Chapter 1

Beautiful Target

 

AMBER’S POV

It’s a Friday night and you know what it means with Friday night right? It’s gimmick night. I’m so excited. I’m going to pick my friends on McDonalds on the way to the club. I grabbed my keys and leather jacket. I also grab a cap that suits my clothing and walked out of my room. After walking out of the apartment, I got in my car and started the engine.

AFTER 30 MINUTES OF DRIVING

I got out of the car and walked inside the fast-food chain. When I got in, I immediately looked for my friends.

“Where are they.” I thought to myself.

“Amber! Over here!”

I saw Luna waving her hands up high at me. I walked towards them and sat next to Luna.

“So where’s your girlfriend?” Victoria asked.

“Aish. I don’t want her to come with me. I won’t enjoy the night if I bring her with me.”

“Then just break up with her.” Luna butted in.

“But I don’t want to.”

“I really think you should stop playing with your girlfriends.”

“Can we just stop this conversation, umma? I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Whatever.”

“Hey Luna, how’s it going with your new boyfriend? I thought we would meet him.”

“Well, we’re going to meet in the club later. Where are we going anyways?”

“I want to try the Infinite Club. It’s a new opened club on the downtown.” I said as I sipped Ssul’s McFloat.

“Let’s get going then.” Ssul said.

We finally got up and walked to the car. My car is a mini cooper so it’s really not that big. Luna sat beside the driver’s seat and Vic-umma and Ssul sat behind. I really think these two hides something. Anyways, I started the engine and drove off.

AFTER 30 MINUTES OF DRIVING

“We’re here!”

I stopped the engine and got out of the car. We started to walk inside the club. The club was packed since it’s a newly opened club. We paid our tickets to the bouncer and walked in. It was really packed inside. We went to the VIP room upstairs since I reserved it earlier via Phone.

We sat at the couch and started to order some drinks. I glanced upon the place and observed the people. As I was glancing through the whole place, I noticed a girl at the bar counter. I assumed that she was a bar tender. Wait I’ll clarify that. She’s a SMOKING HOT BARTENDER wearing a short and a tank top inside with her polo. Her face is really beautiful. I can’t explain it but she looks like an angel with an innocent face. Without any hesitation I stood up and walked towards the bar counter.

“Hey Amber! Where are you going?” Luna asked.

I just hand signaled her that I’m going to the bar and pointed the girl at the bar.

“Okay. Have fun!” she said as she continued chit-chatting with the two.

I walked straight to the bar.

“Hi.” I greeted her as I leaned against the counter.

She just ignored me and continued mixing some alcohols.

“Hey, that’s rude ignoring me like that.”

She stopped for awhile and stared at me blankly.

“I’m busy. What do you want? If you're planning on hitting on me, Don't bother attempting because i would turn you down.”

“I just want to make friends with you.”

“Seriously? Don’t make me laugh” she said as she went to the other side of the counter.

I followed her at the other side of the counter.

“Hey. Why are you avoiding me?”

She didn’t respond. As I kept on trying to talk to her a masculine guy pushed me away.

“One shot of tequila please.”

I just looked at the guy. She gave him a shot of tequila. After the guy drank the shot, he was harassing her and kept on touching her hands. It looks like he’s hitting on her.

“Hey lady, what’s your name?”

I didn’t know what’s gotten into my mind as I pushed the guy. He just stared at me scarily.

“What do you want!? Are you looking for a fight?”

He asked me. A sweat dropped on my forehead. The girl suddenly interrupted.

“What are you doing!? Just get out of here. You’re interrupting my duty.”

The guy just pushed me away and continued hitting on her. Disappointed, I walked back to the couch.

“So? What happened? Did you scored?” Luna asked.

I didn’t answered and sat beside her.

“I think I kinda figured out the answer.”

I just stared at her from afar. He was still hitting on her. The guy suddenly pulled her away the counter. I stared at them. The guy was giving her a dozen of money. Looks like he was planning to take him home with that amount of money? I was about to stand up but she suddenly kicked the guy in his crotch. She ran away and left the guy who was now lying on the floor, holding his crotch. Without any hesitation, I stood up and decided to follow her. I don’t know what’s gotten into me that I want to know her.

“Hey where are you going? Onew’s arriving soon. Don’t wander too much!”

“I’ll just go out for awhile. I’ll call you later.”

And I ran towards the exit. I looked for her outside the club. As I was passing an alley, I saw a figure of a girl, crying while hugging her knees. I decided to approach her.

“Are you okay miss?”

She suddenly looked at me. OH. IT’S HER. It’s dark so I can’t really see what she’s wearing. She suddenly stood up and gave me a death glare.

“What are you doing here!? Why are you following me!?”

She’s still crying, but I think she’s now holding her tears as she tried to walk away from me.

“Hey. What happened? You look terrible.” I said as I tried to hand her my handkerchief.

“Go away.”

“I don’t want to. Why don’t you want to talk to me?”

“Just go.”

I was surprised to hear a sudden voice out of nowhere.

“There she is.”

I looked at  the source of the voice. It was a guy wearing a tux with 2 men wearing the same outfit.

“Why are you here, Krystal? Are you trying to hide from us? You can’t runaway from us, from your work”

I just looked at her as she glared at the guy. The guy was about to approach her but she suddenly ranaway. I decided to follow her.

“Hey where are you going?”

She didn’t responded. She just continued running. The guys were still following her. I tried to catch up with her.

As we were running through the downtown, we passed by some alleys, crossed some streets and when we got into an intersection of an alley.

“Hey I think this way’s right.” I said as I  pointed the left alleyway. She didn’t looked at me, instead she went to the other side. I continued running through the alley. I looked at my back and saw the guys took the right way where Krystal went. Yeah, I’ve heard her name was Krystal so I think I should call her now Krystal.

I went to a small passage way. I decided to wait for Krystal to pass by.

KRYSTAL’S POV

I was running fast. I looked at my back and saw these guys still following me.

“Aish. Will they ever give up!?” I groaned out of frustration.

As I passed by a small passage on my left, I saw a hand grabbed my arms and covered my mouth.

“Heemppppphhhhh”

It was him. He was back-hugging me and covering my mouth. We hid behind a big trash bin. They guys passed by us. They looked at the place where we are hiding. I think they didn’t saw us, there was a passage throughout the alley we were hiding, they continued running towards the end, thinking that we continued running.

AMBER’S POV

After the guys left, I let go of her.

“Thanks” she said.

At last, she talked to me normally, not with an irritated voice.

“So, can we be friends now?”

She didn’t answer.

“My name’s Amber.”

“My name’s Soojung but people call me Krystal.”

“Well, I guess I’ll just call you Soojung. I like your name.”