Keep Trying

Parade [Oneshot Collection]

 

Keep Trying

1st Try

“Would you please go out with me?”

She stood, eyes widened and mouth agape. Silence was all he got. He stood for a good two minutes shifting rather uncomfortably at her silence. He hadn’t really planned out how this confession would go, other than her squealing in happiness and hugging him while saying “Yes!” in his mind.

“No.” She replied rather nonchalantly.

What? Obviously imagination would not work for reality.

“Why not?” He inquired, extremely surprised at the blunt rejection.

She frowned in slight irritation.

“Siwon-Oppa, Jokes can only go on so far. I’m a girl too you know, so I’d rather not get involved with childish pranks like this.”

A prank?

She thought this was a prank? After spending hours practicing his confession with a damned mirror with her picture pasted on it and furious members telling him to get the hell out of the restroom, thinking of the most perfect situations to do the confession, and even bothering to wear his nicest clothes with freshly bought roses. He was rejected because she thought this was a prank?

 “A-Amber, I promise you it’s not a prank at all.” He choked slightly, still a bit stunned. But that only made her frown even more and Siwon suddenly realized he should’ve been more firm about it, instead of sounding guilty by choking.

“Oppa. If you aren’t go to admit to the prank then fine, don’t. But at least try to act like you weren’t actually joking.” She huffed and left the older male alone and confused within the quiet studio.

“But…I wasn’t joking at all…” He mumbled staring at the door the f(x) tomboy slammed with a bit too much force.

“…I really am in love with you.”

He really is.

2nd Try

He couldn’t give up.

He was Choi Siwon, practically the epitome of Prince Charming- Good looks and a great personality. He couldn’t leave the love of his life with the impression that he was just another jerk that liked to play with females’ hearts.

“Amber-ah!” He called out from across the hallway.

He had been waiting at f(x)’s training room for more than an hour, waiting for her to show up. She looked up from the magazine she was holding and acknowledged his presence. He knew that she wouldn’t actually talk to him, but that was why he was here. What he hadn’t planned on was having the rest of the f(x) babies to run up to him and jump up and down like little kids. They took hold of his arms and dragged him away from the training room to show him something unique they had found.

“Amber? Are you coming?” Krystal called out, realizing that her best friend had not moved from her original position.

Amber shook her head and told them she had something to do, much to Siwon’s disappointment.

He knew that she was definitely trying to avoid him.

His protests were drowned by the girls loud chattering and squealing over what they had found. Although he had the strength to push them away, it would be rude and mean to do to the girls- As they were just excited and innocent over their interesting discovery.

He couldn’t get mad over that.

Turns out what they wanted to show him was a litter of puppies that had just been born. A staff member brought them to the building in hopes of someone adopting the ones she couldn’t keep. He smiled at the f(x) members that were drowning themselves into the cuteness of the colorful array of puppies.

“Oppa,” Luna tugged on his sleeve and pointed to a shaggy haired pup in the corner of the playpen. “Doesn’t that puppy look like Amber?”

Sulli giggled. “She does! They have the same dorky facial expression. Kinda like a Llama.” The other members howled in laughter and Siwon himself couldn’t help but chuckle over the strange resemblance.  The Amber-lookalike trotted happily towards the cheerful laughter and barked cutely at them.

Siwon held it up and smiled gently. The pup was small, with huge brown twinkling eyes, and dark shaggy hair that mostly piled on the top of his head. Its eyes were full of innocence and sweet curiosity, its tail wagging in happiness over the stranger that was holding her.

Kinda like Amber.

Siwon bit his lip and hugged the puppy close to him. He couldn’t give up.

Not when his heart and mind were full of Amber.

He just had to keep trying.

3rd Try

Does she hate roses?”

She thinks they're cheesy and cliched...why?

“Oh shisus, no wonder she rejected me. What sports does she like?”

"Pretty sure that wasn't the only reason. And Basketball. But you at basketball."

“Darn. What’s her favorite food?”

"Everything that’s edible."

“Specifics? Whatever, Does she prefer a man that’s mysterious or bright?"

"Huh?"

“What does she find most y about a man?”

The parade of questions was becoming unbearable. Victoria was soon about to snap and beat her Sunbae with her exceptionally strong legs (Dance school had done more than just making them flexible and toned). But she refrained from doing so over feeling pity of the man.  Siwon woke her up early in the morning begging her to help him. He told Victoria about everything. How he came to love Amber, how he spent a wonderful amount of time practicing his confession with cut-outs and posters, and how she rejected him because she thought it was a joke.

“She doesn’t like any of the males here, right?”

It was an extremely pitiful story that even though she was usually a monster when she was woken form her beauty sleep, she agreed to meet up and help the poor man.

“Does she like women instead?”

Oh dear god.

