Mr. Mallow

Fantasy Love
“Such a perfect day for a stroll in a park don’t you think?”

“Yeah, the weather is perfect, the sun is— Oh my gosh, Krystal watch out for that—“

*KABLAM*

“Oh no, Krys? Are you okay? You’re bleeding everywhere.”

“Don’t… worry… about… me. Mr. Mallow, just go.”

“No. I won’t leave you.”

“My foot is stuck, it’s no use, you should go and save yourself. The car will blast to bits in a few minutes.”

“But—“

“Just go!”

“Sooju—“

*THWAK*

“What the— Jung Soojung! What did I tell you about throwing your plushies around?”

“Sorry unnie.”

“Seriously—And why are there so much ketchup in your clothes?”

“Have you been playing pretend again?” Jessica glared at her while she stuck her tongue out.

---

“Unnie, I’m gonna go out and ride on my bike.”

“Just be careful okay?”

“Okay.”

Krystal put mr. Mallow in the basket in front of her bike and went to the park. When she arrived, she rested her bike in a nearby tree and went to walk for a few minutes to buy an ice cream. She was happily  her ice cream when she saw a kid taking her precious plushie away.

“Hey!” Krystal dropped her ice cream and ran towards him.

The boy saw Krystal, he immediately mounted on his bike bringing mr. Mallow with him. He sped off leaving a frustrated Jung behind. Krystal hopped on her bike and chased the boy, she has no intentions on letting the crook get away with mr. Mallow.

Seeing that Krystal was following behind he pedalled faster and went into the woody part of the park. Krystal huffed and imitated what the boy did. But she wasn’t familiar with that part of park and ended up crashing herself on a tree.

*BAM*

The bike ended up on her body. She had a few cuts and bruises but she could care less. She tried standing up but failed when she realized that her foot got stuck in her bike. She sobbed, she’s mad and frustrated that her mr. Mallow was taken away from her. Not to mention she couldn’t get out of her place.

“Mr. Mallow…” Krystal released a few tears as she lowered her head in the ground.

A few minutes passed and she decided to blink her tears away. Suddenly, saw a pair of white, fluffy shoes in front of her. She looked up and saw a blonde girl who seems to be holding a marshmallow head.

“Mr. Mallow you came back.” Krystal said before passing out.

---

It was already winter and Krystal was in the front door eyeing the person in front of her.

“Choi Jinri.”

“Jung Soojung.” 

“Sulli.”

“Krystal.”

“Ssul~”

“Jjung~”

“Come on you two? Do you need to really need to great each other like that everyday?” Jessica sighed.

“Yes we do. And we don’t mind your business when you call Yuri, Kwon Seobang.”

“Whatever. Just let Sulli inn, she’ll freeze to death out there.”

“Okay, come on in Ssul~”

“What are we gonna play today Jjung~?” Sulli asked as Krystal removed her jacket and removed a few snow on her hair.

“I dunno. What do you wanna play?”

“Well, since it’s winter already why don’t we have a snowball fight?”

“How about we throw it at Jessica instead.”

“Hey, I heard that. No one is allowed to throw snowballs at my ice princess. I will protect her.”Yuri suddenly came out of nowhere.

“Ugh, Yuri is here. We can’t prank my unnie.”

“How about we play pretend?”

“Again?”

“Yes, do you have any problems with that Choi Jinri?” Krystal glared at Sulli.

“N-no it’s just that ever since we’ve became friends we always play pretend. We’re in high school now Soojung, don’t you think it’s time to stop playing these kind of games?”

“But I like it.”

Sulli sighed and followed Krystal into her room.

“So what are we gonna play today?”

---

“So how did your date with Krystal go?” Taeyeon asked while giggling.

“Same old. We just played pretend again. And I’m sick of it.”

“Well, don’t you think it’s time to break her habit?”

“I dunno omma. I feel like she’s always in dreamland. She likes fantasizing about things and it’s frustrating me.” 

“Because you’re not the one she’s fantasizing about?”

“No…” Sulli trailed off and blushed. “But she also said reality is never better.”

“Listen Jinri. I know your feelings about Krystal.”

“You do?”

“Yes. It’s the same as I have for Tiffany.”

“I’m not erting Jjung!”

“Babo! It’s not that.”

“Then what is it?”

“What do you think?”

“I dunno.”

“I’ll give you a clue. One, whenever you two play pretend you’d come home and complain on how you would always be ‘just’ her best friend.”

“But—“

“Two, you also complain about her ending up with a ‘guy’ who clearly, in reality doesn’t exist. And three—“

“But omma—“

“Wait, listen to me first. Three, remember when you first met Krystal?”

“Yeah.” Sulli blushed and looked away.

---

“Is she gonna be okay doctor?” Sulli asked.

“Yes, she just sprained her ankle, other than that she’s gonna be okay. She can go home when she wakes up.”

“Thanks.”

Sulli sat at a nearby chair and examined the younger Jung. She was still wearing her marshmallow costume, but this time, it was all bloody because she decided to carry the unconscious girl and bring her to the hospital. Feeling bored, Sulli wore her marshmallow headdress and practiced her dance move.

Time passed and slowly Krystal woke up. She saw a blurred mr. Mallow smiling at her. “Mr. Mallow!”

