08

Due to a Kiss

 

 

chapter 08.  Far from Even

 

Sulli quickly hid behind the next corner when she heard the nurse coming after her. she felt incredibly dizzy after storming off so suddenly  but she couldn't afford to pass out right now. the principals office was in the 2nd year building,Sulli still had a fairly long way to walk. at least the pain in her arm was gone ,she thought while arranging the arm sling. she heard the door of the infirmary closing so Sulli began stumbling her way from the 1st year buidling into the doorms.
SmEnt consisted of 3 buildings,one for each grade,and a gym that could also be transformed into a concert hall when a school festival needed to be held. all 3 buldings were connected to each other through the doorms. the 2nd and 3rd years shared one building,their classromes were barely seperated, because they often collaborated with each other. the first years were usually secluded from those collaborations ,they still had  too much to learn to keep up with their upperclassmen. (the school ground : picture)


Sulli  had made her way into the 3rd year building when a bell rang,telling SmEnt's students it was time to change classrooms for their next lesson. Sulli flinched at the sound. the students began pouring out of their classrooms. she hecticly looked after a place to hide,someone would surely regonize her as a first year and bring her back into her building,or worse,to the schools nurse. she could see the door to the principals office from where she was standing. ' I will just try my best to quickly reach it and when someone..when someone asks me what I'm doing here I will just tell them I had an appointment with the principal,yep!' Sulli hoped it wouldn't come to that. she began weaseling her way through the flocks of students when she felt a soft but firm grip around her wrist. "what are you doing here?"  'crap,crap,crap.' Sulli thought when turning around. before her was standing Seohyun,yet another of SmEnt's star students 'aish,I really have the best luck!' Sulli thought while looking at Seohyun,who was even more beautiful up close than she was when Sulli had seen her perform on stage at the last school stage. her long hair was dyed in a warm brown colour . she was wearing a plain white shirt and a long black skirt. golden, flower shaped earrings were  accentuating the little bit of make up she had on. Seohyun's silent beauty matched her image as prim & propper A student very well. Sulli knew Seohyun wouldn't let her go without an explanation...
Without letting go of Sulli's wrist Seohyun repeated her question "what are you doing here?"  noticing how harsh she sounded,she added "can I help you?" Sulli swallowed,she reminded herself to sound as casual as possible "ah,I have an appointment with the principle!" her fake smile felt terribly awkward but she was hoping Seohyun wouldn't notice.  "well! if you would excuse me now! I don't want to let him wait!" Sulli tried freeing her arm but Seohyuns grip only got tighter. "that can't be." Seohyun said with narrowed eyebrows "the principle is-"
a familiar red shimmering head of hair appeared next to them "she's here for me,Seohyun. suspicious as always,hm?haha!"


Taemin was walking out of his math class when he had spotted Sulli trying to navigate her way through the sea of students without being seen. his best friend Minho was walking alongside  him,talking about the last basketball match on TV ..or was it soccer? Taemin wasn't really listening. his eyes were glued on Sulli who had been captured by Seohyun,the selfproclaimed guard dog of this school. Taemin noticed that Sulli was wearing an arm sling and  a wave of guilt hit him. between classes he had heard that a few 1st years were going around bragging that they "had shut Sulli up" ..but.. that wasn't what he had in mind. 'Girls are scary' he thought while jumping to Sullis rescue,leaving his best friend mumbling to himself.


" why didn't she just say so? why the lie about seeing the principal?" Seohyun locked eyes with Taemin who was smiling innocently,showing off his perfect white teeth "you know how people gossip,Seohyun. now let her go." Seohyun loosened her grib " still,you can't just come here looking for someone to chat with." she let go of Sulli's hand "but it seemed you had a rough day..I will let you off.. " she looked at Sulli's injury "..for now." and with that, Seohyun turned around on her heels and walked into the nearby classroom.
'aish,the power of rumours! even Seohyun had heard' Taemin shook his head.
 "I'm not going to say thank you." Sulli looked at a spot over Taemins head,avoiding his eyes carefully.
"I wouldn't accept it anyway." Taemin replied. "let's just say we are even." he pointed at Sulli's arm.
'he didn't just say that.' Sulli felt anger boiling up in her.
"even?" she asked quietly.
"yeah,I mean -"
"EVEN?" Sulli was now shouting.
she looked Taemin straight in the eye. he had no idea what hit him. well,to be honest, he knew exactly what hit him. Sulli's foot in his manhood,to be exact. he went down to the floor in seconds. ",,!" he hissed while rocking back and forth.
"Now." Sulli said with a weak grin. "now we are even."
She turned around and stumbled ,without knocking,into the principals office.
The people that had still lingered around the hallways to chat watched the scene with disbelief. a lucky one  even snapped a picture of Sulli's ..little message to Taemin..
Taemin,still on the ground,noticed his school mates looking at him with schocked eyes.
'. she will pay for this. .' he forced himself to stop clenching his teeth and start smiling at the people around him  "just a little lovers quarrel ♥" he said in a sweet voice.
 a girl in fornt of him gasped,covering with her hands "no way! lovers?"
 

'let's see how you will deal with that rumour,Sulli Choi.' Taemin thought before getting up,trying his best to act as if nothing happened. '....,my crotch feels like it's on fire.'