Perfection

Parade [Oneshot Collection]

 

Perfection

 

There are times when Amber can’t help but despise Krystal.

She’s smart, funny, pretty, and blessed with a beautiful body. She’s the perfect, successful little girl whom everybody loves. She could get anybody she wanted. So why was the maknae in love with her? Of all the people she could get, why would she waste her love on this plain tomboy?

It angers her to even think about it.

-

“I love you Amber.” Krystal says one day, giving a soft kiss to the sleeping tomboy. She slips into the space next to the tomboy and cuddles into her warmth, hoping that one day, she would be able to truly express her feelings to the one she loves.

Amber breathes in slowly, trying to control her quickened heart rate. Her mind is confused and jumbled at the sudden confession.

What type of love did Krystal mean? Why did she kiss her?

-

She wonders if it’s a joke. She’s caught Krystal repeating those things every time she was close to sleeping at night. How could anybody love her?

She was below average, she wasn’t beautiful, and she wasn’t perfect. She wasn’t Krystal.

So when Krystal finally confesses to her with a beautiful blush and warm eyes, she freaks.

-

 “I love you Amber.” Krystal says. She’s glowing. Glowing like every girl with the courage to confess should glow. And Amber hates her for that. Amber doesn’t know why, but something inside of her breaks, her normally calm, easy-going attitude has changed to something she, herself, finds disgusting. Within minutes the room is a mess and neither of them understand how it got like that.

“Why!?” Amber rages, throwing, tearing, breaking anything that she could find, anything that Krystal had given to her, away from her.

The younger girl is on the floor, hot tears flowing down her beautiful face. She’s crying, begging Amber to stop, wondering what has happened to lead to the destruction of their items, their room, and their relationship.

“WHY?!” Amber repeats, louder, and angrier than before.

“BECAUSE YOU’RE PERFECT!” Krystal screams, holding her face into her hands, sobbing not at the destroyed room, no, but at the fact that Amber is staring at her with pure hatred.

What?  Her, Amber Liu, the tomboy of f(x), perfect? She gives a bitter, dark laugh and stomps out of the dorm room, leaving the maknae alone to deal with the mess herself.

-

It’s been weeks since they’ve last talked to one another. Due to the increasing work for her drama and photoshoots, she hasn’t seen much of her bandmates. Walking into the practice room full of SM Artists, Krystal stares at Amber, only to wince at her cold, dark eyes. They used to be so warm and inviting, eyes that she could turn to for comfort. But, somehow, someway, she had ruined those eyes. Amber turns away to talk to Sulli and Krystal’s heart clenches.

It’s late at night. The rest of the group has gone to sleep, but not the tomboy nor the maknae. They have too much in their minds. Krystal walks out of her room to see Amber sitting on the old brown couch. Biting her lips, they bleed and bleed until she wipes the blood on the sleeve of her yellow sweater. The same yellow sweater Amber had given her during her trainee days. The sweater she cherishes just as much as Amber herself.

Krystal quietly walks in front Amber, causing the second eldest to raise her head with disinterest. She raises a brow when she notices the maknaes overly red lips and red stained sleeve.

“You’re bleeding Krystal.”

“Mhm.”  Krystal nods and climbs into Amber’s lap, burying her face into the crook of the tomboy’s neck. She revels in the familiar scent and warmth of the one she loves and sighs in content.

“You’re getting blood on me Krystal.”

“You’re perfect Amber. To me you’re the most perfect being in the universe.”  Tears began to form, but Krystal continued, voice cracking horribly, “I love you. I honestly love you for everything that you are.”

Amber sighed and hugged the smaller girl.

“I was wrong. I’m sorry for everything I’ve done.”

But Krystal didn’t reply. She was exhausted. Tired from all the work, tired of fighting, and tired of crying. She just needed to rest and forget. And hopefully the next day would be better.

Amber sighs and takes the maknae back into the room. Laying her on the bed, she gives a quick kiss to the forehead and apologizes once more. “I love you Krystal, I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay Amber...” Krystal murmurs and cuddles into the warmth of the older female.

Holding one another, they both fell into a deep sleep.

Things would be better now. 

They were sure of it.

-

Uh. Yeah. This one was pretty crappy, but whatever. Might delete due to the amount of failed angst in this.