Final

Please Love Me [ONE SHOT]

"Excuse me, do you mind if I sit here?" A boy quietly whispered. I'm sure its a young boy. No older than 17. 

"No, go ahead" I answered. I listened closely and heard very quiet sobs escaping from the boy. Was he crying? "Are you okay?"

"Um.. Yeah I'm fine." You know when they say blind people have sharp ears, they weren't kidding. Although I couldn't see him, I could hear his tears running down his face. 

"Well whatever it is, I'm sure it's not as bad as it seems." I sighed. I listened to the wind that rustled the tree's branches above my head. This park was the most peaceful place I could ever escape to. 

"My..my mom passed away today." He cried louder. A pang of guilt washed over me, i didn't mean to make him cry more.

"Sorry..." Was all that i could say. I still had both of my parents so I couldn't possibly imagine his pain.

"i just never expected it, you know?"... there was a short silence, "Have you lost anything unexpectedly?" 

A weak laugh escaped my lips. I remembered the night of the accident. Of how I lost my eye sight.

"I have actually." I sighed and took off my black glasses and turned to the direction of where the boy should be sitting. He gasped.

"I...I didn't realize. I'm so sorry." He barely managed to whisper.

"It's okay, i got used to it. It's been fourteen years now." I tried not to let my emotions get to the best of me, i held in the tears and put my glasses back on. "I can't even remember how the world looks like."

"It's beautiful." Said the boy. I laughed as tears escaped from my eyes. I wish i could see it. 

"I can't even imagine." I whispered. I was shocked when I felt a hand on my face and fingers wiping away my tears. 

"Don't cry." He paused for a second, "C'mon I'll show you!" He laughed as he grabbed my hand and dragged me away from the bench. 

"Okay so this flower is bright yellow with these giant green leaves." He took my other hand and placed the flower onto it. "Feel it." I touched the flower and focused on the boys description. I could almost imagine it. 

"It's so soft." I said just before i was dragged off somewhere else. 

"My name is Mir by the way." The boy laughed as he pulled me through the park. He had left his pain on the bench and tried to forget for awhile why he was sad in the first place. He wanted to be happy just like me, at least for a little while.

"I'm Joon." A small laugh escaped my lips. I can't remember the last time I laughed.

"Will you let me show you how beautiful the world is Joon?" The boy held my hand tightly as he waited for my reply.

"You are a complete stranger yet I already trust you Mir." I smiled, "You are letting me see a better world already. I can't thank you enough." 

 

TA-DAH !! 

I know its super short so forgive me. But I have a re-sit exam tomorrow morning that I haven't yet revised for .... Opsy daisy :D