Good Things Come to Those who Wait

Prince Charming

Song Chiyun Plus One

Annie Yue
And
Mike He
Invite you to share in their love
And happiness as they exchange
Vows of marriage and begin their
New life together
At AFF, asianfanfiction.com
On Sunday 8th May
At 2.30pm.



∞ -----------------------------❤--------------------------∞


Song Chiyun was practically the baby of the AFF Club. Naturally, it was her job to make sure all of her ‘sisters’ were as happy as they could be. Not a lot of things could bring Chiyun down. If you went through the dictionary the words optimistic, loyal, caring and amazing would all have her picture as their definitions. But if there was one thing that brought her down, it was weddings.

It was ironic that she made a living out of being a very successful wedding planner and one of the youngest too. She just had an eye for perfection. She was like a genie or a fairy godmother, able to turn dreams into reality. And she loved her job! It was the thought of never finding her ‘Prince Charming’ that upset her.



∞ -----------------------------❤--------------------------∞


“Thank you for everything Chiyun! Everything is so beautiful!” Annie whispered into her ears, hugging her tightly.

“There’s nothing I wouldn’t do for my AFF sisters. I promised you the wedding of your dreams and this is me fulfilling that promise. At least, I hope it is.” She chuckled softly.

Annie pulled back from the hug and stared into the young girl’s warm orbs with admiration.

“You have given me the wedding of my dreams and then some Chiyunnie, thank you. Everything is absolutely perfect. I made the right choice, hiring you as my wedding planner.” She smiled.

Suddenly, a knock on the door disrupted their conversation. The door opened, revealing Christine’s head. She walked into the room, leaving the door open, and made her way towards the bride.

“I hope I’m not interrupting anything but it’s time.” Chiyun grinned at the beautiful bride and took a step to the side.

“Don’t say that yet Soon-to-be-Mrs. He. We wouldn’t anything bad happen to your wedding now would we,” She winked.

“Now go on, you shouldn’t keep your husband-to-be waiting.”

Annie’s father strolled into the room and took one long look at his daughter. He inhaled a deep breath and held his arm out for his daughter to take.

“My baby girl’s getting married...” He trailed off.

“Don’t start crying on me now daddy. God knows you can replace the Niagara Falls when you start bawling but I’d prefer my wedding to stay un-flooded.” Annie stated, noticing tears forming in her father’s eyes.

“I’m not crying!” He protested in a shaky voice. “There’s just...too much dust here, my allergies are acting up.”

Christine and Chiyun giggled at Mr. Yue’s reply and quietly walked behind him and his daughter as they proceeded to march towards the ceremony. Everything was already in place and everyone was in their rightful positions. The organ player began Mendelssohn’s Wedding March right on cue and then...everything began.




∞ -----------------------------❤--------------------------∞


Kim Myungsoo, most commonly known as L from the popular Korean boy band INFINITE watched in amusement as Sungjong walked towards him with a familiar figure.

“Hyung! Look who I bumped into.” Sungjong chirped.

A small smirk graced his lips as he nodded towards the petite girl.

“Chiyun-ah.” Oh how he loved to utter her name.

“Hello to you too Myungsoo, glad to see you could make it.” She smiled. He loved the way she said his name. It wasn’t anything special, but he still loved it. And her smile...it intoxicated him.

He noticed the way his dongsaeng was looking at him. There were no secrets amongst the members of INFINITE and as hard as he tried to make his love for the young wedding planner unknown, they still found out. Ever since that day they never stopped persuading L to confess his feelings for her. They’d make plans, set him up and at one point, even wrote a love letter for Chiyun claiming it was from him. But he always found a way to foil their plans.

“Mike hyung’s a good friend of ours. It would be disappointing if we missed his wedding,” he answered.

“He’s right. Plus we finally wanted to see you all dolled up Noona, you look so pretty!” Chiyun thanked Sungjong and gave him a light hug.

Pretty? She looks gorgeous. Myungsoo thought.

And she did. He almost died at the sight of her in high heels and a purple, strapless cocktail dress. She wore her hair in an up-do which meant that her shoulders were in full perfect view.

He tried to block the images trying to plague his mind, but it proved to be a difficult task. Thankfully Ryo Nishikido, a good friend of the groom, interrupted his thoughts. He ran towards the three of them with a panicked look and a phone in hand.

“Ryo-kun, What’s the matter?” She asked worriedly.

Ryo took a moment to catch his breath and handed his phone to Chiyun.

“There’s trouble. Annie’s scumbag of an ex-boyfriend got into the ceremony, Ayumu overhead him talking to himself about stopping the wedding!”

A shocked expression plastered itself onto Chiyun’s face. Sungjong and Myungsoo stepped closer towards her and examined the picture of the man on the phone’s screen.

“This is insane! We have to stop him!”

“But how Noona? It’s going to be hard to get rid of him without making a huge commotion.” Sungjong stated, only adding to Chiyun’s stress.

Myungsoo continued to gaze at her anxious face and felt his heart wrench. He hated not seeing her smile. It brought him down whenever she was upset and he’d do anything to put back the silly grin he loved so much on her precious face.

“Leave it to me,” he uttered. He was un-phased by the incredulous looks that he received and made his way closer Chiyun. He placed his hand on her bare shoulders (ignoring the tingly sensation that shot up his arms) and stared into her eyes.

“Don’t worry your pretty little head about anything. I’ll take care of the situation.” He snatched the phone from her tiny hands and jogged back into the church.



∞ -----------------------------❤--------------------------∞


Myungsoo arrived just in the nick of time. He found the man standing beside one of the giant, marble pillars near the altar and thankfully for him, near an exit way.

As he made his way to the him, Jin Akanishi and Tomohisa Yamaa, caught his arm and began walking alongside him. Jin handed him a handkerchief and the three of them silently made their way to Annie’s ex.

“What’s this?” He whispered.

“It has some of that knockout spray stuff on it. Just cover his face with it and he’ll be sleeping like a baby.” Jin answered.

“You and Jin knock the guy out and I’ll make sure no one notices, Keiichiro’s in on the plan too so he’ll help me out.” Yamaa continued.

“And then you and I just carry the guy out, stuff him back in his car and leave him there until he wakes up. Everyone will be at the reception before he even knows what hit him.”

Yamaa released Myungsoo’s arm and slipped into crowd, settling beside Keiichiro who was conveniently a row behind from their target.

Myungsoo and Jin stood behind him and waited for the right time to pounce on their prey. The moment was drawing nearer and he watched as the man readied himself to ruin Mike and Annie’s wedding. He turned his head and saw Chiyun standing a few rows behind him. Immediately he felt even more determined to stop the scumbag from destroying the wedding his crush had worked so hard to make perfect.

“If there is anyone wishing to object the marriage of these two young lovers, speak now or forever hold your peace.”

“I object!”

Now.

Myungsoo covered the man’s face with the handkerchief just as he was instructed before he could reveal himself. Jin grabbed his legs and assisted L in carrying him outside.

The crowd gasped and murmured to one another. Mike and Annie turned to the audience and desperately tried to find who tried to object their marriage.
Yamaa disguised his voice to sound vaguely similar to the man’s and began his little act with Keiichiro.

“I object!” He yelled at the top of his voice. However he wasn’t looking at the bride and groom and instead focused his attention on his friend.

“What do you mean you object?” Keiichiro asked, baffled.

“I mean I object! How can you like NaruSaku better than SasuSaku! You’re sick Keiichiro!”Yamapi spat.

“Sasuke’s a jerk! Sakura deserves someone loving and caring, like Naruto! Not some emo, power hungry turd like Sasuke!” Keiichiro argued. Both men stood up from their seats and heightened the volume of their voices.

“But that’s what makes the SasuSaku pairing even better! Sasuke deserves someone who loves him regardless of what he’s become and Sakura is that person! Are you just going to deny Hinata of her happiness too?”

“I completely object to that! Hinata suits Kiba way more-”

“Oh.My.G-Dragon! Oh my G-Dragon! I cannot believe this! HinaKiba? You’re sick Keiichiro, you disgust me! Just because you’re into doesn’t mean you have to drag poor Hinata into it too!” Yamapi flailed his arms around, nearly hitting a frightened Kim Jaejoong.

By this point the crowd was in a mixed state of amusement, anger and complete and utter confusion. Chiyun walked up to both men and dragged the both of them by the ears, leading them outside of the church but not before apologising to the audience and G-Dragon who merely shrugged it off.



∞ -----------------------------❤--------------------------∞


The night was drawing to a close. There were only two things left to do before the newlyweds headed off to prepare for their honeymoon, the dance and the speeches. After the ceremony everyone immediately headed to the venue.

“Are you guys ready?” Chiyun asked IU, Kevin and Myungsoo.

“All ready!” They said in unison. She smiled at all three of them before walking up on the small stage. She didn’t even have to say a single word to catch the guest’s attention.

“Before I let the couple have their first dance as newlyweds, I would first like to congratulate them. Congratulations to Annie and Mike. Two people who constantly remind us that it is possible to find that one person that is perfect for us. Two people who have overcome all of the trials that were placed before them and managed to hold on to their love for one another. And today they made that love official. I would just love for the two of you to know how lucky we are to have the both of you in our lives- May God Bless you for the rest of your lives together and yet again, congratulations.”

Annie and Mike lovingly stared at one another, the adoration they had for one another clearly evident on their faces. Chiyun tried not to laugh at the sight of Mr. Yue bawling his eyes out while Mrs. Yue patted his back, trying to comfort him.

“Without further ado I would like to call for the bride and groom to make their way to the dance floor for their first dance while Ailee, Kevin and L perform ‘Lucky’ by Jason Mraz featuring Colbie Caillat.”

The audience cheered as their fellow performers took the stage. Chiyun wished them good luck as she headed off to the sidelines and motioned for the employee in charge of the lighting to dim all of the lights and have a follow spot on the couple.

The music began to play and the crowd hushed. All eyes stayed glued to the dancing figures in the middle of the room and all ears were open to the sweet sound of the singers’ voice.



Do you hear me,
I'm talking to you
Across the water across the deep blue ocean
Under the open sky, oh my, baby I'm trying

Boy I hear you in my dreams
I feel your whisper across the sea
I keep you with me in my heart
You make it easier when life gets hard


Mike held Annie tightly in his arms and swayed with her to the beat of the music. Her head was placed on the crook of his neck and her hands were wrapped loosely around his neck. Mike settled his arms on her waist and sang to the chorus.



I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again
Ooohh ooooh oooh oooh ooh ooh ooh ooh

Slowly, the crowd rose from their seats and led their partners to the dance floor. Myungsoo envied them. He wanted to dance with her too but he was stuck on stage playing the guitar. Not that he minded, but he knew he’d rather be with her.



They don't know how long it takes
Waiting for a love like this
Every time we say goodbye
I wish we had one more kiss
I'll wait for you I promise you, I will

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again
Lucky we're in love every way
Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed
Lucky to be coming home someday


And so I'm sailing through the sea
To an island where we'll meet
You'll hear the music fill the air
I'll put a flower in your hair

He closed his eyes and pictured him on an island with crystal blue waters, fresh cool air, white sandy beaches and most importantly her. He could feel the breeze whisking through his hair as if it were real, as if he was far away from where he really was...as if she knew.



Though the breezes through trees
Move so pretty you're all I see
As the world keeps spinning round
You hold me right here right now

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again
I'm lucky we're in love every way
Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed
Lucky to be coming home someday

Ooohh ooooh oooh oooh ooh ooh ooh ooh
Ooooh ooooh oooh oooh ooh ooh ooh ooh

∞ -----------------------------❤--------------------------∞


After Myungsoo’s performance he searched for Ryo, intending to return his phone back to him. He never got the chance to during the ceremony as he left with Jin to head to the reception’s venue. The pair agreed not to mention stuffing Annie’s ex-boyfriend in his car in order to remove any form of stress or panic on the bride.

He finally found Ryo sitting with his fiancé, Ayumu Hamano. The wedding had officially ended ten minutes earlier however a few guests stayed behind, simply to catch up with friends they had not been able to talk to earlier on. The bride and the groom were already resting in their hotel room as they were set to leave for their honeymoon early the next morning. He greeted the couple and handed the Japanese male his black cell phone.

“Thanks,” Ryo said as he pocketed the cellular device. “You did great today. I’m sure Chiyun really appreciated your help and that performance was spectacular.”

Ryo didn’t miss the glimmer that appeared in his eyes as soon as her name was uttered. He didn’t try to hide the smile that grew on his face and gave the young Korean star a piece of advice.

“Tell her today kid,”

“I’m sorry?”

“You probably shouldn’t hide your feelings any longer. If you love her just tell her. Chances are she probably feels the same way.” Ryo shot him a knowing look before shoo-ing him away.

He wasn’t an idiot. Myungsoo knew perfectly well what he was talking about and in many ways he knew he was telling the truth. Except for the part where Chiyun felt the same way as him, he highly doubted that part. He had a bad habit of staring at people for too long and Chiyun was a constant victim of the said habit.

The way she acted with him was different compared to the way she acted with other guys. She was giggly and playful when it came to other guys but when it came to him she became quiet and conservative. Whenever they were together they fall into a comfortable silence.

Every time she visited their apartment she would always talk with the other members more. He even went so far as to think that she purposely did that to make him jealous, and then he remembered that she was unaware of his undying love for her. So obviously she couldn’t have done it...at least not on purpose.

