Kyung Mi

Family Ties

Donghae

I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was a gummy smile I had loved over the years. I lingered my eyes to the face of the man I had loved for years now. He is still the same boy I met when I was busting tables at a café that his friend owns. He was kinda like my knight in shining armor that came into rescue; I was living alone and was in short of cash. Many were trying to get me into the ty business because I had a pretty face and body for a guy. But I turned it down. All I need is a nice job with earning I can support myself.

Hyukjae ruined my plans; I was actually planning to be alone for the rest of my life. He came and captured me and just ruined it. Why do Hyukjae have to come at the time when I didn’t really need someone, but hell? I want Hyukjae. Hyukjae gave me more than himself and more than I could have asked for. 

I wanted to adopt a baby. Hyukjae were very much against the idea at first. Hyukjae said we can’t afford to have a baby. The world was looking strangely at us. Like we were aliens. I said I don’t care, that was our first big fight, I stormed out of the house into the night. Hyukjae were trying to call me but I was too hurt to care. Hyukjae looked for me and brought me home. I still avoided looking at Hyukjae. I can see the hurt in Hyukjae, but I was hurt too. It was like Hyukjae don’t want to have a family with me. For days, we were like this. I thought we were ending…

 

One day Hyukjae dragged me out of the house without a word, I don’t have any idea where we are headed. But I knew this fight will end today.  Hyukjae pulled over into am old building, I looked at the sigh and it says, “Little Angels Orphanage”. I widened my eyes, still in shock of what has happening, Hyukjae pulled me into a hug and said. “I’m sorry. I should have not stood in your way; I want to have a family with you. I hate to see you sad. It breaks me too. Please be happy again. I love you.”

I nodded and hugged him back. I was too overwhelmed with emotions I couldn’t speak.

Hyukjae nudged me “Baby? Are you still mad? Please forgive me, please talk to me; I can’t bear to not hear you.”

I smiled at his words. “I love you too. I was never mad at you. You were just overanalyzing things.” I joked.

Hyukjae let out a deep breath and smiled. “Let’s go?” He indicated the entrance of the building.

We entered and talked to the houseparent there. She gave us the profiles of the kids who live there. We chose this one year old boy. The houseparent said that he was abandoned on the side street by his parents. Who would have the heart to abandon such a little angel? Hyukjae has already prepared the requirements and we were allowed to see the kid. We named him Myung Ki, it stands for cleverness and energy, I hope he grows up like that.

On our way home, I took Hyukjae’s hand, “Thank you.” He squeezed it and said, “I love you”.

Hyukjae had proven again how much he loves me. I feel so happy and contented.  I vowed to myself never to let him feel sad anymore. I love him so much and I know that he loves me too. I hope we eill have a happy life. With Myung Ki and Hyukjae I know where I belong.