Sulli was shocked at the girl’s reaction. Krystal jumped out from her bed and hugged Sulli, her headdress flew away at the impact. Krystal closed her eyes and let a tear escape her eyes. She then showered the blonde girl with kisses, randomly from her forehead, then cheeks, then nose, then cheeks again, then forehead, and finally she settled in Sulli’s lips.

“Mr. Mallow why do you—“ Krystal opened her eyes in shock as she clearly saw a girl with redden cheeks. “I’m sorry, I thought you were…”

Sulli felt so scorched the whole time. She had never felt this kind of bliss before. Her whole insides were rejoicing and she doesn’t know why. The only thing she is sure of is that she liked the feeling, whatever that is.

“It’s okay.” Sulli spoke as Krystal backed away. “I’m Choi Jinri by the way, you could call me Sulli or Ssul…”

“I’m Jung Soojung, you could call me Krystal or Jjung…” The two locked gazes before laughing away. 

---

“I’m in love with Soojung…” Sulli spoke as she touched her lips.

Sulli was sitting in their rooftop and looked at the stars. “How could it be possible?”

“How could what be possible?” Krystal voice suddenly interrupted her thoughts.

“Jjung~ you’re here?!” Sulli nervously asked.

“Well, yeah, every Friday night is watching the stars night right?”

“Umm, yeah.” Sulli looked at Krystal. “You’re the only star I’d watch Soojung.”

Oblivious to Sulli, Krystal heard it and blushed.

Krystal smiled at her and held her hand. “Thanks for saving me.”

“What do you mean?”

“You know, when I crashed in the tree.”

Sulli blushed. “It was nothing.”

Silence filled the air as the two continue to gaze at the sky.

“Sometimes, I wish that, I dunno, someone would just fall into the sky and land to where we are right now and bring us to a paradise.” Krystal stated.

“Why?”

“Because I’d always see on t.v. that inside a paradise, there’re a lot of mythical creature and lots of times, princes tend to get lost at that kind of place so I was thinking—“

Sulli huffed and stood up, she couldn’t bear to listen to Krystal fantasizing about things again.

“Hey where are you going?”

“Out.” Sulli replied flat, anger visible in her voice.

---

Krystal searched for Sulli but she was nowhere to be found, she lost track of her when Sulli started to run. Krystal sighed and sat at a bench near the park. She scanned the place until she saw a faintly yellow thing moving and approaching her.

“Sulli…” Krystal eyed the person in front of her.

“Here.” Sulli, threw a very familiar plushie at her. “I finally found that mr. Mallow of yours.”

Krystal smiled and hugged the older girl. “Jinri where’d you—“ Sulli removed the younger Jung’s hand away from her.

“You know what Krystal, I think the reason that mr. Mallow decided to go with the boy is because he got sick of hearing about your never ending fantasies.”

Krystal frowned. “I don’t know why you’re making such a big fuss about it Jinri. I do this because I know that reality is not better than my fantasies.”

“I guess you’re right.” Sulli chuckled. “I guess falling in love with you in reality is not good.”

Sulli looked at Krystal’s eyes, tears were aimlessly flowing. “Ssul~”

“And you know what’s the worst part is?” Sulli asked.

“Ssul~”

“I’m not even fantasizing about these feeling that I have for you. It’s so real, that it hurts Soojung. It hurts so much, whenever you talk about the guys rescuing you from your fantasies and in dream when in reality, I’m the one who rescued you. It hurts when you tell that they would say that they would stay forever by your side, when I’m the one who’s always at your side. And it hurts me most when you would explain how you’d like to be kiss by them, while telling me that I’m ‘just’ your best friend and I could never kiss you.”

“Jinri…”

“I can never be more than that can I, Soojung?” Sulli tried to walk away but Krystal gripped her wrist.

“How would you like to be kissed Jinri?” Krystal suddenly asked.

“W-what?” Sulli wiped aw

“I said, how would you liked to be kissed?”

“Soojung, I—“

Sulli gripped on Krystal’s clothes as she felt a familiar pair of lips in hers. This time, she felt different; she didn’t felt her insides rejoice. Instead, she felt herself melting. As, she’s still busy speculating her newly founded feelings, Krystal encircled her arms on her neck and deepened the kiss.

“Choi Jinri.” Krystal gasped for air as their foreheads were pressed together. “It’s true when I say that reality is never better than my fantasies because—“

She kissed her nose once. “Ever since you came into my life,” 

She kissed Sulli’s lips. “whenever I’m with you, it felt like all of these is just a dream. And I don’t ever wanna wake up.” She hugged the older girl tightly.

“I love you so much that I’m so scared to lose you. You are my paradise Choi Jinri and I’m always lost inside you.”

“You—love me?” Sulli asked, blushing. “I—I’m your paradise?”

Krystal just nodded and pressed her body unto Sulli trying to make their bodies become one.

“Soojung?”

“Yeah?”

“Tell me. Am I dreaming?”

“I myself, don’t even know. But one thing’s for sure. You’re reality.”

“Eh?” Sulli looked at the girl weirdly.

Krystal chuckled. “Babo! Sulli means truth right?”

“Y-yeah.” Krystal gazed at Sulli lovingly before kissing her lips.

“Then that means, you’re my true love.”

“Soojung…” Sulli cupped Krystal’s cheeks. “You’re my true love too. I love you.” She kissed the younger girl.