The Battle (w/ Tao)

EXO ONESHOT REQUEST (your ideal scenarios) [Temporarily CLOSED]

Name: Lim YeJin 
Age: 19 
Love interest: Tao 
Plot summary: YeJin did martial arts since a young age, and so did Tao. They have the same teacher but non of them know about it. The is an upcoming martial arts battle, YeJin and Tao have to battle against each other.  After that, Tao keeps seeing YeJin after her classes, and because of that he confesses to YeJin, and she accepts it, and they live happily ever after...


A/N beforehand: Sorry, I don't know anything about martial arts.

 

 

 

 

 

Yejin was catching her breath when Teacher Kang, her martial arts teacher, walked inside. She just finished practicing for tomorrow's event, a battle that will determine her strength and skills. 

 

 

"Done practicing, Yejin?" Teacher Kang asked. She nodded and bowed. "I want to watch you one last time before I let you go home."

 

 

The "watch" that he meant was they'll battle together, her own teacher as her opponent. Determined to show that she could win tomorrow, she gave all her best. She tried all the tricks that she learned from him. But of course, no one could ever beat the original. Their match was close enough, and that was fine with Yejin.

 

 

"Good enough. I wish you luck for tomorrow's competition." He said as he patted Yejin's shoulder. She started arranging her things and was about to exit when she overheard Teacher Kang said something. 

 

 

"It'll be hard for me to choose who I want to win tomorrow..." Her forehead wrinkled. He won't fully support her? She's his student, right?

 

 

Her thoughts were interrupted when a running man with his head down came running accross her, almost making her fall if she just didn't balance herself.

 

 

"Sorry." That's just what he said and entered the room she just left. She didn't saw his face as he was looking down and was wearing a bullcap, enough for her to not see his face.

 

 

"Tao! You're 1 minute late," She heard Teacher Kang exclaimed before the door finally shut close. She shrugged her shoulders and decided to head home, completely forgetting her curiosity with Teacher Kang's words and the guy who bumped into her.


 

 

It was finally the day that Yejin had been waiting for: the day of the battle. She took a deep breath and roamed her eyes around the venue. She didn't know the face of her opponent yet. But as to what she heard, he is a guy. She's not good at memorizing names, so it didn't surprise her that she didn't know who he was.

 

 

She still have 15 minutes before her fight starts. There were still people battling inside, and she didn't wantto watch them. She decided to walk around to ease the tension she was feeling. Though she was confident with her skills, she couldn't help it. This is a major battle, and she didn't want to fail everyone's expectations. She was too busy with staring at the hall's designs when she bumped into someone.

 

 

"Aww. Sorry," she said. She looked at the person's face and saw the most handsome face she had ever seen. widened a bit.

 

 

"Oh. It's you again," he said. Yejin shot him a questioning look. Again? He knew her? "I've always seen you around and we just bumped into each other yesterday." He said as if he read her mind. 

 

 

Yejin tried to recall what happened yesterday. "Oh. The guy with the pink backpack... My name is Yejin." The guy smiled. 

 

 

"Yeah. My name is--"

 

 

"Tao." She cut what he was trying to say. Tao looked surprised, and so was she. She's not good at remembering names, so how come automatically said that? "I-I overheard Teacher Kang call you that yesterday." She said in a defensive tone. "Anyway, what were you doing there yesterday?" He smiled, like there's something he knew that she didn't. 

 

 

"Yejin! Tao! What are you still doing? Hurry up to the battling room, it's your turn." A woman called, interrupting their conversation.

 

 

Yejin's eyes widened. She turned to Tao. "You're my opponent?!"

 

 

Tao didn't look as surprised as she was. "I guess so... She called us both," he simply said. She stared at his eyes and felt the loud and fast beating of her heart. It seemed like it wanted to jump out from her rib cage.

 

 

Oh, crap... She froze. So what if he was her opponent? Was she scared? But what was it to be scared about? And why was her heart acting that way?

 

 

"Come," Tao interrupted her thoughts and grabbed her hand. She felt electric bolts slowly running through her skin. When they met a while ago, she thought Tao was just one of the contestants. She didn't expect that he would be her opponent.

 

 

Now, coming face to face and giving respects to each other before the battle starts, she seemed too distracted. She can't keep her eyes off Tao's face, aside from eyeing him and to dodge his attacks, of course. There's something in her that Tao arose, and she couldn't point out what that was.


 

 

 

 

The match ended, and Yejin let out a satisfied smile. She shook Tao's hand and gave him a smile.

