Chapter One

Forgive My Foolishness

 

"Taeyeon-ah, it's time."
 
I blinked my eyes. "Huh?"
 
"Come on, everybody becomes very impatient."
 
I stared at the man who kept shouting from the doorway. He seemed to be my..manager?
 
 
"What happened?" I looked down and getting more confused. I wore this fancy y dress which was black colored. I sprung up from my seat and checked myself at the mirror.
 
"Wha-" my jaw dropped. The reflection of myself on the mirror is so beautiful. I couldn't even believe I praise myself in such a way. But really, if this isn't me, I'd be drooling over the milky white skin clad with the black dress I was currently wearing.
 
 
Suddenly a hand grabbed me, pulling me out from the dressing room.
 
 
Before I could throw fits because the tight grip hurt my wrist, I was already blinded by the light, a really bright one.
 
"OMO TAEYEON-AH!!!!!"
"Taeyeon-ah saranghae!!!"
"Noona neomu yeppuda!!"
"Taeyeon!!!!!!"
"Milky White Skin Kim Taeyeon!!"
 
I was taken aback until I realized I was standing in the middle of a big stage. With audience busily shouting their fanchants and holding banners and stuffs like..omg dukong!!
 
 
"There's so many dukong.." I smiled to myself unintentionally.
 
 
 
"Tae.."
 
Someone whispered. I was surprised, how would someone whisper and I could still hear it beyond the noisy fans shouting my name?
 
"Tae!"
 
This time it was a shout along with a tap on my shoulder, causing me to turn around to face him. Or her.
 
 
"Taeyeon!" She shook my body, but all I could do was looking at her with perplexed face. I couldn't remember her but she seemed so familiar. I yelped when I finally realized her, "Fany!?"
 
"Wake up!"
 
"I cannot hear you!" I hardly heard her so I scoot closer.
 
"I said wake up!" she poured a glass of water upon my head. Wait, what?
 
 
 
---
 
 
 
"Wake up you pabo!!"
 
I shook her body but she was still in her deep slumber.
 
"How do I deal with this sleepy head everyday."
 
I sighed. Then someone barged into our shared room.
 
"Move, Fany-ah." I looked to my best friend, holding a glass of water.
 
"Wait, what are you gonna do with- NO don't, Soo!"
 
I blocked her way but she insisted to do exactly what I was thinking a moment ago; spilled that water to the poor midget.
 
 
"Oops, I accidentally did it.."
 
I watched the midget abruptly wake up with funny face she made. I held my laughter as I felt guilty. Watching her wiping off her face and completely had no clue about what happened, I couldn't help but to laugh. I looked Sooyoung who wore an evil smirk on her face.
 
 
"Soo!! I swear if you wake me up by pouring a water on my face again, I will-"
 
"Shush, quit yelling Taeyeon. Look at the damn clock. It's quarter past 9 and we're still in our dorm."
 
"So?"
 
"We're having a freakin exams today!"
 
 
I finally took chance to shut Sooyoung's mouth while she was busy scolding the helpless midget by covering and dragging her outside.
 
"Tae, hurry up and get dressed. We'll be waiting outside."
 
By that, we left Taeyeon alone.
 
 
---
 
 
"Jessica-ssi, you wake up early today."
 
"Yeah, there's so many to catch up. I have singing course until noon and eat lunch with dad later."
 
"But you look so weary, are you sure you got enough sleep last night?"
 
"Kind of."
 
 
I gave faint smile to my butler just to ensure him. I had to admit, I didn't get enough sleep since last night I was bribed by my singing teacher. It became usual now, so I got used to it already. But yesterday was an exception, I was feeling sore throat. It's even harder to speak now.
 
"Here, you may drink this and get better. Don't pull yourself too hard, Jessica-ssi," he tapped my back and flashed a warm smile on his face.
 
 
How I wish he is my father.
 
 
The only difference he and my father had was he's really concern about me, who is no one but his master's daughter. He knew me better than my father. My father didn't know I hate cucumber while he did. My father care less about me. He thought by giving me things I want is the same as loving me. No, I need love, not just ty Christmas Card he sent every year for me.
 
But I pity Mr. Han. He lost his daughter while she was very young. She's just a little kid, playing around the park when she was kidnapped. I shed tears when he told me that story, that was on Christmas eve 6 years ago.
 
Maybe that's why he treated me like his own daughter, the only daughter that he love the most.
 
 
"Jessica-ssi, we got plenty of mails today. From your fans."
 
I just nodded. It's a usual things. Fans sent me many letters just to greet me or to confess their love toward me. I was glad that people accepted me and my career as a singer was slowly raising. Though I just debuted 6 months ago, but the fans were already increasing rapidly. Many fans were sending me congratulation card, christmas card, new year card, and they even sent me various gifts. Unfortunately the gifts sent were out of control. Hence, the gifts were strictly prohibited since two months ago.
 
 
"But I found something special."
 
I stopped my mouth from munching my cereal. I glanced at him and he held a soft pink letter on his hand. "From Yuri-ssi."