“OPPA. SHUT UP.”

Siwon closed his mouth and stared at the f(x) leader with hurt. Ever since the rejection, he had been much more emotional, she noted grimly.

“Are your feelings for Amber real?”

 “Of course!” He replied with violent nod.

Victoria knew why Amber had rejected Siwon. The tomboy was scared that it was just another joke. She had been confessed to many times in the past by other idols, each time thinking that they were joking and trying to play with her feelings. From what Jackie had told Victoria, Amber had been confessed to by the guy she liked in high school, only to horribly humiliated when he told her it was a joke. Ever since then, the f(x) tomboy has had a hard time trusting anybody.

“Try Oppa, just try. It you keep trying, she’ll know you’re telling the truth.” Victoria said, swirling the contents of her iced coffee.

Siwon looked up and nodded, waiting for the leader to continue.

“She might not say yes once she realizes that your feelings are genuine, but she’ll be happy to know that you’re being sincere about them. Knowing that there is someone out there who accepts her and loves her for who she is, would mean the world to her. ”

“Victoria. I won’t give up, I promise you. But…I can’t settle for another rejectin from her.” He replied.

Victoria raised a brow and frowned at the older male. Why couldn’t he realize that being stubborn wouldn’t do anything? If he tried anything on her baby and made her come crying to Umma, Choi Siwon was a dead man.

Oppa!“ She hissed quite dangerously “You can’t just force her to-“

“I need her to be by my side.” He interrupted with a firm tone, eyes shimmering with so much love and warmth that caught the f(x) leader off guard.

Victoria blinked, a gentle smile spreading across her face. It was an unexpected answer, but an answer that she approved of nonetheless.

"Alright. Go get her. Keep trying."

4th try

Amber blinked, then snorted at the sad man in front of her door.

“Just what exactly are you doing?”

'Go get her' she said.

And so he did. Not exactly the way had planned earlier though.

He looked up slightly from his fetal position and stared into the beautiful, but cold eyes of the woman he loved so very much. Although he had been given encouragement from Victoria, his confidence cracked a little every time he saw Amber so happy with other males. Her bright, smiling face made him rethink his confession.

What right did he have to push himself into her life?

What if he just made everything worse?

“...Embeo-yah” He mumbled.

The petite female in front of him frowned, taking in the sight of his red, swollen eyes, and his slur, indicating that he had been drinking and somehow ended up in front of her dorm.

She bit her lip and sighed, realizing that this would not be stopped until they actually spoke properly to each other.

“Oppa, Would you like to go inside and have a talk?” She spoke gently.

His eyes widened in surprise and he nodded slowly, unsure if this was real. Amber grabbed his hand and pulled him up into the living room, the dorm thankfully not filled with any of her members. It was messy and full of stuffed animals and female clothing thrown about.

Then he realized something.

It was real.

He was actually with Amber, alone in her dorm, sitting on her couch, with her watching him from the couch on the other side. She had seen him lying in front of her door. She had seen his drunken, pathetic state.

“Oh shisus...A-Amber....I-I'm so sorry!” He sputtered, face redder than before. She raised a brow and opened to speak, but Siwon continued, apologies rapidly coming out.

“I'm sorry that I was such a burden, I didn't want to be but I was. I'm sorry that I bought the wrong flowers, I thought roses would suit you. Because they're beautiful and you're beautiful and I thought you liked them, but Victoria said you didn't like them cause the were cheesy and cliched. Oh god, how stupid can I be-”

“Yes, but-”

“I'm sorry that you saw my pathetic state, I mean, I don't even know HOW I got in front of your door. I must of looked like a homeless saesang or something while lying on the floor. Jeez, that must have been terrifying. And I don't think I drank, unless Heechul-hyung gave me spiked fruit punch, because now I'm starting to believe he did-”

“Wait-”

“And, I mean, I just didn't want you to believe what I said wasn't true, b-because it completely was!”

“Siwon-”

“I truly love you!” He spoke firmly, determined eyes looking into the woman in front of him. Her eyes were wide, surprised at such a powerful confession.

Although he had been determined at his second confession, her silence and her emotionless eyes began to make him crumble once again. Oh shisus, he messed up didn't he? He knew it was stupid to try but oh why, oh why, did he try again. He shut his eyes, expecting a cold or harsh reply at his rash confession, but nothing seemed to happen for a couple of minutes.

“Thank you Oppa.”

Wait. What?

He opened his eyes and saw the warm, toothy smile of the woman he loved.

She lowered eyes in guilt and shuffled a bit uncomfortably.

“I'm sorry for being so cruel to you these pass few days. The way I acted was unnecessary. I do think roses are cheesy and cliched, but I do love the meaning of of them as well. I thought you were a killer to be exact, but then I saw the bag you always wear right beside you. I was seriously considering calling the cops though, you shouldn't hang around like that in front of peoples homes, that’s terrifying for you and the person themselves.”