 

 

"Congratulations," she simply said.

 

 

"Thanks. You're a tough opponent, though." he answered, showing off his pearly whites.

 

 

Tao won the match, but Yejin had no hard feelings about it. He deserved it. Her skills were better compared to her. 

 

 

"Congratulations, Tao. And Yejin, you did a good job." Teacher Kang said as he put his arms around our shoulders. "I still can't believe that I taught the both of you and you got those skills from me. Wah, you both can replace me already!"

 

 

Yejin's eyes furrowed. Taught the both of you? She looked at Tao's face but saw no expression there. She then looked at Teacher Kang who seemed to have read what was bugging her mind. He let go his arms from the two.

 

 

"You're both my students." Teacher Kang started. "Since Yejin wants to practice alone, and Tao as well, I gave you different schedules. I'm a genius, right?" Then Teacher Kang laughed, but both of them remained quiet. 

 

 

"I know," Tao said, making Yejin look into him. "Since yesterday." he added. Yejin let out an "Oh.."

 

 

Teacher Kang coughed to grab their attention. They both looked at him. "Since you already know each other... Do you want to practice together? You know, get to know each other..." He teasingly said, sensing that the two has something though they just met. Both blushed and shyly nodded.


 

 

 

"Yah! Why didn't you dodge?! You already saw that I was going to attack, right?" Yejin angrily said while gently rubbing Tao's chest where she hit him. Tao smiled and that made Yejin fume in anger more.

 

 

They had been practicing together for 3 weeks now, and they could tell that they had already gotten closer, close enough to start a "war".

 

 

"What's funny? You want me to hit you again?" 

 

 

"Sure..."

 

 

"What?!" She exclaimed, eyes widened. What's happening to this guy? "Did you hit your head? You're not your usual self."

 

 

"Hmm.. Someone made me like this," He answered as he slumped his body on the floor and sat. "She made me lose my mind just by simply looking at her face." He continued.

 

 

Lucky girl, She felt sadness enveloped her heart. Aish, what's this sadness for?! It's not like he's my boyfriend. She went near the window and stared at the birds chirping on a tree nearby. She felt Yao come closer with her. She turned around to face him and saw that his eyebrows were furrowed. "Uhm.. Why?" 

 

 

"You won't ask who I was referring to?"

 

 

She gave a fake laugh to hide her true feelings. Tao, I didn't know you could be this cruel. Just thinking about it already gives me pain, you even want me to ask you who she is? She turned her gaze back to the birds, who were now flying away upon hearing their voices. "It's not like it's my business to know, you know..."

 

 

She heard Tao sigh and she was taken aback when she grabbed her arm with a little force. She also got a little scared upon seeing his face. He looked mad, but was just controlling himself. "W-why?"

 

 

Tao sighed and closed his eyes tightly, then opening them again. "It's you."

 

 

She blinked her eyes for several times, wondering if what he was talking about. "Me what?"

 

 

"I like you."

 

 

She froze in her place. She hadn't had the chance to even think about it when suddenly, Tao held her chin and raised her face to kiss her lips. His kiss was gentle and with full of respect, loke she was a precious gem to be treated that way. She felt her eyes moisten, and after a few seconds, tears were streaming down her face. Tao felt it and immediately pulled himself off, worried.

 

 

"I.. I'm sorry for kissing you without permission... Please don't cry..." He apologized as he wiped her tears with the back of his hands.

 

 

Yejin smiled and cupped Tao's hands, holding them tightly. "Babo, I'm just happy. I like you, too..." Tao's face lighten up, and he was about to kiss her again when the door open. They unconsciously distanced themselves from one another when they saw who it was.

 

 

"Oh, kids, don't mind me here. I just need to get something," He said while looking for something in a hanging cabinet. Yejin blushed. "Continue your kiss. I didn't hear and see anything." He teasingly said as he went out of the door, leaving them a teasing smile.

 

 

When Teacher Kang was finally gone, Yejin couldn't help but to feel embarrassed. "Your face looks like a tomato," Tao teased. She gave him a hard hit on the chest. As a revenge, Tao gave her a deep kiss after he recovered from the pain.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

END.


hyunoopy, sorry for the long wait^^

 

A/N: I was writing this while listening to Wouldn't Change A Thing (Demi Lovato & Joe Jonas) repeatedly.

Haha, I feel so inspired without a reason XD

Also, I want to apologize for not updating yesterday.

I wasn't on the mood to write, so yeah.. :)

I'm gonna post the next oneshot with Chen in a little while...