...

Untitled (KaiHun)

 

Untitled

by monick87

 

 

 

Jongin wasn’t sure how it actually happened. It could had been when they met for the very first time in the school, or that evening that they spent playing videogames until the other day, or maybe it had been that day when he stayed with Jongin in the hospital when he was in pain because of his waist injury. But, the only thing Jongin knew for a fact was that he was deeply in love with his best friend and band mate: Sehun.

 

This was exactly why Jongin felt so stressed lately. He had never thought of himself as a jealous person, but apparently, he had been wrong about himself all his life.

 

He got along with all the EXO members perfectly. He loved them in his own way since all of them had been together, sharing happiness, sadness and doubts. Maybe they haven’t spent so much time together, but certainly they had spent quality time. But, no matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t help but feel annoyed and exasperated every time the other EXO K members commented on Luhan’s messages towards Sehun.

 

Jongin knew it was all fanservice and they were just friends, but it still bugged him to no end. The worst part was that he was starting to feel resented towards his friend, Luhan. His rational side told him to keep it cool because Luhan was only doing it for their fans and how popular the pairing had become so fast, but his other side was more into instincts and that one told him to protect his territory.

 

It wasn’t like Sehun was his property, since the other boy didn’t even know what Jongin felt for him. But still, he got jealous as hell at the very mention of Luhan and Sehun  in the same sentence or the very mention Luhan, lately.

 

“I brought you some bubble tea,” a voice said, pulling Jongin out of his thoughts.

 

“Huh?”  He asked in confusion, not really grasping why or what Sehun was giving him. “Sorry, what did you just say?” Jongin asked, looking up at him.

 

Sehun sighed and smiled. “I brought you bubble tea. I went out for some and thought you might want one,” he answered, as he offered the drink to his friend and sat down beside him.

 

Jongin blinked a few times and took the drink with a smile on his face. “Thanks, Sehun-ah.”

 

Sehun’s smile dropped, and he turned to look at Jongin with a serious face. “Hyung, we’re ok, right?” He asked. “I mean, nothing wrong had happened between us, right?” He added, looking directly at Jongin in the eyes.

 

Jongin gulped. Sehun looked so serious and he was getting closer to him, that it was becoming a little bit uncomfortable for him. “Yes, we’re ok. Why would you ask that?”

 

“Nothing. Just checking,” Sehun answered and got up. He walked towards his room, leaving Jongin behind who was thinking about how close their faces had been.

 

Jongin sighed and took a sip of the tea. It took him a few moments to remember how Luhan had mentioned once that he and Sehun went out to have bubble tea every day, and suddenly Jongin didn’t want tea anymore. He left the almost-full-drink on the coffee table in front of him and decided that maybe he needed to go to the practice room of the SM building to dance for a while, in order to get rid of the feelings and thoughts he had at the moment.

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

When Sehun got out of his room after checking his email in his laptop, he found Baekhyun and Chanyeol on the couch, watching TV and relaxing since they had the morning off.

 

“Where’s Jongin-ah?” He asked, looking around to spot his friend. “How did you get that, hyung?” He asked, pointing at the drink on Chanyeol’s hands.

 

“Found it on the table,” Chanyeol answered, not even bothering to look at Sehun. He was very engrossed in The Big Bang Theory episode on TV at the moment.

 

Sehun sighed and walked towards the kitchen, trying not to look hurt as he passed his hyungs to get a glass of water. Lately, Jongin had been very out of himself and that worried Sehun a lot. The childish and active Jongin had now become silent and seemed to be in his own world most time.  

 

The maknae had always tried to be more open. He didn’t know why he just couldn’t say things or demonstrate what he felt in the way he wanted to. But in his own way he had tried to show Jongin how important he was for him. In every tiny touch, smile or small gesture such as the bubble tea he had brought for Jongin, Sehun had been trying to say: “I care about you, Jongin. And I care a lot”.

 

Never in his life, Sehun had put so much effort in doing all this things for someone as he did for Jongin. Sure, he smiled and hugged and played with his other hyungs, but he had always treated Jongin in a more special way. After all, Jongin was the one to whom Sehun’s heart belonged to.

 

 

 

*****

 

 

“Why don’t you just tell him?” Kyungsoo said after closing the door of their shared room. It was already night and they needed to wake up early in the morning of the next day to practice and then go to their fansign event.

 

“Tell who what?” Jongin asked, without looking at his hyung. He was focused on playing Street Fighter on his Nintendo 3DS.

 

Kyungsoo went to his closet and put his pj’s out of it. “Why don’t you tell Sehun that you have a crush on him?” He said, as he started to undress to put his pj’s on.

 

Jongin’s mouth hung open and he turned to look at the other with shocked eyes. “W-what?” He asked, not really knowing if he was hearing the right thing.

 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. “It’s a little obvious that you two like each other after living with you guys for a year.” He put his pj’s on and walked towards his own bed. “The way you get possessive about him, how you look at him. And also how nice and caring he is towards you, not mentioning how a smile is always on his face whenever you’re around. Yes, it’s quite obvious,” he added after sitting and looking at Jongin.

 

Jongin put his game aside, not really caring that by now his Ryu had been beaten up by Yoga. He sat too, and looked at Kyungsoo. “I do like him,” he confessed, still trying to grasp what his hyung had just said. “But, you seriously think he likes me?” He asked, feeling his heart flutter at the mere thought of Sehun liking him in that way.

 

Kyungsoo snorted. “Of course I do!” He said as he got under the duvet. “Now, good night! Because I’m very sleepy.”

 

Jongin sighed. “Good night, hyung,” he said, picking up his game again and closed it properly. He decided to call it a day as well and go to sleep.

 

Unfortunately, his mind kept on wondering about what Kyungsoo had said so he barely got a couple of hours of sleep.

 

 

*****

 

 

After hours of debating about what to do, Jongin decided that he should put to test what Kyungsoo had said. So, the only way he came up to do that was to deliberately flirt with Sehun and see how the other boy reacted.

 

His first attempt was after a dance practice. They had finished practicing and had gone to bathe but he decided to stay and practice a little more, there was a step that somehow still felt awkward for him and he didn’t like that at all.

 

He was so into the dance that he almost slips when he noticed Sehun was watching him as he was leaning on frame of the door. Jongin stopped his movements and look around to confirm they were alone. Maybe this was the right time.

 

Jongin looked at Sehun through the mirror and their eyes met. Sehun his lips unconsciously as he walked to his friend, and Jongin couldn’t avoid having a love-hate relationship with that habit of the maknae.

 

“Thanks, Sehunnie,” Jongin said with a smile. Sehun gave him the bottle of water and he immediately proceeded to drink it. He didn’t notice how thirsty he was until now. Or maybe also he felt his throat a little dry thanks to the nervousness he was starting to feel.

 

“You’re welcome,” Sehun responded. “We should get goi-“

 

“Wait, wait! Don’t move!” Jongin ordered, as he leaned into Sehun so their faces were a few inches away from each other. He cupped the maknae’s cheek with his left hand and grabbed something from his eyelashes, quickly.

 

Sehun gulped and freeze on his spot. Suddenly he was very aware of his surroundings and the skinship his friend was providing him. Jongin’s hand was soft and warm and he could definitely get use to those big hands not only on his cheek, but all over his hips, his chest, his tights…

 

“There!” Jongin said, bringing his right hand up. He apparently had something between his index finger and his thumb. “You had one eyelash loose,” he explained moving the hand. “Now close your eyes, make a wish and blow,” he added.

 

Sehun blinked a few times and looked how Jongin put his hand in front of him, with his thumb and index finger still together and right before his mouth.

 

“Close your eyes! C’mon!” Jongin insisted and got closer to Sehun, who gulped again and decided to do as told.

 

Anticipation was killing Sehun as he closed his eyes and made his wish of a happy and successful future for EXO. “Wish made, now what?” Sehun asked, still with closed eyed. “Can I blow now?”

 

Maybe it was because of his age, but the sound of Sehun’s voice pronouncing the word “blow” along with the closeness with his crush was making Jongin feel really hot all of a sudden.

 

“Yes. Do it,” Jongin answered and separated his fingers, only to reveal that there was nothing there. Well, at least that way Sehun wouldn’t know that it was all a ploy somehow.

 

Sehun blew slightly and Jongin just had to put some distance between them. “You can open your eyes, Sehunnie. The eyelash flew away so your wish will come true,” he explained.

 

The maknae looked at Jongin and tried to not to blush or look like lovesick freak. “We should get going now. The others could be worried.”

 

Jongin just nodded and both exited the room without saying a single word.

 

 

 

*****

 

 

Jongin had the slight thought that just maybe Sehun could feel something for him that was something more than a simple friendship. But still, he wasn’t sure of anything and if he was confused before, now he was surely becoming insane!

 

He wasn’t sure if the way Sehun blushed that day when he told him he looked really y in that particular photoshoot, was because he felt shy to be praised in that way or because he felt shy for being praised by Jongin in that way.

 

That was exactly why he decided to blame Kyungsoo for making him more confused about the whole situation. After all, he hadn’t noticed anything out of the ordinary before Kyungsoo told him that Sehun liked him as well. Yes, maybe Jongin was reading too much between the lines and his love was one sided after all.

 

Jongin had decided to give up with whatever the hell he was trying to prove or convince himself of, so now he was doing what he liked to do the most when he was determined: playing Call of Duty.

 

Joonmyun’s voice was heard, indicating that he had just came back from that long talk with their manager and Lee Soo Man about leadership and other stuff regarding his role as a leader in EXO K.

 

“Guys, I’m home!” He announced as he walked past Jongin and sat beside him on the couch, throwing his backpack on the floor.

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun came out from their shared room yawning, while Kyungsoo and Sehun came out from the kitchen. It was almost the time for lunch and Sehun had been chosen to help “the chef D.O.” as Kyungsoo liked to call himself.

 

“You were there for ages, hyung! What happened?” Baekhyun asked. Everybody took a seat in the living room.

 

Jongin sighed and put pause on his game as he saw everybody were now surrounding him and therefore interrupting his game.

 

“Oh, nothing major, don’t worry. Just a few things about the schedules of each one of us, that I will inform you later, by the way. It took me so much time to get here because I got caught up in a conversation with Kyuhyun, who happened to be in the building at the time,” Joonmyun explained with a smile.

 

Kyungsoo was about to let everybody know that lunch was going to be ready in 10 minutes, when Joonmyun gasped, startling everybody.

 

“Oh! I forgot! Some fans sent you this, Sehun!” He said, grabbing his backpack and putting a red box out of it. “Seems fans love you and Luhan together!” He added, winking.

 

Sehun blinked a few times and took the small box. He opened it and just stared at what he saw. There were a lot of pictures of himself and Luhan, walking together, holding hands, whispering things, and it had another box. He opened the other box and found a pair of couple rings.

 

Sehun sighed. The rings were beautiful and he was sure they were given to him by a fan for himself and Luhan. Yes, he loved Luhan, but not in that way. He loved Luhan like a big brother and nothing more, nothing less.

 

“This is…” Sehun didn’t really know what to do. If only the box had the name of the fan, he would have given it back or something like that!

 

“Argh!” Jongin exclaimed, getting up abruptly. Everybody turned to see him as he just stormed out of the apartment, slamming the door in the process.

 

“What was that?” Chanyeol asked, still looking at the entrance door.

 

“Maybe he got upset because we interrupted his game?” Baekhyun offered.

 

Both Kyungsoo and Joonmyun sighed at the same time.

 

“Go after him, Sehun-ah,” Joonmyun requested. He had a hint about what was actually happening. After all he wasn’t the leader for nothing.  “He left without keys, cell phone or money.”

 

 Sehun nodded and stood up.

 

“Go back for lunch, ok?” Kyungsoo said, as Sehun grabbed his wallet and cell phone.

 

The maknae nodded once again and proceeded to go after what it seemed like a very pissed off Jongin.

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

“Damn it, Jongin-ah!” Sehun exclaimed as he finally had found the person he had been searching for the past 15 minutes. “I thought you were out on the streets! Not here on the roof!”

 

Jongin turned around to face Sehun and sighed. “I’m sorry?” He offered, not really knowing what he had to do exactly. Jongin knew he had made a big mistake by actually let his feelings act instead of thinking first, but well, now he had to affront whatever it may come. “I just needed some fresh air,” he added.

 

“Care to explain what was all about?” Sehun asked right away as he stood right in front of Jongin. “Not every day your best friend storms out of the apartment just because!”

 

Jongin took a deep breath and closed his eyes. ‘I guess this is it,’ he thought. He opened his eyes and looked directly at the maknae. “Do you seriously have no idea why I acted that way?” He asked.

 

Sehun gulped. In his eyes, Jongin had acted out of jealousy or anger, but what if that wasn’t really the case.

 

After a few seconds, Jongin finally decided to speak his heart. “I can’t stand the mention of you and Luhan hyung as a couple. I hate it!” He declared, forcing himself to not look down or other way, but Sehun. “I get so jealous that sometimes I even want to punch Luhan hyung, as much as I like him! And everything is because I love you, Sehun-ah! I’m ing in love with you!” Jongin partly screamed.

 

Sehun froze. He had heard Jongin was in love with him! But then, it was like his mind had just shut down. He opened his mouth but no coherent words could come out.

 

As much as the maknae wanted to say ‘I love you, too!’, the only words that came out of his mouth were, “I-I…I…”

 

Jongin was starting to get desperate by the lack of response from Sehun. He just hated not knowing where to stand. Either would be that Sehun actually like him or not, he was ready for it. But he just hated the silence! “You what?!” Jongin exclaimed annoyed. He had just poured out his feelings and he felt he deserved at least a response.

 

“I love you, too. OK?!” Sehun screamed at Jongin. “I love you, too. But you don’t have to be such an !” He reproached.

 

“I’m sorry!” Were the words that immediately came out of Jongin’s mouth like a plea. “I’m sorry! It’s just that I’m not so patient,” he excused himself, rubbing the back of his neck.

 

Sehun shook his head and let out a small laugh. “So typical of you. But yeah, you’re forgiven.”

 

Jongin bit his inner cheek. “So…if I love you and you love me…can I kiss you?” He asked, feeling a bit awkward. He had always dreamed about confessing to Sehun and Sehun telling him he loved him back, which would most times end up in them kissing and having , but it really felt different in real life.

 

“You don’t actually ask for a kiss. Never ever! It’s like a rule, Jongin-ah. You never ask for a kiss, you just steal i-” Sehun managed to say before Jongin’s lips were on his. He smiled at the feeling of those plump and soft lips and wrapped his arms around the other’s neck. 

 

Jongin put his hands on Sehun’s hips and brought the maknae’s body closer to his as they continued exploring and savoring each other’s mouths.

 

After a few minutes, they decided to break the not-so-innocent-kiss and put their foreheads together.

 

Jongin was starting to feel that maybe Kyungsoo was the real mom of EXO K, after all he had proved he had that sixth sense, and Jongin’s life could had been much easier if he had just followed the other’s advice.