the one shot

Perfect End~ the B.A.P. Version

“I hate you!” Zelo screamed at the boy. He grabbed his jacket and ran out the door.

He'd finally had enough of the man's crap. Yongguk didn't follow him out the door as he ran down the street. Zelo was thankful.

He didn't think that he could have walked away so easily if Yongguk hadn't let him go. The two had been together for only a few months, but Zelo had become very attached. That was why he put up with the other man's crap for as long as he had.

His only problem now that he'd finally gotten away was having to find a place to go. He knew where he needed to go, and his feet led him that direction before he could really even figure out that was where he was going himself.

He just hoped that once he got there that the boy would still talk to him.

Zelo turned into the oh so familiar driveway of his best friend. His best friend that currently hated him, he reminded himself. He walked to the door and knocked hesitantly, chewing his lip as he took a step back and waited for it to be answered.

“Zelo? It's nice to see you again.” Mr. Kim smiled, letting him into the house.

“Nice to see you too, Mr. Kim.” Zelo responded, bowing before he walked through the door. “Where is Himchan?” He gulped back his apprehension as he waited for a response.

“The garage with the guys.” He responded, pointing to a door down the hall before walking away.

Zelo gulped again and walked to the door leading inot the garage. He stopped in front of it, hearing a noise. It was a person, recognizably Daehyun. He sounded angry.

“What's wrong with you, man?” he was nearly yelling. “You've been screwing up for months. Get over it already!”

Zelo bit his lip and instinctively took a step back as the door swung open. Zelo came eye to eye with Jongup.

“Zelo..” He whispered, looking behind him at Daehyun who was screaming at a nearly crying Himchan.

“Stop being a . Get over it. He's going to come back anyways! He always does! Stop moping and get the steps right! If we don't win this dance competition because of you-”

“Daehyun, stop yelling at him!” Zelo heard himself scream, stepping out into the garage.

“Zelo.” Daehyun gasped upon hearing the the boy's voice. He turned to look at Zelo with wide eyes, stuttering as he tried to apologize for anything the boy might have heard.

Zelo ignored him and looked past him, at Himchan. He'd changed more than usual. He was paler, sickly looking. Like he had stopped eating. Or hadn't slept in a long time. Or both.

“Uh...we're..gonna leave now.” Daehyun stuttered out, ushering the others out of the room and leaving Zelo and Himchan alone.

The two of them stood, staring in silence at each other.

“Yongguk and I broke up.” Zelo whispered, biting his lip to hold back tears that threatened to fall.

Himchan just stared at him. Zelo had always been able to read Himchan, like an open book, but in the moment, it was impossible to do.

“What do you want me to do about it?” Himchan asked, his voice sounding weak but no less cold.

“Himchan...” Zelo began, but was cut off.

“Listen, Zelo. I'm sick of this. I'm sick of you being there then being gone. Then when something goes wrong, you come crawling back and expecting me to take you back with open arms. I can't take it anymore. You have to make a choice. Are you with me...or not?” Himchan asked, a nothingness filling his voice that sent a shiver down Zelo's spine.

“I...I can't..” Zelo stuttered, tears beginning to fill his eyes.

Himchan's hands tightened into fists. “You can! Don't tell me you can't, Zelo!” he yelled.

Zelo backed awway. He knew that Himchan would never hit him, but the anger radiating from the boy was still scary. Himchan advanced as Zelo retreated, raising his hand as if he were about to his Zelo.

“I should never have come back.” Zelo cried, running from the garage and into the front yard. He collapsed onto the concrete, crying.

His knees were most likely scraped up, but he didn't care.

Himchan hated him. He could see it, feel it. His best friend, the one person that he had counted on through everything to be there when he needed someone the most. He had just lost that person and it hurt. He cried, a huge hole filling his entire soul, his entire body.

“Zelo?” It was the soft, tentative voice of Himchan.

Zelo looked up from the ground at him. He was in tears, just like Zelo.

“Zelo.” He whispered again, falling to his knees beside the boy.

“I broke up with him..” Zelo croaked out, looking up at Himchan as the boy wrapped two arms around him. “I missed you so much. I hated that he wouldn't let me see you.”

Himchan's eyes went wide and he pulled Zelo closer, snuggling the boy into his chest and holding him closely. “I'm so sorry.”

“I sorry.” he continued. “I didn't mean to yell. Please don't hate me.”

Zelo looked up at the other boy with tears in his eyes. “Why would I hate you?”

Himchan laughed, wiping the tears from Zelo's eyes as he stood them back up on the grass. Zelo chuckled softly, turning his head down to wipe his own eyes.

“There's a million reasons why you should hate me.” Himchan answered, a sort of amusement in his voice.

Zelo responded with a smirk. “And a million more why you should hate me.”

Himchan pulled Zelo to him, hugging him tightly and burying his head in the boy's neck.

“I could never hate you. Even if I tried.” He whispered. “And I've tried.”

Zelo gulped and looked at him. Himchan met his eyes.

“Himchan, I'm sorry. You were right about Yongguk, about all of them. I can do better than that.” Zelo whispered.

Himchan smiled, tightening his grip as his arms slid around Zelo's waist. Zelo smiled and closed his eyes, finding comfort in Himchan's arms. The place where he always felt the most at ease. The place where he always felt completely.

“I've always said you needed someone better than them.” Himchan whispered, looking up to watch the sun beginning to sink beneath the horizon.

Zelo looked up at him quiestioningly. “Like who?”

Himchan looked down at him. His eyes betrayed a slight bit of nervousness that made the corners of Zelo's mouth twitch up in a smile.

“Like me.” Himchan whispered, barely audible.

Zelo smiled for real after that. “Yeah. Like you.”

Himchan smiled, leaning forward to capture Zelo's lips with his own. Zelo melted into the kiss, his eyes fluttering closed. He wrapped his arms around Himchan's neck as the other deepened the kiss slightly.

They were both panting and blushing when they finally broke apart.

Zelo rested his head on Himchan's shoulder. “Well we know one thing..” he laughed.

“What's that?”

Zelo looked out at the sunset, his arms wrapped around Himchan while Himchan's wrapped around him. “If I get dumped, I have nobody to go back to.”

Himchan laughed. “I don't think that'll be a problem.”

“Why not?” it was Zelo's turned to ask.

Himchan captured Zelo's lips in another passionate, heart-wrenching kiss.

He spoke when he pulled away. “Because I love you. And I've never do anything to hurt you. Ever. The last thing I'll ever do is leave you.”