T h i r t i e t h A n t e r o o m: Run, You Fool!

The House Behind The Magnolias
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Luhan,”I called whispering.

“What?”he snapped back.

“When did you get this sign on your temple? ‘Coz I don’t remember seeing it before…”

“What sign?”he looked at me confused.

“That one,”I gave him the hand mirror from the little table.

He analyzed it with a confused look in his eyes. “I don’t know. It’s not a tattoo and I don’t remember having it before either. Who knows, maybe it’s from all the hits I’ve got in war,”he eyed me with cruelty. “You don’t get it, do you?”

“Huh?”

“Just how much the guys love you,”he signed. “I didn’t get them at the beginning either, but now…”he approached me and his hand cupped my cheek. “Having you so close, seeing you and feeling your smooth skin…everything is like a dream come true. I think I fell for you, Song Eun Rim. I don’t know when exactly, maybe when you brought me out of darkness…but I love you, Eun Rim. I love you with all my heart. And I hope you’ll accept me and let me take care of you.”

“No.”

My blunt answer took him aback. “Luhan, you don’t love me. As I don’t love you. At least, not that way.”

“Do you love someone else?”

Yes. “No.”

“Then why?”

“I’m Lilith, remember?”I smiled.

He caressed my cheek gently while looking at me with empty eyes. I know I hurt him. I know I did. But how could I ever accept his love when there was another one in my heart? Being evil ain’t about betraying your own heart.

“I’ll be going then,”he suddenly stood from the sofa and headed towards the door.

I watched his steps. They were falling heavily on the carpet. “Luhan?”

He never turned around. I never saw his eyes. “Yes?”his voice came from the depths of his own soul.

“Just…don’t turn bad…”

And the door closed behind him, leaving me there wondering if tomorrow will ever come.

♃~✵~♃

1944

I remained still. It was like the time froze for me, leaving me in the same place after Luhan’s departure. And I was one lonely being. No one came to see me. Not even Seung Ho. Their regiment had to leave Seoul ‘coz the army of Korea was losing at the borderlines. And so that the Red Army of URSS wouldn’t step inside the country, my lover left me to protect the only place that was still quiet.

From my house I could hear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter