I promise you.

Take You For A Ride. {One Shot}

Your day started unlike any other. First off, it started with making a birthday breakfast for your boyfriend. It was his 19th birthday, and you couldn't believe how fast the time was flying. Luckily, you already bought his gift. But that will just have to be saved for later. You woke him up with a kiss, saying

"Zhu ni sheng ri kuai le, wo nanpengyou. Wo ai ni!" (Happy birthday, my boyfriend. I love you!)

He smiled at you, and laughed at the fact you tried to speak Mandarin to him. At least you put in some effort.

"Aw, my precious nuyou~, you remembered! Shei shei, wo ai ni." (Aw, my precious girlfriend". . ."Thank you, I love you!")

"Of course I remembered! I never forgot your birthday, ever since the first time we met it's been burned in my memory. And besides, it's not just your birthday today my love. Happy anniversary, Zi-Tao."

Yup, that's right. It was you and your boyfriend's one-year anniversary. Exactly one year ago, on May 02, Tao asked you to be his official girlfriend, after dating each other for a few months. He asked you out at the carnival they held every year. You both stood beneath the lights of the Ferris wheel, as he pulled out a promise ring. He got got down on one knee, like he was about to propose. He grabbed your left hand, and looked up at you. The Ferris wheels lights shining on his face brightened his eyes, and he looked up at you with so much love and happiness. He said,

"This, right here, is a promise ring. This symbloizes my trust and my love for you. Babe, I promise you, if you accept this, I will always make sure there's a smile on your face. I promise to always apologize, even when I'm not at fault. Whenever you're sad or feeling down, I promise to try all I can do make that beautiful smile appear on your face. I can't promise you we won't fight, because all couples argue. But that just shows our love for each other. Lee Min Ki, if you accept this ring, I promise to always be there for you. I will be your 'knight in shining armour'. And after all of this, I just have one last question for you. Will you be my girlfriend?"

You looked down at him, still in shock with what was happening. You couldn't believe it. The boy you've always had your eyes on since you were in middle school, was asking you to be his only girl. You nodded your head, shyly. He slid that promise ring on, and the way it rest against your finger was as if it was meant to be the two of you. Ever since that day, you never took that ring off. Ever.

All day, you spent with Tao. You took him shopping, buying him anything and everything he wanted. Shoes, clothes, jackets, glasses, some new suits, new earphones, and food. Lots and lots of food. Despite how much he kept eating, he still remained the tall, slim, yet muscular boy you knew and loved. When you two were walking from one restaurant to continue shopping, you were stopped by a few fangirls of his. He looked at you, apologizing for that. You shook your head and smiled, telling him you understood. And technically, you had no other choice. You are now with an idol. You understood the things that were to happen if you two were going to be in a relationship, and you accepted it easily. As long as you two were together, in the end, that's all that mattered. The girls gave Tao little kisses on his cheeks, wishing him a happy birthday. He smiled and thanked them warmly, and they walked off. You about his new "girlfriends" and how cute they were. He just shook his head and laughed. At least you were able to joke about it.

Night came. And guess where he took you? To the annual carnival down by the boardwalk. The feel of the ocean winds brushing against your skin felt amazing. You breathed in the salty scent of the ocean and smiled. You looked up at Tao, who was staring out into the water. You thought to yourself,

"I'm so lucky to have him all to myself. He's faithful to me, even with all those other, better-looking fangirls hanging around him. Not once did he ever hurt me in the past year we were together. I love this man, and I will show him that he means the world to me."

He grabbed hold of your hand and dragged you towards all the rides. The look on his face, and that shine in his eyes, made him look like a little 5 year old boy that was experiencing his very first carnival. How cute can this boy possibly get?!

He stopped running, and you came to a pause. After finally catching your breathe, you looked up and saw where you were standing. You were in the exact same spot he asked you to officialy become his: under the Ferris wheel.

 

The way the Ferris wheel was turning almost made you sick to your stomach. You were always afraid of heights, even if you were on rides. In fact, the ride kinda made it worse. At first you didn't want to go on the Ferris wheel. It scared you too much. But, guess who made you go on it anyway? Tao.

Well, technically he didn't "make" you go on. You sort of, volunteered.

"Hey, Min Ki. Let's go on the Ferris wheel, it looks like so much fun!" Tao said, with a smile.

He looked up at the Ferris wheel. The way the carnival lights lit up his eyes and face were amazing. He had this huge smile on his face. He looked like how a little kid would look at their favorite toy. There's no way you could say no to that adorable face. He seemed to remember that you were afraid of heights, and he immediately said,

"Well, I mean, only if you want to! If not then it's okay, we can go on the bumper cars instead." He rubbed the back of his neck, looking down, his cheeks a rosy red color. You thought to yourself,

"How adorable can my boyfriend get?!"

You grabbed hold of his hand, and walked towards the Ferris wheel. You turned to him and said,

"Come on, babe. I wanna take you for a ride."

After what seemed like the longest and worst 5 minutes of you life, you finally stepped off of the ride. Tao wrapped his arms around your waist supporting you, making sure you wouldn't fall after how dizzy you looked. He smiled at you, and you looked up at him. You smiled back, and gave him a peck on his lips. Then, you suddenly remembered his gift that was wrapped up in a small bag in your pocket.

"Oh, Tao! I have something for you, babe! Again, happy birthday honey!"

You reached into your back pocket, and pulled out a little sky blue bag. You handed it to him, and asked him to open it.

"Waah~ Min Ki, you didn't need to do this! Having you as my girlfriend is the perfect gift I could ever ask for, babe!"

"Yeah, yeah. Come on, just open it already!"

He opened the bag, and gasped at what he pulled out. In his hands, was a watch. But not just any watch. This, was the perfect one for him.

 

His eyes started to water, actually. He had his eyes set on this watch for months, but when he went into the stores and asked for it, they said they were all out of stock. They were, becuase you bought the very last one. The wouldn't be making ordering another shipment of these watches for another 6 months! He picked you up into his arms, spinning you around, higging you tightly. You laughed out loud, not caring that the people walking by were looking at you two as if you'd gone crazy. He stopped, and put you back on the ground. He held you by your waist, pulling you close. He let his forehead rest on yours, smiling into your eyes.

"Thank you, babe. This is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me. I love you so much, I'm the happiest person in the world!"

"You're welcome, my love. As long as I get to see that breath-taking smile on your face, that's enough for me. I love you, Huang Zi Tao. I will always love you."

He bent down and kissed you, full of love and passion. That's right, you loved him, and he loved you. And that's all that ever mattered.