She became silent once more, unsure how to put words out again.

“Thank you, again Oppa. For having such sincere feelings for me. I was just afraid. Of it being a fake confession or a true confession, I'm not sure. But I was scared and I wasn't sure how to react, so I just used an excuse of it being a prank.”

“Amber...” He said gently and tiredly, knowing she was ready to put an end to the drama.

“But, I don't think I'm ready for a relationship Oppa. It's just not something I'm built to handle just yet. Please understand.”

She waited for a reply, but nothing came, so she looked up and frowned in irritation, all guilt removed from her conscience. She left the sleeping male to the couch and went to get some painkillers and water for when he woke.

“Really...This troublesome, stubborn man.” She huffed, setting the supplies down on the table. Sitting beside his sleeping figure, she closed her eyes and sighed.

How was she going to explain how Choi Siwon of SUJU was asleep on f(x)'s couch with only Amber Liu in the room with him to her band mates?

“So troublesome.”

5th Try

Tapping her fingers to an original beat, a sudden yawn came, eyes becoming slightly watery.

“Ugh. So tired.” she complained to her band mates who, like herself, were tired and ready to get back to sleep.

It was a busy day for the SM staff, who had been rushing all throughout the morning to get schedules in order and idols ready for the press conference. All the SM idols had gathered within the main lobby awaiting the call to go, but for some reason the press conference had been pushed back another two hours from now. Sadly, no one was really allowed to go out for anything withing those two hours.

Stretching her stiff body, Amber stood up to get out of the stuffy and crowded lobby.

“Where are you going?” Victoria questioned irritably.

“Just to get some fresh air, I'll be back, don't worry Umma.” Amber said, waving her arms in a carefree motion.

“You better come back soon Unnie, you never know when they'll need us.” Sulli scolded cutely.

Nodding her head, Amber quietly slipped through the crowd of people and out into an empty hallway. She smiled, glad to be out of such a stuffy area, and looked around for the way to the back of the building.

“Amber?”

She stiffened and turned around slowly, excuses coming through her head for the reason why she was out of the lobby. Oh, wait, nevermind, It was just Siwon. But she know she would probably get a scolding regardless.

“What are you doing?” He questioned with a raised brow.

“Oh ahaha, Siwon-Oppa, Hey, Uh, I'm just looking around ya know?” She laughed a bit nervously.

He smirked, knowing she just wanted to get out of the building and away from work. Not that he didn't want to leave the area either.

“It's fine, I know, everyone wants to get out, only we had the guts to actually try.” He replied.

“Oh, you too? Sweet! Want to go out and get some coffee for the time being then?” Amber asked, happy that he too, tried to escape such a boring fate.

Siwon blinked, surprised at the invitation and smiled gently at the cute tomboy. Although it had been a week since their last interaction and his second confession/rejection, he was glad to know that she was still the same friendly girl he loved so very much.

“Yes, I would love to go out with you Amber.”

She smiled a toothy grin before flushing a bright pink at realizing what he had said. She scowled at his smug reply, but continued to the back of the building with him right beside her.

“You know what I meant!”

“Yes, of course. You wanted me to go out with you to get some coffee. It's a bit sudden, but it's still an original way of confessing” He grinned.

“What? No!...You..you, argh-!” She spoke, baffled, but then shook her head, knowing that it was useless replying to him.

“Why are we going this way? The entrance is this way, what are you doing?”

“Oppa, just shut up.” She growled, taking his hand and forcing him to walk faster as to not waste anymore time and get out of the stupid building.

"Really...You're so...so troublesome." She complained, face still red.

Choi Siwon shut his mouth with all the questions and cheeky statements he had for the younger female leaving his mind. The only thing left, however, was the fact they were holding hands.

The fact that she had been the one to hold his first.

The fact that they were warm and small and feminine.

And the fact that they fit perfectly together.

 


 

Oh hey, How's it going? After like a year, I've finally completed this oneshot. I seriously started on it for a day and completely forgot how to write. Everything just started scoming out gross and wrong and I couldn't finish anything. I wish I had the determinaton and drive like some people do.

Oh well, The way I write seemed to have changed quite a bit and I'm a bit sad that it might not come together well, but I hope you enjoy. Thank you for subscribing and commenting and just taking your time to read my work. Thank you.

-Rhiean

P.S. Omg, do you ever have a word that just doesn't look right all of a sudden and you're like 'No...No...That can't be right' with squinty eyes and complete doubt? But when you go to look it up, It's still spelt the way you spelt it and its just 'No...It's wrong.'

Whatever, The word 'keep' and the word 'special' just look so weird in my eyes if I ever think about them.