Honey-cured Bacon

 

“Your turn.” Baekyun chirped at you as he was sprawled on the floor.

 

You thought for a moment before posing your question. “Strawberry or chocolate?”

 

“Chocolate covered strawberries.” Baekyun answered immediately without second thoughts.

 

“That’s cheating.” You sat up and scooted back on the bed until your back was against the wall, giving you a better view of Baekyun’s sly smile.

 

“I like both choices so it doesn’t have to matter,” he said and looked rather pleased with his answer.

 

“You can’t do that!” You exclaimed, grabbing the pillow next to you and throwing it at Baekyun.

 

The pillow caught Baekyun unaware and smacked him in the face. A shocked look evident on his round eyes as he gapped his mouth for a moment before he broke out into a grin. “I stand by my answer.”

 

“Fine then, I’m not playing anymore.” You huffed, slumping back down on to the bed.

 

“Don’t be like that.” Baekyun pouted. “I’ll let you ask another question.”

 

You looked down questioningly at where Baekyun was lying on the floor, looking quite comfortable. “Why do you always sit on the floor?”

 

“The carpet is really soft and it’s warmer here.” Baekyun shrugged.

 

“You’re weird, you know that?” You looked over at your boyfriend skeptically and sometimes you wonder why you fell in love with a bizarre person like him. But guess things happen – strange things happen when you’re in love.

 

“Yes. You have informed me of that many times today.” His grin grew even wider.

 

“You know, this bed wouldn’t feel so cold if there were two people on it.” You sheepishly slump under the blankets and eyed Baekyun, making him click his tongue.

 

Baekyun smiled at your statement and crawled up to meet you on the bed. He lay down next to you, slipping his arms around your waist, tugging you closer, and tangling your legs together.

 

“Is the bed still cold?” Baekyun brushed his nose on yours. His heat radiated as his breath tickled your skin.

 

“No, not anymore,” you whispered back, pressing a chaste kiss on Baekyun’s lips.

 

You stayed like that for a while, locked in each other’s embrace. Baekyun’s hands grazed the length of your arms softly while your hands rested on his chest, reaching up occasionally to caress Baekyun’s chubby cheeks. Your relationship with him was still young and moments like this just makes the butterflies in your stomach flutter with joy. He’s not always sweet and cuddly but when he is, the feeling you have goes up in cloud 9.

 

 

Eventually both of you shifted. Baekyun sat up, his back against the wall. You moved between Baekyun’s legs, your back pressed to Baekyun’s chest. He gently swung your hair to the other side of your neck, making you tilt your head to the same direction. Baekyun kissed your shoulder and rested his chin there.

 

“Favorite memory?” Baekyun whispered into your ear, resuming their game from earlier.

 

 

You hesitated for a moment before answering. “I think I was eight when my dad was too busy to teach me how to ride a bike so I taught myself, giving me a lot bruises and scars when I got home. Obviously, mom was so furious about the wounds that would later turn into a scar. Actually, I got one right here,” you lifted your knee and traced the line that vertically scratched your skin. “..so when my dad knew about it, he took a day off the next day just so he could teach me how to ride the bicycle instead. It’s not really something extraordinary… but it was the best.” A graceful smile lingered on his lips at the memory.

 

Baekyun’s arms tightened around him when you mentioned your mom and dad. “I bet your father was as tough as you and your mother… as beautiful as you.”

 

You nodded slowly. “They would have loved you.” You lifted one hand from your waist to grab his hand and hold it above the air just enough so you could study the wonders of his hand. “You have the loveliest hands… like a woman’s. Even prettier than mine, honestly speaking.” His fingers intertwined with yours effortlessly.

 

“What it looks like doesn’t really matter or if my hands are like the ogres as long as you’ll be holding my hand, I’m okay with whatever.” A touch of pink glistened your cheeks as you held it with your other hand.

 

“Stop it.”

 

“Stop what?” He asked.

 

“Stop making me blush,” your voice trailed off with embarrassment as he let out a chuckle that felt like music to your ears.

 

 Both of you sat in silence for a few moments before you spoke again. “What’s the most played song on your iPod?”

 

Baekyun paused for a moment. “If I say ‘Candy Shop’, are you going to laugh at me?”

 

“Not really.. I’m sure that’s not the reason you were listening to it though.” You teased lightly.

 

“Don’t lie. I know Justin Bieber’s songs are pretty high on your most played list too.” Baekyun poked you on the side, laughing at the way you squirmed in his arms.

 

“No comment.” You got out between laughter as Baekyun tickled your sides. “Baekyun-ah…”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“Will you sing for me?” A smirk lingered on the corner of his cherry lips.

 

“I will but promise me you’ll sing, too.” He lowered his head and kissed the side of your cheek.

 

[click this link to listen]

 

Are you remembering like me now
Even the warmth of your eyes looking..

Till this day you come to my dreams every night,
Finding me day after day
Always with you, whispering in your ears

Are you remembering like me now
Even the fragrance of your hair…

Till this day you come to my dreams every night,
Finding me day after day
Always with you, whispering in your ears

Baby baby love baby love
can’t live without you girl, without you babe

 

You both sang even though you knew you don’t have the voice like he does. His voice is the sweetest and purest voice that you have ever heard. It was as if he was sent by the heavens just so he could sing you to sleep. He never did fail to amaze you.

 

 

He, again, wrapped his arms around you.“Favorite color?” Baekyun asked when both of you had settled down.

 

“Blue.”

 

“I thought only guys like blue.”

 

“Well, you’re wrong, Byun Baekyun,” you chirped at him and let out a teasing giggle. “My turn.”

 

“Go ahead,” he dared you while playfully biting your shoulder which made you do a silly laugh that he really loved.

 

“Favorite candy?”

 

The response was immediate.

 

All of a sudden he jumped up. “I’m hungry? Are you hungry? We should head down to the cafeteria and get something to eat,” Baekyun rambled.

 

“Sure?” You said hesitantly. You weren’t sure what had happened to cause this reaction. He looked nervous. “You, what’s wrong?” You asked as you narrowed your eyes on him

 

“Nothing. Nothing’s wrong. Why would something be wrong?” He wrung your hands. “Let’s go.”

 

“I’m not leaving until you answer the question.” You lay back down on the bed, looking up at himexpectantly.

 

“Question? What question? No, we should really leave now. I’m starving,” he babbled.

 

You sat up in amazement. “You’re avoiding the question.”

 

“No, I’m not.” He replied indignantly.

 

“Yes, you are,” You laughed at his peculiar actions. “Just tell me. Is it something really weird? Or foreign?”

 

“It’s not weird. It’s just…specific.” He turned and walked out the door before you could respond.

 

You grabbed your scarf and quickly ran after him. “Hmmm… intriguing,” you quipped as you slid your hand into his.

 

 

 

——-

 

 

 

“What on earth is all these?”

 

Those were the first words out of his mouth when he walked into his dorm room the next day. There was a pile of different candies completely covering his desk and even on his bed

 

“That’s candy.” You pointed out helpfully.

 

He rolled his eyes. “Thanks a lot, captain obvious but what I meant was… What are these doing here?”

 

“What’s your favorite candy?” You avoided his question and pursued yours.

 

“And buying out the entire candy aisle at the mini stop helps you how?” He wasn’t quite sure that he understood your logic.

 

“Well, there’s a pretty good chance your favorite candy is in there somewhere.” You explained.

 

“How do you plan on figuring out which one it is though?” He sat down on his bed, waiting for you to move from your position on the floor to join him.

 

“You could just tell me. It would make everything a lot easier.” You flopped down onto the bed, making him flash you a wide grin.

 

“Sorry. Try again.” He laughed as he placed his head on your lap.

 

“Please?” You stuck your lower lip out and pouted.

 

“Nope.” He ran his fingers through your brown locks. He was being extra childish today and for some reason, you found it really cute.

 

“Fine. That’s okay, I have a plan.” You let his eyes drift shut as he relaxed into your touch.

 

He smiled with a peaceful expression on his face. “What plan is it, genius?”

 

“I’m going to eat one of those types of candy a day until I figure out which one it is.”

 

“How is you eating them going to help you figure it out?” He really didn’t understand the way you think now.

 

“Because when I get to your favorite, you’re not going to want me to eat it all because you’ll want some, so you’re going to stop me.”’ You seemed pretty pleased with yourself for coming up with this.

 

“You underestimate my self control.”

 

“We’ll see.” You smirked, sitting up to grab the nearest bag of candy.

 

 

———-

 

 

They were almost a week into your plan and you could sense your resolve growing weaker. He had shown no interest in any of the candy so far. He knew all the sugar was starting to make you feel sick. He’d told you to stop on multiple occasions but you just wouldn’t listen.

 

You were on gummy bears today.

 

They were sitting on his bed. Baekyun was struggling through Mandarin conjunctions while you were working on some petty math homework.

 

Well.

 

He was pretending to work on his Mandarin but the truth is, he was watching you. He watched as you reached into the bag, pulling out gummy bear after gummy bear.

 

“Stop,” He blurted out after a few minutes. He immediately clapped his hands over his mouth in horror.

 

You looked up in surprise at Baekyun’s outburst. It took you a moment to realize what was going on. You looked at your hand, which was holding a red gummy bear, and back to him. “Really, You? Gummy bears? Why didn’t you just say?”

 

“Just the red ones though,” he said meekly.

 

“Don’t they all taste the same?” You examined the colors in the bag, as if this would help him determine their flavors.

 

“No!” he exclaimed, horrified at this thought. “Red gummy bears are special cute little minions of happiness,” he said shyly.

 

“Really now?” You half laughed at him as he turned as red as tomato.“I was expecting it to be something really weird like chili or something. Why didn’t you just say?”

 

“If there are red gummy bears around, I tend to eat too many of them. You know how my body doesn’t handle sugar well and I start acting really crazy. I start forgetting about personal space boundaries and – “ He was cut off by you jumping up, grabbing your wallet off the desk and walking to the door. “Where are you going?”

 

“To get red gummy bears.”

 

“Wait… didn’t I explain the effect of too many red gummy bears on me?”

 

“— Well, screw that. Happy Birthday, Byun Baekhyun.” You tugged his arm and he chuckled at your thoughtfulness, making him hug you from behind.

 

“Thanks, babe.”

 

“Always welcome.”

 

 


 

Okay the ending was lame. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL odd drabbles *O*

 

Edit: Changed the poster just because hahahahaha ♥ Belated Happy Brithday, Bacon :"> 

 

Shameless advertising for my other exo fic Take a Chance on Me ♥