The Meaning of Engagement

Please, Come Back to Me

Everyone in that huge room claps their hand happily. The sight in front of them is so beautiful. That sight is an exchange rings moment for Nichkhun and Victoria. Eventhough this is just an engagement event, both of them still have a blessings from the guests since they look very good each other. After they exchange their rings, both of Nichkhun and Victoria give a smile toward the guests and bow.

After completing all of the engagement ceremony, Nichkhun and Victoria go out from that room, they don’t even bother to entertain the guests because all of them are their parents’s colleagues. They don’t know the guests at all. None of their friends come because they didn’t  publish their engagement news to their friends. They just keep it for the families.

Victoria goes to the garden while Nichkhun goes to who-knows-where. She wants to talk to her friends. Who is her friends? Of course, it’s a plants and the stars since Victoria hasn’t have any friends in Korea. On the way to the engagement room she saw a beautiful roofless garden in that hotel. She happily skipping to that garden and start to have a conversation with creatures in there.

“Annyeong beautiful flowers! How’s your day? Is it nice? Or is it boring? My name is Victoria. How beautiful you are ! I envy you”, she said while pouting playfully.

“Do you know that today I’m engaged? My fiancé is extremely handsome, you should see him by yourself. I almost drool when I saw him this afternoon. Hahahaha, don’t take it seriously, I’m just kidding.”. While Victoria happily chatting with the plants, Nichkhun’s watching her from afar. He saw a familiar figure in the garden, a girl with a beautiful gown and long wavy and shining hair. She is his fiancée.

“Who is she talking with? There’s no people there. Is she talking with the plants? That’s kinda weird yet cute.”, said Nichkhun, smilling with his fiancée antics. Actually he is going to go to a balcony to have a sight about city light. But the unique habit of Victoria makes he want to stay and see the moment longer.

He leans toward the wall comfortably. “I wonder what is her conversation about? Is she talking about me?”, Nichkhun cannot help but chuckle to his random thought. Then, he left Victoria to give her a space and time for enjoying the conversation with her new friends. Go to his first destination, balcony, to feel the night breeze and watch the city light. Leaving her with her own world.

 

 

 

Victoria POV

            “ Do you think so? Hahahaha, you’re so funny chingu-ah.”, I was enjoying my  time with my chingu when I realize that the sky is getting dark. The weather is also getting cold. “Chingu-ah, I have to go now. Its cold here. Is it OK if I leave? Okay then, take care, and keep blooming beautifully chingu. See you next time. Annyeong!”. I  bid my last goodbye to my friends then walk in to the room. The room is still filled with a lot of people, feeling uncomfortable, I decide to stroll around the hotel. The decoration of this hotel is amazing, high pillars, unique ornaments, soft wall-color, and huge windows with pretty curtains. This hotel is simple yet elegant style. It looks like a building in Victorian Era, very beautiful.

            I keep walking until I hear a familiar voice. I peek into one room, oh, this is not a room, this is a balcony. I see a man standing there, holding his cell-phone while having a chit chat with someone in the other line. That person is no other than my fiancé. There he is, my handsome fiancé. Calling him ‘my fiancé’ feels so good, hehe. He is talking with someone through the phone. I know that eavesdropping is bad attitude, but I cant help, I’m so curious and He is my fiancé anyway.

“No hyung, we haven’t married. We only engaged”, I hear he said. Oh, he is talking about our engagement. But who is he talking with? His hyung? I don’t know if Khun-oppa have a hyung.

“ Regret? No, this is only an engagement, I can call off the engagement whenever I want, so nothing has to be worried about.”, he continued. What? Call off? He as an intention to call off our engagement? No, no, that cannot happen. Then, there’s a silent, I think the person on the other line is asking something. Khun-oppa seems so serious listening to that person.

“ Hahahaha, hyung, what are you talking about? We barely know each other, how come I fall for her? I even don’t know how old she is. She looks younger than me, but I don’t know her exact age. “. So, that person was asking about Nichkhun-oppa’s feeling toward me. But, what kind of answer is that oppa? You don’t know about my age? Bad fiancé! Then it hits me, I also don’t know his age, so we are equal.

“Hyung, I agree to this engagement is just because I want to know her better. I think arranged marriage is not that bad. I don’t have to marry my fiancée if I don’t love her, if I uncomfortable with her. Its only about experiencing a new relationship. If she is not good, then call off the engagement.”. Seriously oppa! Do you think that engagement is a game? You cannot simply call-off the marriage. At least you have to fight for it, don’t you understand? OK then, I will teach you what is people who are in engagement supposed to do. I will make this engagement works. I will make you fall for me. Then I leave that place. Nichkhun’s oppa opinion about our engagement makes me little bit pissed of.

End of Victoria POV

            Victoria left that balcony with a furious manner. She stomps her feet lighty, light enough so that Nichkhun won’t notice her presence. She went to another peaceful place to think, to arrange her plan.

 

Nichkhun POV

“Hyung, I agree to this engagement is just because I want to know her better. I think arranged marriage is not that bad. I don’t have to marry my fiancée if I don’t love her, if I uncomfortable with her. Its only about experiencing a new relationship. If she is not good, then call off the engagement.”, I said to Jaybum hyung confidently.  I called him minutes ago to tell him about the engagement. Honestly, I feel bad because I didn’t tell him about this earlier. He supposed to know this beforehand because he is like my own brother.  So I told him and instantly he throw a lot of questions about the engagement and stuff. But he asked me the weirdest question, ‘do you love her?’.  Of course I don’t love her, do I?

 

 

 

here the another chapter yeorobeun. Sorry for not updating in so long time, and sorry if this is boring. So, enjoy!