Drabble

[drabble] Redemption

They kissed passionately, lips playing for dominance as words were spoken roughly yet adoringly. The contours of their body molded against each other like two perfect puzzle pieces. Tender hands ran through soft hair, as fingers also clutched desperately into sharp shoulder blades. Backs were pushed uncomfortably against walls, and moans escaped bruised lips. Insatiable lust continually ran through their veins as they held one another; their fingers slowly dancing against each other's skin in a coded message.

Fire burned between them, inside them, around them; the desire and wanton moans of ecstatic relief and want did not cascade into nothingness, it only grew.

Euphoria.

But too soon, like a burning candle being blown out, their fire died.

The once hot passion ran cold, as whispers were deaf against empty air.

Smoke wafted over the blown out candle;

red innocence stained one pair of hands, as the silhouette of the other rested against a black void.

Merciless, broken wings made its final flutter for escape.

But the fleeting memories fell into darkness.

And one puzzle piece was left.

The other, disappearing.


"You told me; live as if you were to die tomorrow. Feel as if you were to be reborn now. Stand as if you were to live forever," he traced his broken tears with quivering fingers.

A smear of blood trailed after his cold touch, and contrasted his pale complexion; the red mark glowing in the dim lights.

A mark of retribution.

"I don't remember when the final bell had stopped ringing," he whispered, a temperamental wind rustling his torn clothes and black hair, "but since, someday, we'll all meet our demise, why should I care?"

Closing his eyes, his wet lashes casting shadows upon his cheeks, he tilts his head upwards; a faint blue glow outlined behind his eyelids. The moon was especially bright.

"I made a vow," he said, reaching up to gently place a cold hand against a tear-stricken face, "to never forget this overflowing sorrow. Or this insatiable love."

His eyes were half-closed, the light in the strong pair of eyes fading.

"I had nothing lose, except you, Zi tao. I don't regret anything."

A final smile.

"So don't wade in grievance, or revenge."


Opening his eyes, which were glistening with tears, Zi tao's fingers hover over his lips; remembering that final touch of his beloved.

"If only your words were enough to heal me," he breathes, fighting the cry that welled up in his throat. The Earth had only made one revolution around the Sun since he had lost the light of his life.

And he had reverted into a state of a depressed lethal weapon; killing was his all, as hatred fueled every movement.

"I've broken your promise, Wu fan," he whispers, body trembling as the name struggled to roll off his tongue. "I have devoted my entire body to this never ending battle..."

Redemption.

"...because what else can I do besides to avenge you?"


-end