“I’m overanalysing things,” he mumbled to himself. He headed towards the bar, wanting something to quench his sudden thirst. He wondered what would have happened if he just let his friends’ plans succeed, if he just told her. Maybe then he wouldn’t be so miserable every time she crossed his mind. He shook his head in frustration, trying his best to clear his mind of anything even remotely related to her.

But there she was, as beautiful as ever, standing near the bar with her silky hair and smooth skin... and there was that no good scumbag ex-boyfriend of Annie’s, stripping on the counter with an empty bottle of tequila in his hand.

Who the hell let him in? He cursed.

“Will you get down from there? You’ll hurt yourself.” She said calmly. Chiyun was desperately trying to get rid of the jerk as he walked up and down the counter with drunken steps

His hands fumbled with his polo shirt and were halfway through ing it when he stopped and hopped off the counter himself. He approached her with a erted look on his face and began her face.

“Aw, are you worried about me babe? You shouldn’t be! I’m a man but I don’t need to tell you, I can just show you.”

Chiyun pulled a disgusted face as she tried to turn away from his revolting breath. The man pinned her against the counter and began leaning his face dangerously close to hers.

Myungsoo didn’t even try to control himself. He charged at the man and pulled him off of Chiyun. His fist collided with his face, sending the man tumbling down to the floor.

“Oh my gosh! Myungsoo, what are you doing?”

“What does it look like? I’m teaching this stupid jerk a lesson.” He muttered in a low, murderous tone. Before Myungsoo could do anything else, the man got up from the floor and smashed the bottle in his hands against the counter. He slashed Myungsoo’s arm with the jagged piece of glass and began swinging like a mad man.

“Aw isn’t that adorable? Prince Charming has arrived!” His voice was slurred and his body movements were uncoordinated but he was still dangerous. Even though L was wearing a black coat and a black polo shirt, Chiyun could still see the blood dripping from his arm. When she tried to walk closer to him he only yelled at her to stay away.

“Don’t come any closer Chiyun-ah, I don’t want you getting hurt.” Myungsoo said.

“You know you remind me of me when I liked Annie. I liked her for a long time but I didn’t tell her and then when I did, she accepted me! Hah!” The drunken man hiccuped.

“We were so happy together, I spoilt her, bought her everything she wanted, took care of her! And then what does she do? Dump me! That ing , she was nothing but a gold digger!”

By now the trio had caught the attention of the remaining guests in the venue. Ayumu, who overheard what he had said, stood at the front of the crowd with Ryo by her side.

“You jack ! You cheated on her three times of course she would break up with you! I have no idea why she didn’t do it sooner though; you’re nothing but a dirty scum!” She yelled.

“Hey!” He yelled, pointing his weapon at her and then to Ryo. “Grow some balls and control your man!”

Yamapi held back Ryo from attacking the man, “Don’t you dare call her that!” He exclaimed.

Out of nowhere, Joon from MBLAQ and Jun Matsumoto managed to hold back the man from doing anymore damage but despite his scrawny appearance, he managed to slip out of their grip and tackle Myungsoo to the floor. He cut a gash along his cheek and stomach and punched him thrice on the face before being pulled away by Joon. The rest of INFINITE came to the scene as soon as they heard of the fight.

They examined the damage that had been dealt to their brother and all glared at the man responsible with deep hatred. Joon stepped back from the man, allowing for them to have more room. They all screamed bloody murder as they each took a turn beating up the man, even sweet Sungjong took a swing at him. After a few hits, Yamapi and Joon broke up the fight and let the man be taken away by the hotel’s security.

Chiyun rushed to L’s side and tried to lift him off of the floor however Sunggyu and Woohyun took over, noticing her struggles. They carried him out of the ballroom and into a room where a staff member was leading them too.

Christine, Ayumu and a few other members of the AFF Club circled around the weeping girl. Chiyun felt very grateful for her Unnies but their words of comfort found no place in her cloudy mind. All she could think of was L and how he willingly let himself be in danger for her. She had to talk to him, to ask him why he would do such a reckless thing.

Ayumu and Christine helped her up from the floor. “Christine Unnie, I’ll need for you to make sure that neither the bride nor groom will find out about this incident.”

She nodded her head and reluctantly let go of the young girl, “Like it never happened.”

Chiyun managed to flash them a small smile before speeding after her saviour.



∞ -----------------------------❤--------------------------∞


There it was again...a comfortable silence. She didn’t even care that he hadn’t stopped looking at her since she walked into the room. She was too focused on addressing his wounds.

“At least none of your cuts are deep. They shouldn’t last for more than a week or two and they probably won’t leave any marks either.” She said knowingly.

“You seem to know a lot about these things.” He mused.

“You seem to have forgotten that I studied to become a nurse before I started working as a wedding planner.” She replied without giving him as much as a glance.

