Beautiful Spring Day... a KyuMi story

Beautiful Spring Day... a KyuMi story

It was a fine day. Birds singing, flowers blooming, filling the air with their fragrant perfumes. The sun shined like it was the last day it would have the chance to show us it's wondrous light. It was perfect, well almost. School was on strike for three mounts now. I guess you'd tell me that I'm creasy for wanting to return and study boring stuff all day. That I should party and celebrate and thank God for this miracle. But you see it was the total opposite I was doing. True I saw this as an opportunity, but after three mounts of gaming and vegetating, believe me it gets boring very fast. My name is Kyuhyun by the way. Anyways, it was mid may, my favourite season was at it's peak. Mother Nature was doing her thing, working her magic into every corner of the landscape. It was so peaceful... Nothing or no one to spoil the moment...

-----------------------------------------------

A figure made it's way towards the young man. A voice echoed. 

- Hey, you're the last person I would think of finding here!

Kyuhyun sighed. He knew all too well who that was. He turned his head slightly, annoyed by the unwanted presence.

- Funny you should say that. I never pictured you as the nature type either!!, he grunted.

Zhou Mi was in deed not the outdoorsy type of person. He chuckled. A big smile lit his face. Zhou Mi was the most popular guy in his high school. He was quite the diva and being in a park was not in his habits.

- What do you want?! Can't you leave me alone?!! We're not in school nor are we on you're turf, so leave me be!!!!, Kyuhyun shouted at the tall man in front of him.

----------------------------------------------

Zhou Mi didn't bully me if that's what you were thinking. No. He was too good natured for that kinda thing. He just annoyed the living hell out of me. True he asked me for help for he's homework, seeing how he was chinese and all. And if I refused he'd often tell others some phony stories about how I tried to kiss him and stuff... Don't know what the hell was his kick, but he did. I didn't care. I mean, it's not like I had or wanted any friends. The rest of the time he just tried to do anything and everything humanly possible to be my "chum", as he called it. "I don't care what on Earth you call it Zhou Mi, I don't want to!!!" was my answer to his hopeful smile every time. He apparently still didn't get the message.

----------------------------------------------

- Sorry to bother you my friend. Can I sit here?, the smiling sun replied.

- Absolutely not, and you're not my friend!! screamed Kyuhyun, exasperated

Despite the retaliations of his dongsaeng, Zhou Mi sat down next to Kyu. The young man cringed.

- You... What are you doing here in the first place??! Shouldn't you be at the mall or some big party??!

- There's more to me than just parties and fame, Kui Xian.

There he was again with this Kui Xian business.

- I TOLD you countless time not to call me THAT!!!!!, raged Kyu.

- Sorry, I'll try in the future!

A smile curved Zhou Mi's soft lips. "Like there's gonna be a future, ya idiot", muttered the young man, low enough so his stalker didn't hear.

- Oh yeah, what are you doing here them??!, replied harshly the maknae.

Kyuhyun didn't know why he'd ask that. Why would he care. But before he could stop them, the words came out on their own.

- Haha..., chuckled Zhou Mi again,... Because I love nature, that's why! How about you, I thought the only thing you knew except school was video games.

- I guess there's more to me than just video games..., Zhou Mi smiled, the truth is my mother used to take me here when I was a kid.

- Is she diseased? I'm sorry... I shouldn't have...

- No she's not dead, just too busy for me... moving up in her career... She was always so ambitious...

Kyuhyun spaced out. Zhou Mi could've sworn he saw tears in his dongsaeng's eyes. Before realizing it, the tall chinaman was hugging Kyu. He didn't fight. In fact he embraced his hyung. Kyuhyun didn't know why, but he felt good inside Zhou Mi's hold. Perhaps it was his sent. It wasn't some expensive cologne or anything, no he smelled like flowers... lotus flowers... A hole fresh garden was squeezing him. Why didn't he notice before?... Purity was the only word that came to his mind as Kyuhyun snuggled against Zhou Mi. They stayed like this for a few moments. Mimi's voice resonated. It was sweet and soft, like honey. Decidedly, everything in his elder was perfect, Kyu thought. 

- I love you Kyuhyun... All I wanted was to be with you... Why do you hate me for it?, he asked, a hint of sadness in his otherwise perfect voice.

- I know, I guess... I just didn't want to admit I liked you too... a lot...

Kyuhyun blushed. Zhou Mi's aroma was intoxicating him. He breathed it in deeply. 

He wasn't stupid. His IQ was blowing the roof of the 150's. He kew his elder had a preference for him. He was well aware before Zhou Mi'd said anything, and... he liked Zhou Mi. The accurate word was loved. He came from a family of homophobes, so naturally, he tried to fight his feelings with all his might. That's why he was distant, rude and mean to Zhou Mi. He never gave up on Kyuhyun though. The young man was glad he hadn't. 

To this day he was fighting his affection for Zhou Mi, but no more... It became clear to him that his parents considered him dead, for they payed no attention to him, so why should he hold himself back any longer. 

Leaning in with fierce confidence, Kyuhyun pressed his lips on Zhou Mi's. Not so sure anymore, he broke the kiss as suddenly as it'd began. The older bilked a few times. He didn't expect such an abrupt change of events.

- So.. you're saying... that...

- I'm saying that I love you, stupid!

Zhou Mi smiled. Happiness flooded his heart, and tears drowned his eyes. He threw him self in Kyu's arms. He never thought he'd hear those words from the nerdy guy he was in love with for so long.

- You big cry baby, Kyuhyun laughed.

- You jerk, Zhou Mi grinned.

They lied in the grass, tightly holding each other. 

------------------------------------------

It was in deed a fine day. Birds singing, flowers blooming, filling the air with their fragrant perfumes. The sun shined like it was the last day it would have the chance to show us it's wondrous light. It was indeed perfect. 

The two lovers lay together, tightly holding each other, the wind's song cradling their dreams.