INTERLUDE: PART 1

Our Own Little World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Thank you to all my viewers and subscribers, even though the numbers are still small, I still feel the encouragement from you guys to continue on writing!  Your interest in this story and comments are the drive force behind all these words!  I love you guys~ Hhehe, I promised a more lovey-dovey chapter last time, so here it is!  (I tried to make each character as romantic as possible without going overboard, especially Yul x) Kkeke, happy reading!

 

No One’s POV

“Yul-ah, I’m home!” Hyunseung cried in a cheerful voice as he unlocked the door to his fiancé’s apartment.  Right away, he heard the shuffles of her slippers and saw Yul poke her head out of her kitchen to smile at him.

“Welcome back, dinner’s almost ready!”  The young woman greeted, before swishing her ponytail and retreating back to her station at the stove.  The delicious smells of Yul’s home cooking filled Hyunseung’s nose, as he eagerly kicked off his shoes and ran into the kitchen to rejoin her.

“Yah, your socks are going to get dirty if you don’t wear your slippers,” Yul nagged half-heartedly, her tone softening as she felt his arms wrap around her waist from the back.  Hyunseung chuckled.  “Good to see you too,” he nestled his chin on top of her head.  The vibrations from his throat rumbled down Yul’s body, sending a tingly feeling to her toes.

Yul sighed.  She ceased her movements of stirring and turned the knobs down to ‘low’ so that only the slow bubbling pops could be heard.  Her head lightly fell back against his chest, the sounds of his soft heartbeats felt soothing to her ears.

“Mianhae, Seungie.”  Hyunseung’s grin grew wider as his arms tightened around her slender frame. He knows that Yul only calls him by that nickname during their intimate moments.  The two stayed together like that for a while, their bodies gently swinging back and forth accompanied by the simmering ‘blops’ of kimchi stew. 

“We’re finally getting a short break,” Hyunseung broke the comforting silence.  Yul turned her head up to meet his eyes.  “The members and me, that is,” he clarified.  

Yul smiled ruefully.  The president had already spoken with her of this and she was so happy at the thought of them finally taking some time off, but CEO Hong informed Yul that unfortunately their relaxation time would be brief.      

---

[Flashback, a Few Days Ago]

Yul's POV

“BEAST’s popularity is steadily rising in Asia, and from what I have heard, many parts of North and South America and countries in Europe.  With 2011 soon approaching, the members are going to have heavily packed schedules with their debut album in Japan,” CEO Hong said in a grave voice as I sat in front of his desk.  I nodded in understanding, but my heart broke once hearing those words escape his mouth.

“That is why I’m giving the members a short vacation to relax and nurse their health, in order for them to fully prepare for their future activities,” The elder man continued, his eyes boring into mine.  I bit the inside of my cheek.

“Please excuse me for asking this, but is it possible for their breaks to extend a few more days, at least up to a week?”  I asked in a quiet voice.  CEO Hong looked at me with a questioning gaze.  He didn’t seem mad at my proposal, so I continued.

“I’m terribly sorry if I’m coming off as rude, but please understand that the members had an extremely tiresome year with their SHOCK promotions followed quickly by the releases of their third and fourth mini-albums.  I know the undeniable fact that BEAST is a popular boy group, and their fame is widely praised by their fans as well as the people of the Republic of Korea.  But sometimes when I see Kikwang-sshi or Doojoon-sshi on multiple variety shows and dramas, I can clearly see the fatigue in their eyes and their facial expressions indicate the lack of sleep and nutrition.”

“But these are the lives of idols, Yul-sshi,” CEO Hong cut in.  He has risen from his task chair to pace behind his desk.  “Their dreams were to become singers, and now they have to confront the obstacles in order to achieve them.” 

“Yes, I understand that CEO Hong-nim, but these idols are still growing young men and women, and they should be given the opportunity to rest every once in a while.”  Yul also rose up in her seat to face the president.

“CEO Hong-nim, excuse my language here but I think you’re crazy if you said you aren’t proud of the artists that you and your company has created.  They have amazing talents; you and I both know that.  And their popularity standards will skyrocket in 2011 with the new albums and things they are going to experience!  I will guarantee that BEAST’s fame will dominate Japan and their performances will leave their fans awestruck, but to be able to do that in the first place is to give the members some time to relax and do the things they want to do.  Not as members of BEAST, but as normal young men.”  Yul finished her speech confidently.

CEO Hong looked thoughtful.  He sat back into his black chair and rested his chin above his linked hands.  Yul copied his actions, but placed her hands on her lap instead.  He was quiet for a few minutes, and then spoke.

“Lee Yul-sshi, I know you care a lot about our Cube artists as well as your fiancé Hyunseung.  After all, you have been with BEAST since their promotions of ‘Bad Girl’ and your work with our current trainees was, and still is, a huge help to our company.  Your sincerity and hospitality believe me, will not go un-noticed.  As for your proposal about BEAST’s break…” he trailed off, making Yul lean forward with pleading eyes.

“I’m going to say yes for this, since I believe they have earned the rights to extend their four-day off, and your persuasive speech changed my decisions,” The man concluded with a sigh, while Yul jumped up from her seat in happiness.

“Cheongmal kansahamnida, CEO Hong-nim!”  Yul cried in an excited voice.  But she quickly composed herself with a cough.

“Thank you so much again, for taking your time to listen to my selfish proposal.  I’m so sorry for bothering you.  I’m sure you have many other important things to do, so I will take my leave now.”  Yul got up from her chair and gave CEO Hong a long bow.  The man smiled at the young girl’s formalness.

“I will inform the members of BEAST about this, so you are free to go.”  Yul bobbed her head once again, and exited the president’s office.  Once outside Cube Headquarters, she let out a shout of contented victory and ran down the streets of Cheongdam-dong, ignoring the stares of local ahjummahs buying groceries and clucking about ‘teenagers with their abnormal behaviours’.           

[End Flashback]

---

No One's POV

“How long?” Yul asked in an innocent voice, when in reality she already knew the duration of their break.  Hyunseung exhaled a sigh of relief mixed with frustration.  “A week starting today,” he replied.  Of course, he was happy that he finally received seven days off of his schedule, but like all members, Hyunseung secretly wished his break can extend into two months.  Ah, Jang Hyunseung, the dreamer~

“Aw, darn.  Only a week.” Yul pretended to pout with a depressed face.  Hyunseung immediately went into ‘comfort-Yul’ mode and buried his face into the nape of her neck, which he knew was her ticklish spot.  “Mianhae Yul-ah,” he cooed while his warm breath hit her skin and sent Yul into a frenzy of giggles.

“H-Hyun-s-seung, h-haji-ma--” Yul desperately attempted to cover to prevent laughter, but Hyunseung didn’t stop and proceeded to attack the ticklish parts of her neck, forcing Yul to yelp and scream in mirth.  He finally relinquished his torture of her once he saw that Yul’s face was cleared of any sadness fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter