01

My Sunshine Girl

 

 

Dear di notebook,

Today’s my 1st day of work. Hopefully she’ll talk to me! Maybe I should try one of those clichés that happens in mangas. Like accidentally drop a cup or something like that. ㅋ ㅋ Nah I think the only thing I would get out of that is an IV needle from the hospital. Sigh... =3= 

So it’s now 9:15 and my shift starts in 15 minutes. Must go now!

Jaejin out xo

 

I finished writing another x and closed my journal in satisfaction. I looked at the clock that hung above my door. 9:16. Hurrying to put on my bag, I ran out the bedroom door nearly forgetting my iPod in the process. I made a sharp u-turn back to my room and got the electronic off my table. I ran back down the stairs taking two steps at a time and was close to tripping over the last one.

“Mom I’m leaving now!” I shouted before darting out the front door without hearing my mom's reply. Thank god the café was only two blocks from my house. A few minutes later I arrived at the door of the café, otherwise known as To Your Heart Café. I brushed my flying bangs to the side and used that short time to quickly practice my lines.

“Hello, I’m Lee Jaejin. Please take care of me!” I muttered under my breath now fixing the top portion of my hair which just so happened to look as if my mom accidentally mistaken me for a girl and had curled the hair stands of my head. I had to place a few bobby pins to keep that part down. Yes I have bobby pins in my bathroom. Why, because I just do. Taking a deep breath, I pushed open the door. A faint sound of a song that sounded like ‘Noona Nemou Yeoppeo’ played in the background, the aroma of freshly baked pastries wafted through the café. I didn’t notice someone standing in the middle of the place and immediately did a 90 degrees bow.

“A-a-annyeonghaseyo! Lee J-Jaejin imnida. I’m the new worker. Please treat me w-well!” The words automatically spilled out of my mouth and I mentally scolded myself for stuttering. Pabo Jaejin, didn’t we practice this last night? A soft giggle surprised me.

“Well Lee Jaejin ssi, nice to meet you.” That voice…..that laugh……could it be? I looked up, my face turning into five different shades of pink. The person in front of my eyes couldn’t have been a mortal but an angel. Okay maybe I exaggerated a little bit but anyways. The sunlight shone through the café glass making the image of her even more beautiful. She was the noona I liked but never told. Oh why was my life so complicated. “Why do you look so familiar though….? Hm……..ah! Aren’t you my hoobae at school?” She snapped her fingers and smiled. I numbly nodded, still too dazed to speak. She blinked a couple of times at me. “Why aren’t you talking Jaejinnie? Is there something wrong?” That snapped me out of my thoughts.

“Jae….jinnie?”

“Oh sorry! Does it make you feel uncomfortable? Aigoo, I have a habit of giving people nicknames when I first meet them. So sorry about that!” She lightly bonked the side of her head with her knuckles. I shook my head.

“N-no! I mean….you can call me Jaejinnie! I don’t mind!” I blurted and covered my mouth in mortification. My outburst echoed off the walls. It was silent for a moment before a sudden giggle broke it.

“You’re so cute!” I was slightly offended, only slightly though. I was a manly man, not a cute man! Cute is for boys. I fumbled with my bag strap and apparently she noticed my discomfort because she continued, “Since we’re going to be working together, just call me ~~~~~ noona. How does that sound?” A smile slowly appeared on my face. I clasped my hands together and bowed again.

“Well let’s work hard together then ~~~~~ noona!”