Rivals (w/ Chen)

EXO ONESHOT REQUEST (your ideal scenarios) [Temporarily CLOSED]

Name: Jung Hyunra
Nickname: Rara
Love interest: chen of exo m
Plot summary: they were bitter rivals and yet the best of friends despite the different personalities. chen and hyunra were always competing against each other in singing competitions and for solo parts in their choir group. it was amusing to their friends on how these two could be so close with each other n yet also be bitter rivals in both singing and academics. their vocal coach though amused by their rivalries thought on how it would be perfect for them to compete as a duet or duo for their upcoming competition and set them up to work together.


 

 

 

 

"So, let's see each other again tomorrow?" Hyunra mockingly said with a smirk.

 

 

"Yeah, and prepare dozen of tissues for your tears of failure." Chen answered with the same tone. They stared at each other for a couple of seconds before a hand grabbed Chen away. "Yah, what?!"

 

 

"Yo, dude! Chill." Hyunra heard Xiumin say before they completely left the room. She roamed her eyes around and decided to clean their classroom before she leave. She was completely absorbed in arranging the chairs when Hyejin, her best friend, entered the room.

 

 

"Rara-ssi, what are you doing here? Won't you practice at home? And where's Chen? Why didn't he bring you home?" She continuously asked. Hyunra looked at her, amazed.

 

 

"First, I was here because as you can see, I'm cleaning the room. Second, I will. Third and last, he was dragged by Xiumin when we were about to go home, with reasons that I don't care."

 

 

She heard Hyejin laugh, then she started helping her. A few minutes later, they were already done. They high-fived each other and decided to go home.


 

 

 

 

 

"WHAT?!!!!" Hyunra and Chen shouted that made Mr. Kim, their vocal coach, block his ears with his hands.

 

 

Who wouldn't shout? Mr. Kim just dropped a bomb, a bomb that shocked the hell out of them.

 

 

"I purposely removed your names on the list of the contestants today because I thought you two will do great in the duet category. And besides, you still have a week to practice together. Stop clashing, you both know you're great. So might as well have a duet." Mr. Kim explained as if it was something small. But for the both of them, it's not. They wanted to determine whose better.

 

 

Hyunra and Chen exchanged looks, showing disgust with the idea of having a duet. In the end, they had no choice but to agree. Mr. Kim clapped in happiness and gave them the piece they'll gonna sing.

 

 

"You punks, I still don't get it how you're close enough but sees each other as their worst enemy? Tell me, aren't you confused about that kind of set up?" Mr. Kim said as he rub his chin. Chen and Hyunra just looked at each other, unable to answer as they didn't know too how to explain. "Alright, you may go."

 

 

Hyunra and Chen walked on the same pace. Hyunra held the knob to open it, but she was surprised when it was Chen's hand that she touched. She immediately pulled her hand like she just touched a fire. She felt weird; her heart was racing. She took a deep breath and looked at him.

 

 

"If you don't have any plans to open the door, let me open it." She snobbishly said, trying to ignore her weird feelings. Chen smirked, opened the door, and went out before she does. So in the end, she opened the door herself. "Aishh..." She gnashed her teeth in annoyance and went out with heavy steps.

 

 

Mr. Kim shook his head as he let out an unsure smile. Will it work?


 

 

 

 

"Yah, you have to make your voice flat in that part. Also, you seem distracted." Hyunra said as she gave off an irritated sigh. Chen shot her a deathly glare.

 

 

"I know. And I did it, haven't you heard? You need to clean your ears!" he hissed. Hyunra's face turned red, a sign of controlling herself to burst in anger.

 

 

"So, my ears were the ones who have a problem, huh? How about you make it right so my ears will hear it right, too?" She sarcastically remarked. They were glaring at each other when Mr. Kim entered the room and went in the middle of them. "Kids! I thought you are practicing? Why are you glaring with each other?"

 

 

"Chen's fault!"

"Her fault!"

 

 

They said at the same time. Mr. Kim scratched the back of his head and sighed. "The one you'll be going to sing is a love song. How can you sing it with feelings if you're like that? You're worse than a cat and a dog."

 

 

Both felt guilty and bowed their heads. "I told you, Sir. It won't work." Chen blurted. 

 

 

"Yeah. We do better in solo than in a duet." she added.

 

 

"No, no, no. You have no time left. Hyunra, do you know the prize of this competition?" Hyunra shook her head. "A scholarship in this school until you graduate."

 

 

Her face lit up and her eyes sparkled. A scholarship until she graduates? That sounds good! She wouldn't need to take part-time jobs to support herself anymore.

 

 

"We'll win, Sir. And as for you," she said, pointing to Chen. "Try to make us lose or I'll do what I did to you before..." She naughtily said. She saw Chen's eyes widen and his whole face turned pale. He must be thinking about that incident before. She smirked when she saw him continuously nod and distanced himself away from her.

 

 

Mr. Kim furrowed his brows, wondering what Hyunra was talking about that made Chen act that way. Well at least they're a team now. Finally, He excused himself and told them to practice.

 

 

When they're all alone by themselves, Hyunra asked Chen to play the CD. With a determined spirit, they sang the song perfectly. Hyunra was so happy. The practice lasts for several hours until they finally cut it off.

 

 

"So, you just need a little threat to cooperate, huh." Hyunra said while they were heading home. Their houses were just a block away from each other so they oftentimes go home together. "I didn't know that my kiss can make your face like that. Your face was too white." She mocked and added a laughter. Truthfully, she too, was affected with that memory. 

 

 

A year ago, when they were on their midst of argument, Hyunra suddenly kissed Chen to shut him up. And she succeeded. Chen stopped talking, and his face turned red. And as if the kiss was nothing, she just laughed and laughed. He left her alone in their room and went somewhere. Funny how she was the one who did it. 

 

 

Chen stopped walking and that made Hyunra stop her thoughts. She looked at him and saw an evil grin, like he'll do something bad at her. "W-what's with that face?" she asked. 

 

 

"You're threatening me with that lousy kiss of yours, huh?" He said as he went closer to her. While he was coming closer, she was walking backwards to distance herself. Chen's grin turned into a smirk. "Why are you walking backwards? I just want to do what you did to me before..."

 

 

Hyunra's eyes bulged and she suddenly had that urge to run away and leave him. But a part of her didn't like to do it, and a part of her was waiting for him to do what he said. Ah, stupid brain!

 

 

"W-why would you do that? You dislike my kiss, right? That's why your reaction---"

 

 

"Babo. There are some things that men seldom enjoy. And one of those was what you did before," he cut her words. Hyunra was stunned. What does he mean? 

 

 

"I... I don't understand you."

 

 

"Why don't we do it again?" And before she could protest, she felt his lips on hers. Her brain stopped functioning for a while. Why won't she push this man? Why won't she slap this man? And worst of all, why was she enjoying this kiss?

 

 

Chen ended the kiss, making Hyunra blush. "Hmm..."

 

 

"What's that for?"

 

 

"To show you that you can't threaten me?" he answered. Hyunra's brows furrowed together. "And to show you that I like you." he added.

 

 

Her already fast beating heart doubled its speed. What did she hear? "Are you kidding me?" 

 

 

She heard Chen sigh before he answered. "No, I'm not. I have liked you since... Jurassic era?" He smirked.

 

 

"Oh, a dinosaur liked a human, huh?" 

 

 

"Maybe." he simply answered.

 

 

Hyunra went closer to him and pinched his cheeks. Chen laughed while trying to get her off. "I like you, too..." 

 

 

They heard a cough. When they turned around, they saw Mr. Kim, his hands on his waist. "I thought you were still practicing. I didn't know that you were practicing something aside from the competition," He said with an angry tone, but his face was showing the opposite.

 

 

The new couple blushed and suddenly ran away, leaving Mr. Kim laughing alone like a mentally disturbed patient. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

END.


kitten83, hope you like it^^

and the readers too :)