Target 26 [Part 3]

Audition

 



Dara's P.O.V

"What's happening that I don't know?" YG asked, occupying the chair countering to both Jiyong and me.

"Actually, it's we, YG Appa." Teddy corrected but YG just shrugged him off with an irk response, rolling his eyes and intertwining his fingers, as he rest his chin on the back of his palm, tilting his head  towards us.
 

"Now, who's going to talk?" YG demanded, his voice was strong and stern as if talking to a noisy class. I looked at Jiyong, then he looked at Bom, but then when I thought that she was going to finally speak, she hesitantly looked at me. Rather speaking for the safety of ourselves, I looked back at sangjanim and gulped.

Teddy sighed, exasperatedly, walked over to the couch placed against the right wall and sat, plopping his body loudly on it. He rests his head on the backrest, and calmly announces, "Speak or Fired." without any consent from sangjanim.

But instead of getting angry or contradicting Teddy, because surely he will lose two great performers when none of us speak up, sangjanim raised a brow as if telling us to speak up or he'll fire both Boom and Jiyong. "Well? Any strong yet afraid souls?"

Bom grunted, obviously irritated by their sudden decision and said,”Fine. I'll talk, but only the half."

Jiyong slid his hand into the gap between us, where my hand was hanging, and gripped my hand tightly. "I'll tell the other half."

Sangjanim turned his head to me, his eyes asking me what my contribution will be, but before I state my side, Bom had beaten me to it.

"No, don't let Dara speak. She's the victim of all of these things, and her point of view would make things harder for you to cope." Bom said, and understandingly, sangjanim nodded.

After a sharp intake of breath, Bom began her story. She started with the day we met at Gangnam-gu, and ate at a dark corner, talking about our lives and oath to find each other's lover. Then, she told him about the day she auditioned here in YGE, my accidental meeting with Youngbae, our deal with having a fake relationship and then, our break-up.

After her, it was Jiyong's turn to speak. He talked like himself, but with much more confidence than Bom a while ago. He told him the day I auditioned in his music video out of my depression, the two times he caught me with other guys--which he admitted he got jealous of, but then I don't see the point of that story to the problem at hand--the friendly soccer game, the incident involving Mina and the scar by my hip, and his proposal that involved a lot of civilians.

I thought sangjanim was going to be angry, but then, the thought instantaneously subsided when he kept nodding all the way. He had a ghost of a smile tugging the side of his lips, and I felt confident that these two persons won't get fired.

After Jiyong told the story, sangjanim heartily chuckled. "Ah, good thing Jiyong got a non-celebrity girlfriend this time. I think I'm going to die from stress if Dara became a YG family member."

I blushed, which I don't know the reason why, and answered, "Thank you."

"Well," Teddy massaged his temple with his eyes closed and after a few beats he opened them, his fingers stopping from massaging. "I think it’s a good move of Dara to not sign the contract, which is naturally intended to be her plan to forget Jiyong, but ended up quite not what she expected."

He stood up and went behind sangjanim's chair. "But still, you three plus Top and Taeyang, did a good job on this and had let Dara know the true side of life, which I failed in doing so."

I gave him a sly smile.

"Though the true problem would be the time when the media will know about this thing. I doubt this thing won't slip their greasy, greedy hands, and the thought makes me ill." He continued, and made a 'sick' face. "And all I want GD to know that I don't want Dara's private life be invaded by your publicity, and for her life to be wrecked, yet again, by a thousand if haters."

When Teddy pointed at Jiyong, as if on cue, the ground before us shook. Out of panic, Teddy tossed me his shades, which came from God- knows-where and without further hesitation, I put it on. Jiyong let my hand go for a while to take off his jacket and put it around me.

"Just in case." He whispered, and kissed my cheek before I nodded.

In just a blink of an eye, the door suddenly burst open, creating a loud BAM! sound that resonated all around the office. The flashing  lights almost blinded me if it wasn't for Teddy's shades, and when I look up to see if Jiyong's eyes were also covered, since he's hugging  me and all, I found out he didn't have any shades. Maybe he's used to all these flashing.

Bom managed to cover her face also with a scarf, and a pair of goggles, which made her look like a retarded construction worker. I looked back to the media, and they were producing only one question:  
"Is it true G-Dragon that you already have a girlfriend again?"

One looked at me, pointed at me, and they all started to take pictures of me. I was glad that I have these gigantic shades and Jiyong's jacket, because it weren't for these, I would've been known.

I gripped Jiyong's hand tightly, and out of panic, he looked at Teddy for help. Without seeing, I know he's quickly cracking up his mind for a plan.

"Okay people, any of you who knows how to knock?" He said, and surely, the attention was all his, including ours. Then, he quickly mouthed,”Crap".

He raised both of his hands. "People, let us give respect to the old man using this office, please." He paused, and with much more authority, continued, "And because you didn't comply with the rules of this entertainment agency to properly ask for an appointment, I have-- I mean, we have the right to call the police and file a case against all of you."

The media turned quiet, as well as the flashing stopped. Teddy immediately continued, "Please, transfer immediately to the main lobby for a proper press conference. I have our guards waiting for you there, but please, delete this young girl's photos first. If you don't delete, I'll file a case against all of you. It's an all for one and one for all. I'll have the staff check your gadgets."

The media grunted, but then, quickly followed his instructions and left the room in one single pile. After the door slam shut, we took a deep breathe in unison.

I stood up, letting go of Jiyong's hand and hugged Bom, tightly. "I need comfort. Comfort. Comfort." Bom patted my back and I sighed.  "Yes, that's what I need."

"Who the $#%* called the $#%*€¥£ media?!" Teddy shouted, slamming his hands on the table, and I was shocked to see that sangjanim didn't react to that.

Jiyong stood up from his seat. "Someone called them. Someone who knows  YG sangjanim will talk to us."

"That couldn't be me." Teddy paused. "And Kush. He doesn't know my schedules for the day."

"Maybe some sort of an insider." Bom suggested, and I broke our hug, moving beside her to let sangjanim see her face.

"Or someone who has a grudge on us and had installed a CCTV inside this building." I suggested also. Jiyong sneaks his hand to mine again, and holds it firmly.

"Well, we've been doing this for years. Teddy, we know what to do."  Sangjanim stood up and grabbed his leather jacket on his chair.

"But we can't reveal Dara's identity!" Teddy protested. "She already had experienced discrimination once eight months ago! It wasn't just a simple discrimination, because she would run and cry every day in my office asking for an advice about Taeyang's fans. It wasn't easy! She had to endure it for two months! Do you know how does that feel? Huh?  Do you?" Teddy shouted, pointing at sangjanim. "And it's much harder now. How would the fans react if they'll know the girl who had their Taeyang Oppa eight months ago is the same girl who got their GD Oppa  now?!"

Sangjanim sighed. "So, you're telling me it's right not to reveal her identity and past?"

Teddy nodded.

"But that would mean discrimination too, Teddy." Teddy frowned, hanging his head low and sangjanim quickly thought of a plan, his forehead creasing.

"Okay, here's the plan." Teddy's head quickly perked up. "We'll talk with the media now. Dara, try to stop yourself from joining or engaging club activities about GD that would help the both of you. But if you saw rumors about GD on television, just talk to me directly."

I nodded.

"We should go. They'll be suspecting us if we don't show up early."  Sangjanim said. "GD, you come along with us."

Jiyong made me turn towards him. "It's going to be for a moment." He said and kissed my forehead. "I'll fix this."

I smiled and nodded. "You will."

He pulled me into a quick embrace before following sangjanim and Teddy towards outside. As soon as he's out, Bom grunted.

"You're right, Dara." She mumbled, hunching her back.

"What do you mean by I am right?" I asked, turning my head towards her.

"There's only one person who'll have a strong grudge against Jiyong and you." She said, her eyebrows stitching.

"Who?"

Bom paused for a moment. "Your future husband."

"Huh?! He's at Busan! He couldn't have done this that tad fast!" I protested.

"But he's your former suitor, Dara. He couldn't have been in Busan today." Bom rolled her eyes, now turning her head on me.

"And why?!" I crossed my arms.

She face-palmed. "Because all of your suitors are celebrities. He couldn’t have been in Busan by this time of the day. It's a weekday!"

My mouth formed into a shape of an 'o'.

"Now, let's start a new mission." Bom's eyes glinted, and she turned her attention to the front door. "Operation: Find Future Husband."

"Wait! What?! Bom!" I protested, but it's no use because she had dragged me away towards to God-knows-where.


Meanwhile...

I smiled in triumph as soon as the news started to air, amidst of the scattered cans of beer, pieces of paper sprawled and foul smell around him. Like I always knew, that G-Dragon will have the prime time slot in the news program given that he's one of the prominent celebrities in Korea. The cameras continue to flash against G-Dragon, Yangoon and Teddy's faces.

I immediately frown after I scanned the long table. My plan failed, because Dara wasn't with G-Dragon in front of those cameras--not even a sight or picture of her flashing on the screen. My efforts calling those media people and my effort buying that stock of popcorn and beers, gone--poof! --magically.

I scowled as soon G-Dragon started to talk. "I think you guys know something that should stay as private, but then, what more could I hide if the cat's already out of the bag, right?"

The media 'oohed', as if they are had been put into a trance by what G-Dragon said, and it made me scowl more in rage.

"Yes, I'm dating." G-Dragon officially announced and I felt the whole world shook--maybe because of the squeals of G-Dragon's fan girls or because the tectonic plates grumbled.

Then, G-Dragon started to tell their love story, a giddy smile plastered upon his ugly-looking face. It's evident that he really loves Dara, but then, I guess he doesn’t know yet her proposition with my parents. It's my turn now to get my present.

I smirked. "G-Dragon, mark my words. The things you got would never be mine, but Dara, she's an exemption."

I laughed, chugging down the half-full beer beside me and as soon it was empty, I rubbed my lip using my arm. "I'm going to get her as an exchange of what you've done..."



"...Brother."