Fateful Meeting

When the Sun and Moon Meet
(Sehun POV)
When I ride the wind and land in your world


Father had been right. The training was extremely tiring and harsh. By the time it ended, my brothers and I had all collapsed onto the ground, hardly able to move. It had pushed us to our limit, but stopped just before we went past it. We all knew that it was for our own good, so none of us complained when we were told to come back the next day to continue the 'lesson'.

A few hours had passed since the session had ended, and I had wandered out of the mansion, bored and without anything to do. I decided to let my power show me the way instead. I triggered my power so that a breeze would start, and I would let it guide me to wherever it wanted.

As soon as my power was stirring around me, I felt as if it was more of an urgent push rather than just a random guide. The strength of the wind was rather strong, and I soon found myself in the middle of a forest. The leaves were green and lush around me, rustling restlessly around me because of the wind. I was would have turned my power off if it weren't for the urgent tug it had. After letting it guide me along some more, it suddenly stopped. Surprised, I looked around myself and saw nothing.

What was that for? I wondered. I shook my head a few times and sighed before turning around to leave... and almost crashed into another figure in the woods.

He looked at me with wide eyes filled with surprise and I could tell that my expression was a mirror one of his. I didn't expect to meet someone in such a large forest. What coincidence.

I examined his face a bit closer to see if I recognized him, and I suddenly had the weirdest feeling.

Happiness? Excitement? Relief? Why would I get those feelings? Why does it feel as if I recognize him?

Confusion coated my face, and to my surprise, his eyes was too. Is this a mere coincidence?

The other boy spoke up first, and his voice was a lower pitch than I expected. "Hello...  Who are you?"

"Oh-- uh... Hi, I'm Sehun."

I thought I saw something flicker in his eyes too, and then confusion went back to its place. "Have we met before?"

I laugh softly. "I was wondering that too. Have we?"

"I... I'm not sure..." A few moments of somewhat awkward silence passed between us before I finally decided that it would be better if I said something.

"What brings you here?" I asked.

"My-- I'm not sure. I just had a feeling that I should come here..." the other boy trailed off, as if not sure why he was here either. "What about you?"

"I'm not sure why I'm here either. I just let my powe--" I cut off. Shoot. I just spilled my secret. My brothers are going to kill me once they find out. "I mean gut instinct. Guide me."I tried to make it seem as natural as possible, but I guess it didn't work because his eyes widened as he looked at me.

"You have special powers?" he asked.

"P-power? Of course not!" I tried to make it seem as if I though he was crazy. He didn't buy it.

"I do too!"

I felt my jaws drop open slightly. This guy was going to tell me that so easily?

"But--"

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone." the other boy said with a gentle smile.

I considered denying it again, then realize there was no point. From the way his eyes were sparkling as he spoke, I had a feeling that he wasn't lying. "O-okay..."

There was a moment of awkward silence.

"So you got here by chance too?" he asked.

"Yeah," I replied.

"That makes me think... Maybe we're meant to meet?" he finished with a soft laugh.

I felt a smile form on my lips. I had been thinking of the same thing. Maybe, just maybe, we were brought here for a purpose.

"Sehun... I don't think I've heard your name before in our Clan...." Luhan bites his bottom lip and he tried to remember.

Suddenly, I got a horrible feeling. "Which Clan are you from?" I asked, hesitantly.

"The Sun Clan." he told me.

The knot in my stomach becomes more obvious. I had always been told to stay away from the Sun Clan because they were dangerous and backstabbers. However, as I looked at the boy in front of me, he seemed so harmless with his big eyes and cute face. I decided to warn him instead of attack. "You have to leave."

"Why?"

"Don't you know where you are? You're on Moon territory." I said, trying to make my voice seem cold he would got a clue of how much danger he was in.

The guy looked around and realization hit him. "Oh... I--"

"Sehun! Get away from him!" A blast of fire rushes past my ear before I could even turn my head. The other boy jumps out of the way just in time. I looked behind me and saw Chanyeol with his phoenix beside him. "Leave!"

"Bye." the boy whispered to me before dashing off into the trees. Soon, he disappeared just as suddenly as he had appeared in my life.

I turned around to face Chanyeol.

"What were you thinking? He's from the Sun Clan!" Chanyeol fumed.

"I- I didn't know." I told him honestly.

Chanyeol sighed. "I guess you didn't. Just be careful from now on. Father warned us about the Sun Clan getting more aggressive after all. Sorry for yelling, I was just worried."

"Sorry for worrying you, Chanyeol."

My older brother looked the way the mysterious boy had disappeared to. "Who was that? Maybe we can tell the others to keep an eye out for him."

I opened my mouth to reply, but then realized that the other boy hadn't told me his name. The stranger thing was that I somehow knew without him saying it. As if I knew him before. As if.... The though disappeared. I noticed Chanyeol was looking at me expectantly for an answer. "Luhan. His name is Luhan."

"Okay. I'll go and tell Father. Let's go home."

"Chanyeol, what were you doing here?" I asked.

He hesitated. "I'm not sure... I just had a feeling that there was... something... here."

"Thank you for coming to get me." I told him.

"No problem." he ruffled my hair before marching off. His phoenix flickered before disappearing. Chanyeol probably didn't want the forest to catch on fire. Suho wouldn't be happy to have to use his powers to extinguish it.

All the way back, I couldn't stop thinking about the boy I met in the forest. Somehow, I just knew that there was a reason for our meeting. Now I just have to find out what it is.

- - - - -
No time to proof-read. Must study. @___@ I hate provincials and finals....