to fight off tears.  I get up and look out my gigantic window I had behind my desk. I chuckle to myself as rain drops hit my window and slid down, slowly collecting with other raindrops as they descend.

Oh the irony, it was just like that dreadful day that occurred two years ago.

Some people cannot wait for their wedding day, to share in union with your somehow faithful partner in holy matrimony in front of friends and family. Well, me, I couldn’t wait to forget mine.

Back then, I thought I was in love. I was so sure I was the most important person in his life. That he would never betray me, just as he promised when we took a chance at us being together. I was so sure I could promise the same things, oh yeah, that’s because I’m just plain faithful.

I walk over to my desk and open up the bottom drawer. The picture was still intact. I smiled and felt my blood boil as I study it. How dare he smile? He has no ing right to do that, to be happy when only three months later he ripped ok my heart and stomped it into the asphalt.

I lifted my arm, chucked the picture across my office, and heard the glass shatter and fall to the ground once it had hit against the wall. I felt tears run down my face as I walk over to the now broken frame and pressed the picture to my chest. “S-sorry. I’m sorry. Please forgive me; I am so sorry my Mir.”

I walk over to my bookshelf and take down another empty frame. I have repeated this routine ever since that day.

 

~Two years ago~

I ran up the stairs in the church to the attic. I hear everyone freaking out down stairs. I still held the letter in my hand. Tears, red cheeks and mucus painted my face. I bursted into the attic and fell to my knees, burying my face into my hands. The letter was now wet with my tears.

“Where is Mir?” I heard someone shout. “Where Did Joon go?” another called out from down stairs. I got up and run over to the door, slamming it and locking myself away from the world. I knew where he went. With that ex boyfriend of his. “Damn you Cheondung.” I shouted and at the split moment, lighting struck, it lit up the room.

I cried tears of anger at this point. How dare he, making me look like a fool. Just up and leave, with that . What happened to our promise? Leaving me, without anything but a broken heart and this meaningless note, asking for my forgiveness?

I got up, walked over to the window seal, and sat on the edge. I watched as raindrops seemed to commit suicide by throwing themselves at the seemingly unbreakable glass.

I sniffle as I laugh at the irony of today, it's raining on my now ruined wedding day. I feel betrayed; they; he betrayed me. He promised he never would hurt me, but that was all a lie. A simply ugly lie.

"Why, why must you make me cry?"

~Two years later~

I am leaning against the window, watching the raindrops once again commit suicide against the unbreakable glass .Then something made me jump. My office phone rang. Rushing back to my desk and with a shaky hand, picking up the phone and lifting it to my ear.

“Annyeonghaseyo?” I asked with a shaky voice.

“Joon?” I heard a familiar voice ask.

The phone dropped from my hand and hung off the cord as it dangled down from my desk.

It was him.

Thunder strikes again as I felt new tears develop. “Why?” I thought to myself.