Inside

Sherlock's Lost Chapter: VI

 

The skies were thickened by factory smoke, making it hard to decipher the time of day. If it wasn't for the count of the hammers striking the surface of the bells in Big Ben then Jinki and Minho would not know what to assume.

"5 o'clock, we should head back, we haven't found much anyway." Jinki stated as he started to pack his books away. All but a heavy leather back one. Minho had realised that Jinki had spent a lot of time just staring at a single page in this book.

Once both boys had put everything away, leaving the table they had been at spotless, they headed to the front of the library where a middle aged woman sat behind a dull pine desk.

"I'd like to take this book out please," Jinki asked as the woman looked up. She had shallow, dark eyes that looked like they could stare straight into your soul. Her hair was in a slick bun and her lips were tightly pursed, making it seem like she didn't have any.

At the sight of the book, her eyes widened and her face formed an unexpected grin.

"Certainly sir." Her voice was soft but at the same time frighteneing.

She stamped the book under the desk secretly slipping a note. That action didn't go unmissed though. Minho had noticed straight away as he came to the library often.

As the lady handed the book back Minho did a quick bow and quickly slipped out of the door.

"Jinki, what's in the book?" Minho frowned.

Jinki started strolling away, not wanting to get into that discussion. If he had it his way, he would burn the book and not let any of the others see. For their own safety.

Minho followed behind, assessing Jinki's manner in which he was acting. The eldest was never serious, unless faced with peril or an angry old woman. The book had to be important.

'Tonight Jinki you're going to wish you locked your bedroom door!' Minho thought with a smirk.

Jinki, confused by how easily Minho had given up, looked back. As a result of taking his eyes away from the pavement he managed to walk straight into an elderly gentleman, both falling to the ground.

"Hey watch it you stupid kid!" The man stood quickly brushing dust from his tatty grey jacket. His rough voice sounding familiar.

"You are the one who should be apologise old beggar man!"

The old man gave Jinki a smack across the back of the head and tottered away. Minho, who had witnessed the whole thing, was finding it hard to compress a giggle. Jinki noticing this strolled over to the younger and replayed the old man's slap on him.

"How do you like that?!" Jinki asked, noticing the anger in Minho's eyes and sprinter off to baker street.

xxxxxxxxxx

A hand reached out for the handle of the frequently used door, only to find it already open. 

A heavy panting could be heard inside along with some small sobs. The two who had entered rushed up the stairs to sourse of the noise.

There on the floor were 2 farmiliar faces and an old man in a recognisable tatty grey jacket. The 'old' man was the cause of the panting while youngest was the cause of the sobs. 

"Kibum, what happened here?" Minho asked as he joined the others on the floor.

"We got attacked," The man answered, only it wasn't the man's original voice. It could only be recognised as Jonghyun's. His disguises were getting better. "They found out about... Taemin's... slip of the tongue and well took it out on out stomachs, it seems."

"Are you all fine though? How about Taemin?"

"He's fine, just shook up, it didn't help that we had opened the case before hand though." Kibum said from his position under the youngest.

Minho and Jinki moved dover to the case, not asking how they had got it back as apparently a lot had happened in the time they had been out.

Inside the case was a single list; names, dates, places and prices.

The top half looked like a hit list while the other looked like a list of clients, one particuar name stole their attention though. 

"M? Why do I recognise that?" Jinki mused. 

"I know what you mean! We should find these people, they may be able to help us or give us a clue or two."

Jinki whipped out his magnifying glass and held it up to the paper.

"This may actually be easier then you think." He said pacing over to his chemistry set, "Someone left a clue" 

Jinki held the paper up to the flame revealing the address of  '17 Crossway Road'.