Yet

Mother's Day

"Daniel, hurry up! We're gonna be late!" You yelled across the room, hovering by the door with a brightly colored gift bag dangling from your fingers.

Your boyfriend appeared in the doorway of your hotel room's bathroom, still sporting only pants and a beater. "We're still more than an hour early.  Go sit down."

"It's better to be early than late." You pointed out, beginning to pace.  "What kind of impression would I make showing up late for mother's day brunch?"

"We'll make it on time for brunch and Sunday morning service." Daniel grabbed your wrist and tugged you back towards the bed, sitting you on the edge and squatting down in front of you. He took your hands in his and rubbed his thumb across the back of it. "Besides, you've already met my mom, she loves you.  Why are you so nervous?"

You pulled your hands from his and twiddled with your fingers, looking down instead of staring into his face.  "This is a big deal.  Your sisters will be there, and your church members, and... what if she doesn't like the gift? They're gonna hate me.  Maybe I should just stay..."

"Calm down." Daniel laughed. "No one in their right mind would hate you.  I don't hate you, I love you.  Shouldn't that matter more than anything?"

You opened your mouth to speak, but he didn't give you a chance to continue.

"Stay here, I have something for you."

He left for a moment to retrieve a box wrapped in your favorite colored paper. "For you." He held it out to you, kneeling in front of you again. "Happy mother's day."

"We don't have any kids, I'm not a mother." You pointed out in confusion, but you had already started to pull the paper off anyway.

"Yet." Daniel added, as you placed unwrapped the present, eyeing the beautiful jewelry box. "One day, you'll be my wife, and the mother of all my children.  In years to come, I'll fill up every slot of that jewelry box with the most beautiful pieces I can find for you."

"Thank you," You choked out through your tears, setting the box aside and flinging yourself at him.  He stood up with a chuckle, pulling you with him.  His arms wound around your waist and you set your head on his shoulder.

"You're welcome.  I love you." He pecked your temple.

"I love you too."

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=48878359