Myungsoo didn’t bother to say anything back. He didn’t need to. They were sharing a special moment with one another and he was doing his best to savour it.

“So why did you do it?” She asked in a soft manner as if she was afraid of the question itself.

“Because you’re my friend.”

She scoffed at his answer and finished bandaging his left arm. She wiped her hand with a moist towelette and sat herself beside him. She gently grabbed his face and leaned closer towards him, allowing her to get a better view of his cut.

Chiyun was trying to focus on the task at hand. But Myungsoo’s mere presence made her dizzy. Who wouldn’t find it hard to concentrate around someone so handsome and perfect?

He had always had that effect on her. It was the main reason why she kept her distance from him. She never really gave it any thought because she always just assumed that he made her feel different because he was L; the face of INFINITE.

She failed to see all of the signs and all of the hints. Much to Myungsoo’s dismay, Dongwoo, Hoya and Sungyeol explained to her about his feelings for her and their failed attempts to get him to confess. Needless to say she was more than surprised with her new found information.

Imagine that- Such a successful, talented and famous person like him fancying an average, plain Jane like her. What were the odds?

“Tell me the reason why-”

“You committed love suicide?”

Chiyun flicked his forehead.

“Stop playing around Myungsoo!” She scolded him.

“Ouch! Ok, ok.” He pouted.

Another pause filled the room. This one was different though, they were no longer just friends. He meant more to her now, much more. He could see it in her eyes. He had a lot to say but only three words seemed appropriate.

“I love you,” he whispered tenderly. Only one inch separated their lips from touching each other. Only one more inch and Myungsoo would finally have her, the girl of his dreams. But he knew she needed more convincing. He rested her head on his shoulder and started carresing her hair as he began to sing one of her favourite songs.



Just a kiss on your lips in the moonlight
Just a touch of the fire burning so bright
No I don't want to mess this thing up
I don't want to push too far
Just a shot in the dark that you just might
Be the one I've been waiting for my whole life
So baby I'm alright, with just a kiss goodnight



Chiyun was melting like a puddle in his arms. She was happy but she still felt the urge to rip all of her hair out.

“How could I have been so blind?” She groaned to herself as she stared into his eyes.

“You’ve been here this whole time...” He chuckled at her words.

“Forget about it. That’s in the past now. What we should worry about now is the future,” He grinned mischievously.

“Since when was there a ‘we’?” She questioned playfully.
“Since I said so.” He said, sticking his tongue out at her.

“Eh. I’m sorry, that answer is invalid.” She said as she mimicked his actions.

“No it’s not,” He argued. Chiyun rolled her eyes at him, not even attempting to argue with him.

She turned to face Myungsoo with a serious expression.

“Do you really want to do this L? What will your fans say? What if they try to tear us apart?” She questioned in horror.

“No fan of mine would even dare think about hurting the girl of my dreams,” He started. “And yes, I’ve never been surer of anything in my life.”

“Surer...is that even a word?” He only nodded. He noticed uncertainty in her voice and in her actions. Now that he knew she had feelings for him or at least she implied that she did, he wasn’t going to let her go that easily.

“I don’t want to rush this.” Chiyun gazed at him, curious to what he was about to say.

“We can take things slow; we don’t have to hurry into anything. I’m more than willing to wait for you sort your feeling out. I just...” The rest of his words came out in a mumbled form. “I want you to give me a chance. That’s all I’m asking for just a chance.”

“Just a chance?” She asked. He gave her a lopsided grin. Not the usual smirk or no teeth smile that a lot of girls loved him for but a goofy, toothy grin.

“And maybe...just a kiss goodnight too?”

∞ -----------------------------❤--------------------------∞

Seven months later


Annie and Mike’s relationship was as strong as ever. They recently got the news that they were about to become parents and couldn’t be any happier.

Chiyun and Myungsoo started dating since the very night he saved her. They publicly announced their relationship to his fans after three months and were happy with the results.

Not everyone was approving of their relationship, some fans sent her threat mails but they weren’t worried. After a while they learnt to accept her and that was all that mattered. Chiyun continued to work as a wedding planner but unlike before, she had no reason to get upset during weddings. She already had her Prince Charming.

∞ -----------------------------❤--------------------------∞

Thanks for reading the story! ^^
I hope you enjoyed it and please don't be afraid to write a comment. Constructive criticism is also welcomed and appreciated. :)


Myungsoo's Please reaction~
:L

Songs:
Lucky by Jason Mraz ft. Colbie Caillat
Just a Kiss by Lady Antebellum

Thanks again for reading! Kansa Hamnida~∩( ・ω・)∩