Chapter One : The first and last

The brightest star of all. - His POV {One shot}

 

“I want to study stars, so when it’s my turn to be one I know how to shine the brightest.” She smiled brightly as she pointed at the stars.

I was a kid back then so naturally, I’d say the dumbest thing aloud without any hesitation. “But you already shine the brightest in my eyes.”

She was a bit taken aback with my lines but laughed it off, “Oppa, I can’t tell wether that was one of your sarcastic remarks or a joke!”

“But you really do shine the most.” I said truthfully. She gazed at me softly and smile warmly, like she usually does, “I prefer to believe words that come out from more than one person, It seems more of a reliable source,” She spoke, “But thank you anyway. For now, I’ll believe your words.”

I don’t know what kind of soul possessed me, all I know it was a bad one.

The soul manipulated my body and kissed her. My one and only bestfriend. Byun Ae sook.

I was woken up by continuous knocks and groaned. Yet another day full of hurtful reality is starting, I am to face another day without her therefor it’s considered as torture.

“Kai,” A soft knock was heard from my door. I sat up and ruffled my hair before glumly responding, “Yes mom?”

A middle aged woman opened the door, her signature smile was plastered on her face as usual. “Good morning dear,” She greeted, “Breakfast’s been cooked already so wash up.”

I nodded and pushed myself from the bed. Without any more words exchanged, my mom left probably to wake up Minseok- hyung.

{{ Xiumin otherwise known as Kim Minseok is Kai’s brother in this story. Note that they don’t have any relations in real life, just in this story :D }}

Inside my head there was nothing but thoughts and playbacks of my memories with her. Each one still inspires me and touches my heart, it never failed to do so everyday.

‘Ae sook-ah, oppa misses you.’ I sadly thought as I pushed the door open to the bathroom, my reflection was immediately seen from the mirror. ‘You promised you’ll be back but you’re already a year late.’

As usual, the lights were kept open. My dad never turns off the light, he knows me well, it’s one of his childish habits since childhood.

None of us likes the dark, we can pay for the electric bills no matter how high it is, so why not leave the light open?

I entered the bathroom and walked up to the big cupboard beside the sink. I opened it and grabbed a neatly folded towel.

From outside, I can hear Minseok-hyung’s daily whining. He’s such a baby, he only acts like a big brother when needed. I’m not complaining, that’s just Minseok-hyung’s kind of personality.

Sigh, I gotta admit though, he seemed more manly with Aesook around but unfortunately he reverted back to being a baby. This is why we need Aesook here, back in Seoul.

I slipped off my shirt and lazily tossed it in the laundry basket, I just noticed that my abs were slowly fading. I originally worked out last year for Aesook , but she never came, I thought I could show her my new side as a man but she failed to come.

I entered the shower room once I was fully stripped letting the hot droplets of water glide against my skin slowly wetting it. I love hot showers, I guess that’s why I’m tanned.

“Oppa, you were so pale back then!” Aesook’s voice chimed inside my head, “What happened to our pale beauty?”

A chuckle escaped my lips, “I turned y. Don’t I just look irresistible?” Aesook denied my words and playfully stuck a tongue out, “My Hero Jaejoong is still hotter!”

I sighed knowing she won’t stop blabbering about her new idols , TVXQ, once she’s started. Whenever it comes to manliness, no matter how good looking I am, I seem to lose against her bias.

Damn SM for debuting that boy band who Aesook claims to be gods.

“So if I ever debut as a star and perform in much more famous stadiums than TVXQ, will you consider me hot then?” I asked half-joking half-serious. I’d do anything to grab her affection, not the friendly affection but I hope our feelings can be mutual at some point.

Aesook giggled and nodded, “I’ll recognize you after you buy me food, I’ll even call you ‘Oppa~~’ “ Aesook imitated one of my crazy followers.

I hate to admit, she looks to freaking adorable unlike them.

I’m not saying she’s that unique, all girls are the same, they share the same gender after all. But surely their charms are different.

I stopped the shower and stepped out grabbing my towel and then wrapping it around my waist. My body was steaming and fogged up all solid around me.

“Hurry up! I need to take a shower as well!” Hyung banged against the door loudly.

“I’m already finished, just wait a sec!” I replied whilst grabbing a spare towel to towel dry my hair with. I don’t use hair dryers or any of those cosmetics, I’m contented with my looks and I don’t care wether I get discriminated for my looks. Though it never happened. I only care about Aesook’s opinion, not another girl has ever made me feel so little or big just like Aesook.

I got changed into my uniform and grabbed my bag along with my iPod and earphones. I especially bring my iPod as all of Aesook’s previous song covers from when we were young has been stored in it.

“Kai!! Someone wants to see you!” My mom called. Probably just Suho-hyung along with the others. I took my time getting downstairs and plugged in my earphones inside my ear.

Aesook’s soothing voice came to play and messed up my mind in a good way. I forgot all of the mathematical formulas stored in my head and how to speak my own language.

That’s how she affected me. That’s how strong my love for her is.

As soon as I reached downstairs I passed Suho-hyung and went to the kitchen, “C’mon hyungs and Sehun. Mom cooked breakfast for us.”

I settled down on a chair and started to eat my breakfast until I noticed no-one had followed me. I faced Suho-hyung but instead I got the shock of my life.

There she was standing still with an amused smile plastered on her face. She was wearing vintage shorts, a loose baggy over-sized shirt and our matching varsity jacket.

“Long time no see, KkamJjong.” Aesook grinned.

I dropped my kitchen utensils and abruptly stood up. “Aesook?” I asked as I pulled out my earphones and strode frantically to her side.

Aesook lightly socked me on the solar plexus and chuckled, “No.. My name is Sehun. Duh.” I smiled, I missed her sarcastic remarks, I miss her voice and her rare hugs.

She arched an eyebrow and waved a hand in front of my face, “EXOPLANET to Kai? Has my signal from Earth reached you yet?”

I didn’t bother replying her and hugged her tightly, “Aesook!!”  I was so astouned that she’s back. Finally, my days are no longer torture but heavenly.

At last, I can feel my heartbeat accelerate meaning I’m alive. I’m alive, once again. Because my heart came back and re-united with me once again.

This is life. She is life. Aesook is my life.

She pulled away from the hug and smiled brightly at me, “I don’t want my fiancée crying on the spot, what’s worse is he’s still producing snot till now!”

Fiancée?

What kind of dream is this?