001

Can You Feel My Heartbeat?

One can enjoy a lot of freedom by living alone. Being free from all bond of life is considered priceless. Living alone could give you freedom, joy, and zero restrictions. One can make one’s own decision without any burden from the others. Moreover, sometimes you can understand many things in life only by living alone. Although being alone may bring suffering from many things, sometimes it is best for us as we can have our life to live as we want. Nevertheless, the freedom of a man living is limited in several ways. Those things are limited. Same like me now. I’m limited.

~~~

This was the third time the guy who named Sehun moved from his old apartment to new apartment. He felt so confuse because he was a stranger there. Yes, he’s a Korean and he lives in Chine now for some reason. He felt that his life was really difficult as a foreigner. And being very short of money and wanting to something useful made him wanted to change his life.

 

The weather was not friendly, the sky was gray and this was the gray day. The rain came early this year. Sehun turned to take one last look at his old apartment. The apartment which made him comfort for four weeks and saved from the heat and the cold.

 

“Moving…moving again. What’s a life?” said Sehun smoothly without anyone knew about his complaint. He began to walk away from his old apartment toward the road with his raincoat. Luckily, the location of his new apartment was not far from his old apartment. So, he could walk there with his goods.

 

After ten minutes he walked toward his apartment, he could feel the warm side on that apartment. Not like his old one, cold and scary. He opened the door slowly and felt something different inside. He began to walk toward the living room. There was a grand piano there. He touched the piano, there was so many dust and the thing made him confused was the piano keys was red not white as usual.

 

“Why the previous owner didn’t bring this piano back home?” said him almost like whispering something.

 

“Do you like this apartment, young man?” asked someone behind him. And that made him surprise. He took a change to look at the voice owner. He thought that a ghost or the previous owner of the apartment but…

 

“Oh! Mr. Jung, you scared me. By the way, I like it but why the piano here?” asked him to Mr. Jung. He was a keeper in this apartment.

 

“I don’t know for sure. He never came here to retrieve his belongings back.” Said Mr. Jung walked toward the big window near the grand piano.

 

“Could I wear it?” asked him politely.

 

“Of course, just think of your own home.” replied him flatly.

 

“Thank you Mr. Jung!” said Sehun degraded his bag from his back.

 

“I hope you enjoy your life here. Don’t make any trouble, young man!” said him as the same time went to out from that apartment. Sehun sat on the piano bench and took his finger on the keys. He pressed the key in do re mi and sang the song. But something happened suddenly. He felt gasp in his shoulder. He felt shivers.

 

“What was that?” said Sehun touched his shoulder.

 

Suddenly, he heard a voice inside the kitchen. Sehun stood up from his bench walking toward the kitchen. He stared the kitchen with his serious face but nothing happened there. Then, he heard the voice again in the living room. Sehun feel so confused and little scared about what happened a few minutes ago. He walked toward the living room and saw a boy who sat on the piano bench. He played the piano calmly with Twinkle Little Star song not knowing Sehun saw him.

 

“Who are you?” asked him angrily because the boy entered his place without his permission and played ‘his piano’. Sehun walked toward the boy who do not listen his words.

 

“Who are you?” asked him again. The boy stopped his activity and gave a glance to Sehun. “Who are you?” asked him back to Sehun. Sehun felt upset and cheated by that boy but the boy answered first.

 

“This is my place!” the boy replied without look at his face.

 

“This was your place but this is my place now.” said Sehun snapped at him.

 

“No. this is my place? And who are you then?” asked the boy while standing in front of him. “I live here”

 

“I live here too. Wait! What’s your name?” asked Sehun made himself to be calm. The boy just stared Sehun with his confused face. “My name?” asked him.

 

“Yes, your name! What’s your name?”

 

“I don’t know!”

 

“Mwo? You don’t know your name?”

 

The boy nodded his head. He started to panic and crumpled up his hair crudely. Sehun became panic too, he calmed him down. “Ya! What’s wrong with you?” asked Sehun confused. “My name, who am I?” murmured that boy. Sehun tried to hold him down but something happened to that boy. He become fade and transparent like a soul or a spirit or a ghost. He wasn’t like a human being but like a ghost.

 

“I don’t know my name!”

 

“What the hell are you? I can’t hold you” asked Sehun with panic tone. He wanted to run away from this apartment but he couldn’t do that. Like something odd dazed in his heart. His heart begged to him for not leave this pity boy. He tried to do something for this boy. But he had no clue to make him remember about his name. But something made him interested. Looking at it long and take it from the floor. A bracelet, with a name engraved beautifully there. The name is Luhan.

 

“I know your name, can you calm yourself now?” Sehun said gently and took the boy to a sofa near the grand piano. The boy who named Luhan nodded quietly and obeyed Sehun’s order. He sat there, still holding his head who may feel sore. Sehun sat facing him. “Your name is Luhan. Remember?” he said while holding Luhan’s shoulder.

 

“Luhan?” he said with a little haltingly tried to remember the name that seemed familiar to him. He repeated the name with a funny expression he has. That funny face made Sehun felt strange in his heart. Feeling of what it was he didn’t know for sure. Sehun continued to pay attention to Luhan who acted like a child. One the other side he felt the sadness and on the other side he felt a feeling that still is not sure what it is. He felt compelled to help Luhan to find his body and rest in peace.

 

He knew that Luhan is a lost soul who is expecting a help from him. The only people who could see and feel his presence. Only Sehun could feel him.

 

“Oh… I almost forget to introduce myself to you. I’m Oh Sehun. You can call me Sehun. From now on I’ll help you and be your friend. Friends!” said Sehun held out his hand towards Luhan. Luhan looked at him confused but he grabbed his hand. He forgot one thing that he couldn’t touch Luhan because he is not real. But Luhan could touch him if he wanted. The touch of their hands this time was real because Luhan wanted it happened.

 

“Thank you for accepting me. Although I’m a soul but I’ll try to make you comfort here. I’ll try to remember everything. We’re friends now!”

 

“But why I could touch you?”

 

“That’s because I wanted to!”

 

***

I'm sorry. I think it's short. next time I will make the longer one...hehehe
sorry for the grammar mistake coz English isn't my original language...
enjoyyyyy,,,,,^^^^