Chapter 2

Reuse Recycle

 

Yay. School. It was two in the morning, and I was already getting dressed for the fresh beginning of yet another school week. I didn’t want to be in this god forsaken place I’m forced to call “home” when my dad woke up. Sure he’d yell at me once I came back from school, but at least I wouldn’t go to school looking worse than I already did at the current moment. I patted my body down after a shower, quickly dressed myself, and completed my look with a slight smudge of eyeliner and concealor to cover the bruises and slight hickeys. I plastered a smile on my face, which quickly faltered within seconds of looking at myself. I was damn ugly.

It was three thirty a.m. by the time I was complete with finishing left over homework and trying to hide my scars as much as possible.

I slowly crept out of my room, closing my bedroom door slowly behind me. As I turned my back to the door and began walking, I was met with a dark glare looking down on me. My father crossed his arms and huskily asked, “Where are you going?”

I took a step back and tensed my shoulders. “S-sch-school… appa…”

“Have you forgotten already?” he says, calmly and quietly, advancing on me.

“N-n-n-n-neh?”

“A friend of mine is coming over. And, well you know, I couldn’t refuse such a fine offer, Hyunnie. Besides, it’s only going to take a couple hours, and we have plenty of time before you have to go to school.”

I gulp. He grabs onto my swollen wrists and leads me to the bed in our basement, throwing my backpack to the floor and locking my only way out with a loud click.

I hadn’t noticed the presence of the long, slender figure appearing from the shadows. The man was probably in his early thirties. He held a pair of cuffs in one hand, a belt in the other.

 

We all know what happened next. Description, as far I’m concerned, isn’t necessary. Other than the fact that I was left with a swollen welt on my face, and was barely able to walk, and I was for the nth time in the fifteen years I’ve been alive.

Far too many for me to count.

 

I was left limping to school, thankfully only three or four blocks away, and holding a wet towel to my cheek. I felt like absolute .

And to improve my mood, I was welcomed into the campus with “”, “”, “ing gay”, and the likes.

Then the school chick, Nicole, approached me and laughed as she pushed me toward the locker. She grabbed my hand and placed it on her . “Like this ?” she spat.

And when I didn’t answer, she slapped my cheek, causing me to let go of my towel. “Oooohh got beat up by another one of your boyfriends?”

The girls behind her giggled and smirked as their stupid boyfriend jocks hugged their waists.

“ you.” I whispered in her ear, earning another slap on the face. I saw my blood smeared on her hand as she smiled, staring at it contently before the thick red liquid. I stared at her disgustedly and tried to dodge the next blow directed toward my face.

But she ended up punching my chest, where an even worse welt was probably going to widen. Its blood seeped through my white dress shirt and I sent her a death glare before gripping onto my chest and breaking for a run.

I heard laughing behind me, and almost looked back to see what was going on. My vision began to haze and blur, and I could feel my eyelids becoming heavy. Running and breathing became more difficult, but I continued my escape and quickened my pace.

Then it was unbearable. I slowed down and collapsed on the grass, and as much as I tried to keep my eyes open, it refused to do so.

Then…

black.

 

 

Chanyeol’s POV~

I’m the new kid! I walked around the campus and smiled as I breathed in the fresh air. I had a feeling I was going to like I here.

Staring around the campus, I spotted a boy strangely arranged on the ground, his face to the grass and his limbs sprawled near a big oak tree. To think that some people actually SLEEP that way…

He had the same uniform as me, and classes were about to start… I decided to walk up to him and tell him to get up.

 

“Hey.” I said, kicking his side.

The boy screamed in pain and gripped onto the place where I’d lightly hit him. I raised a brow and kneeled to see what the big deal was.

His face was tear stained and covered in blood. He wriggled restlessly, and I could tell he was asleep. What happened? I saw a red stain on the grass and gently rolled the boy over, only to see what was supposed to be in the movies. And what’s in the movies – stays in the movies.

“Are you okay?” I finally managed to ask.

 

~

 

Well... good news is: Happy Virus has arrived.