Final

The Big White Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Thank you for letting me in Mrs. Liu. " You bowed in front of the young looking woman. "It's no problem. " Mrs. Liu sniffled, wiping a tear from her eye. "I still can't believe my Amber is gone.. " You frown, and take her into your arms. "I know Mrs. Liu.. I know.. "

Crouching down, you look under Amber's bed then inside her closet. Nothing, there was really no clues on who could be her killer. You sit down on her computer chair and sigh.

Suddenly her laptop beeps.

Curious, you open it up and read an IM from someone with the username -jinx-.

'Having trouble?'

You furry your eyebrows and quickly type back.

'Who is this?'

'You don't have to know that, just call me jinx, ~~~~'

Your eyes widen,

'How do you know my name?! '

You waited for a reply but after five minutes nothing came and Mrs. Liu came in the room offering you dinner. You politely decline and walk home, shuffling instead of picking your feet up in deep thought.

'How did that person on Amber's IM know my name? And what kind of username is jinx, it's so tacky. '

Shaking your head, you didn't realize someone in front of you and bumped into him. 

"Ow... sorry. " You quickly bow without even looking at the face. 

"It's okay. " A deep voice sounded through your ears. Looking up, your eyes widened seeing Chanyeol, a notorious student in your class who has the best grades. You didn't realize till now how deep his voice was and how.. hard his chest was, feeling your throbbing head.

But still, you didn't realize your were staring until he coughed and rubbed the back of his neck. 

"I-I'm sorry to hear about your friend.. " Breaking your stare, you look down at your feet. "Yeah... "
"And for her to be the next sole owner of Liu Lines... "

You raise your eyebrow, "How did you know that? " No one knew Amber was going to be the owner of her parent's company, all they knew was that she came from a wealthy family.

"Oh? " Chanyeol avoided eye contact, "Uh.. I just heard rumors.. and.. assumed.. "
He finally looked in your eyes and you flinched, seeing how piercing they can be.  

"Oh... " You shrugged it off and continued walking, realizing that he was following behind.

"Why're you following me? "

Chanyeol pushed up his glasses and smiled, "I heard you were looking for Amber's killer. I would like to help. "

"Why would you want to help? " You cross your arms, this was getting sketchy.

"Because when I grow up I want to be a detective. " Chanyeol smiles, showing off his brilliant white teeth. You eye him up and down. 

"You're practically an adult right now, with how tall you are. " It was true, Chanyeol was one of the tallest people in your school, towing over multiple students and teachers. And standing next to him, makes you an ant.

But still, after the first couple of days Chanyeol was persistent and kept asking to help and you finally agreed. He smiled widely and put his arm around your shoulder, "Don't worry. I'm taking classes, we'll find this guy. "

-

Two months later, you and Chanyeol have gotten closer with the amount of time you two spend to find this killer. Every time you felt you were getting closer, something ended up happening and it was gone.

"Are you sure your uncle can't trace the IP address of jinx, Chanyeol? " You and Chanyeol were outside where the crime had happened, an open field with tall grass. 

"No.. I'm sorry. " Chanyeol pouts, causing you to soften. "Well.. okay.. " You stand on your tippitoes and pat his head. 

"There's nothing here, let's go back. " Chanyeol takes your hand before you can say anything and leads you towards the street. 

"Chanyeol, how're we suppose to get back? " You look out both ways and see nothing but the empty road that seems to go on.
"There's a phone over there, I'll go try calling someone. " Chanyeol turns and smiles to you, "Wait here okay? "
You nod and watch his back as he approaches the pay phone. You turn to look at the opposite side to see if a car might come but this place was as deserted as ever. Sighing, you turn back to where Chanyeol was standing and your eyes widen a bit. He wasn't there anymore.

"Chanyeol? " You yell, running to where the payphone was. "Chanyeol!? " You scream and look around. "Chanyeol?!" You bit your lip preventing a squeal to come out. You were scared. You were always scared to be alone especially in the dark, when right now the sun was setting. 

From the corner of your eyes you see a figure coming towards you. You realized that there was van just parked further out on the road and you start running but the figure quickly caught up with you and tugged you by the waist. You screamed and felt a hand over your mouth. You started kicking and thrashing about while being dragged towards the van. 

"Calm the down! You stupid girl! " The figure, a guy you confirm by the voice punched you in the stomach. You winced and decide to keep quiet.

He opened the van and shoved you in, closing it and trapping you in darkness. Your eyes darted from side to side, feeling around the van until it rested on something, no.. someone.

You gasp, scared you will die at that moment. 

Suddenly the van lights in the back come on and your eyes adjust to it. You look up and your eyes rounded, "C-Chanye-"

You couldn't believe it.

Chanyeol pushed you down and put a cloth onto your lips. He hovered over you and coming to your senses you kicked around, shaking your head. A snarl was heard and Chanyeol locked your legs with his and once again, you flinched seeing those piercing eyes.

He opened his mouth to say something but stopped, and looked at the front then back to you.

Leaning down, Chanyeol whispered in your ear, "I'm sorry. "

Then everything went black.

-

You woke up to the sound of a crash. Breathing unevenly, you're in darkness again and this time tied to a chair. 

"Oh, sounds like she's awake. " 

"Why don't you go check on her? "

"Why me? Why won't lover boy go. " 

"Shut up. " Your ears perk up after hearing Chanyeol. Luckily, they didn't tape your mouth shut.

"Chanyeol! " You yell, echoing off the walls.

"See? She's calling for you, go on lover boy. " You hear laughs and grit your teeth.

Suddenly a light comes on and blinds you, only for a second. Once you open your eyes once again you almost gape. 

In front of you was no longer curly haired, eye glasses Chanyeol. But straight haired Chanyeol who's muscles could be seen through his school shirt.

Chanyeol looks away and puts his hands on his hips. "Why're aren't you saying anything? Surprised? "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter