Final

Tears...

Sehun had spent the night crying in the arms of Lu Han. Lu Han closed his eyes, trying to rock the other boy to some form of sleep. Tonight was going to be a long night. Su Ho opened the door of the room and walked in, it was his room too. He looked over at Lu Han who was holding Sehun to his chest while Sehun sobbed. Su Ho looked at the pair, Lu Han was just holding on while Sehun cried. Lu Han gave Su Ho a look as if to say, You're not planning on getting any sleep right? Su Ho just nodded, moving closer to start rubbing Sehun's back. Sehun made a whining noise. "Sehunnie, you need to stop crying. You need to try to get some sleep they have to go to China tomorrow and Lu Han needs to rest" Sehun let out a slightly louder sob and Lu Han just continued rocking Sehun. "Sehun, please, calm down." Su Ho said quietly. He noticed that Sehun was gripping onto Lu Han's shirt. His knuckles going white. Lu Han just rested his head down on the pillow, as Sehun continued sobbing. 

 
"He'll cry himself to sleep soon, Hyung" Lu Han whispered. "Go check on the others" Lu Han, "He won't let go of me so there is nothing more you can do." Lu Han Sehun's back, the sobs were quietening a little bit. Sehun had worn himself out from all the crying for a past few hours. Su Ho walked back out into the main living area in the dorm. He managed to make a smile when Kris stood up to talk to him. 
 
"Are they ok?" Kris asked worried, not only for Lu Han but for Sehun as well.
 
"You can hear... he's still sobbing. But he's settling down a little" Su Ho said looking down, he felt like he'd failed in his job, Sehun was hurting and there was nothing he could do to stop it. Kris put his arm around Su Ho and led him to the kitchen, silently pouring Su Ho a small drink, which Su Ho knocked back quickly. "Thanks." 
 
"You looked like you  needed it." Kris said quietly, "Tao's been asleep for a few hours, Xiumin was up talking to D.O but I think they've gone to bed now, Chen is waiting for you but I think he might have fell asleep, he just wants to say goodbye in case we leave before you wake. Yi Xing is sleeping. I haven't checked Baekhyun or Chanyeol, but Kai is sitting in the lounge, refusing to go to sleep until Sehun goes to sleep. He says he can hear him through the walls and the sobbing is stopping him sleeping." Kris bit his lip a little, "Want me to stay up with you?" Su Ho shook his head but then nodded. 
 
"Please. I don't know how we're gonna deal with Jongin. We could do with getting him to bed." Su Ho said quietly as the pair walked in to see Kai had fallen asleep on the sofa. "Easier than I thought" Su Ho said quietly. Kris moved to the couch and picked up Kai. 
 
"Where should I put him?" Kris asked. 
 
"Can he stop in your room, tonight, in case Sehun wakes him up, and Lu Han isn't using his bed." Su Ho asked sighing a little. He could hear Sehun sobbing still, Su Ho sharply inhaled. 
 
"I'll be back as soon as I've put him in bed" Kris said quietly. Su Ho sat down on the couch, just listening to the sounds coming from his room. He heard Sehun's sobs crescendo and then die down again. He fought against the urge to go back in, knowing he only made things worse. Kris came back, and sat next to Su Ho. He looked at Su Ho who was now holding his head in his hands. "Sehun, he'll calm down soon."
 
"It's been on and off for 3 or 4 hours Kris. He's not calming down" Su Ho said a harsh edge to his voice. 
 
"I know." Kris said, "And Lu Han is the only person who has a chance of calming him." Kris leant back on the couch, there was no point arguing with each other. "We should try to sleep a little" Kris said knowing that Su Ho would refuse to go to bed, well it would be difficult for him to go to bed, in the same room. Kris bit his lip a little as Su Ho just glared at him. "Or not." he added. 
 
Lu Han was rocking Sehun who looked like he was finally calming down. Sehun pulled back from his tight embrace. He pressed his lips quickly to Lu Han's. He didn't know why he did it, well he did, but he didn't know why he chose now to make a move. "I think I love you." Sehun said quietly. There was an awkward silence, Lu Han didn't say anything, he just pretended to be asleep. Sehun looked down, and snuggled into Lu Han falling asleep softly. 
 
The next morning, Su Ho woke up on the sofa, with Kris sleeping at the other end, his head resting on the armrest. Su Ho wiped his eyes and saw Kai sitting at the kitchen/diner table eating an apple. Su Ho smiled, gently waking up Kris. Kris smiled at him, "time to get them all ready" Kris said sleepily, getting up and going to all the room, knocking and waking them up. Su Ho decided to brave prying Sehun from Lu Han. He walked in to find Sehun asleep on the bed and Lu Han standing up at the mirror, Su Ho looked at him. 
 
"Leave him, he's had a rough night" Lu Han said quietly. Su Ho nodded, agreeing, taking Sehun wouldn't be a good idea. Lu Han tucked Sehun under the duvet better, leaving a gentle peck on the youngers forehead. "He'll be upset when he wakes up, but it's better this way" Lu Han said to Su Ho as they both left the room closing the door. 
 
Sehun woke up about 3 hours after EXO-M had left. He walked into the living room, dragging his feet. Kai looked up from his magazine. "Sehun..." he said quietly, the others had all discussed what to say and do about the maknae. "S-Su Ho wants to talk to you." Sehun looked at Kai and nodded. He trudged to find Su Ho in the kitchen. 
 
"Sehun. I know he was your best friend but this is a bit much. We need you to pull it together, please Sehun we're worried. Last night, it hurt to hear you crying so hard." Su Ho said watching as Sehun began crying again. "Shh. Shh Hunnie" Su Ho quickly pulled the younger into a tight hug, before the sobbing got hard. Su Ho rubbed Sehun's back carefully guiding him out of the kitchen and back into their room. Kai and Baekhyun watched before looking down. 
 
Once in the room Su Ho sat Sehun down on the bed and sat next to him. "Sehunnie, he's gonna be back. You know I miss Jongdae, he was my lunch buddy everyday for the past 10 months." Su Ho said rubbing Sehun's back. 
 
"But you aren't in love with him are you Hyung," Sehun whispered. Su Ho shook his head, before pulling Sehun into a tighter hug. Sehun broke down again and Su Ho felt a twinge on his heartstrings. 
 
"Sehun"
 
"He doesn't love me back." 
 
"Sehun"
 
"I told him and he didn't answer." 
 
"Sehun, he might have fallen asleep"
 
"I'm not stupid." Sehun said, throwing himself onto the bed, "Go away" he said muffled by the pillow, crying hard.  Su Ho sighed walking out and picking up the phone, he didn't know why he was doing this but he was.
 
"Hey Kris, can I ask you a favour? I need you to talk to Lu Han. I want you to tell him to think about what Sehun said to him last night and call Sehun. He'll know what I mean." 
 
Weeks went by and Lu Han had called, but had never brought up the conversation that happened that night. It was soon the day of the return, Sehun didn't know what to do, he didn't know if he was nervous or excited. His best friend was going to return but then there was the awkward confession from the last night. After the meal welcoming the other back, Lu Han asked if Su Ho could not come into Sehun's room insisting that he had to talk to him. Once in the room he asked Sehun to sit on his bed. Lu Han sat on Su Ho's bed looking across at Sehun. 
 
"Sehun, about the last time we were in this room. I'm sorry to say this, but I can't accept your confession." Sehun looked at Lu Han and began tearing up. 
 
"B-But, W-Why?" Sehun stammered, Lu Han internally cringed he knew that the stammer was a reaction to the situation. 
 
"Sehun, I don't like you in that way. I love you, but only as my best friend." Lu Han said awkwardly. 
 
"B-But, A-All those n-nights you h-held me. All the b-bubble tea. All the times" Sehun was now crying as well as stammering. 
 
"Sehun, I'm straight." Lu Han said finitely. Sehun nodded, taking it all in, he was still crying. He felt as Lu Han moved to hold him, being unable to stand watching the younger cry. "I'm sorry Sehun but I like girls. I'm sorry that I can't like you back. I'm sorry, and I felt you needed this explanation in person." Lu Han whispered rocking Sehun gently. Sehun nodded, he knew that he had no chance of ever getting Lu Han but in a way this would be good closure. He had to move on, there was no choice. He had to move on. He would move on. 
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
Thank you for reading, comments and subs are greatly appreciated. 
Please feel free to check out my other HunHan oneshots and my other fics if you want.