Meetings

Nocturnal Romance

 

“Come on hyung! It’ll be fun!”

 

“I said no Ryeowook. You guys go ahead and go already. I have to work.” I sighed at my little brother.

 

“Oh you’re no fun Teukie-hyung.” Ryeowook was pouting. Again.

 

“I know, I know. I’m sorry Wookie.” I just sighed. I couldn’t help it that I can’t go because I have work.

 

“Are you sure hyung?” he asked one last time.

 

I’m sure Ryeowook. I’ll go next time, I promise.” I smiled at him.

 

He gave me a look and then nodded, grabbing his coat.

 

“See you later Teukie-hyung!” he hollered before slamming the door the door.

 

I sighed in relief and collapsed on the couch, glad that he had believed me. It wasn’t that I had lied to him, I really did have work, I just didn’t want him to know where. You see Ryeowook and I lost our parents about 4 years ago. As the oldest I decided to find a job and make sure that Ryeowook finishes school. This year he is a junior in high school while I’m a senior in college so we are about 6 years apart.

 

I work at a pretty popular night club called ‘SM”. Don’t ask me what it stands for because even though I’ve worked there for years I still don’t know what it means. Anyway I’m the bartender and occasional entertainer. Tonight my shift starts at 8. Glancing at my watch I saw that it was almost 7. Time to get ready then. Getting up I walked to my room and quickly changed into my uniform; black slacks, white button up shirt, black button up vest, and black shoes, black tie.

 

I checked myself in the mirror and fixed my hair up a bit before grabbing a black coat and heading out to my white BMW. Just as I stepped out the door something wet landed on the tip of my nose. Looking up I felt something else land on my cheek. Rain. Great, just great. I love driving in the rain; you can’t see 5 ft. in front of you and everyone is an idiot on the road. Yep, my favorite driving conditions. Not.

 

 A flash of lightening streamed across the sky and the sound of thunder crashing split the light pattering of the rain on the house and ground.

 

I cursed inwardly and quickly started my car and quickly took the street that lead to the nearest access road and jumped onto the highway hoping to, for once, miss the traffic.

 

 Of course my luck isn’t that great. By the time I arrive at work it’s already 7:43, 17 minutes before my shift starts.

 

“Hey Leeteuk you’re here early.”

 

I turned to see my friend and co-worker, Jae, coming out of the lounge and heading for the door.

 

“Yeah, it started to storm so I decided it would be best to go ahead and come before it got too much worse.” I smiled at him.

 

His face twisted at the mention of the word storm. Jae hated driving in the rain even more then I do so of course this just made his night.

 

“Great. Of course it had to storm. Oh well, guess I should head out. Oh! Just to give you a heads up, it is packed tonight. No clue why, it just is.” He warned and then disappeared out the door.

 

Hm. That is odd. It isn’t usually deserted but it is certainly never very crowded here. I mean it’s popular so there are people here all the time but they never seem to come at one time. There must be something going on tonight.

 

I looked in the mirror and checked my suit to make sure it didn’t get wrinkled or messed up during all the time between when I put it on and now. I was nothing special in my eyes. Light brown hair that fell to my shoulders  with my bangs swept to the side, pale skin, not sickly pale but still pale, black eyes, the normal.

 

The bar was the best part of the club to work at. It was spaced out well and dimly lit by the blue neon lights that surrounded the shelves. The rest of the club was hot, crowded, dark and not fun to be in for me so the bar was perfect.

 

I was mixing drinks for the usual customers when out of the corner of my eye I saw someone at the end of the bar I’d never seen before. He was wearing a very nice suit, must have cost more then I have made in all of my years working here combined, nice buttoned up red dress shirt with a black dress jacket and slacks. He was tall, broad, with brown hair cropping his face and I could see his brown eyes looking at me. A friendly smiled played out on his full lips and I smiled back at him. Something about him drew me to him.

 

“What would you like?”

 

“Gin, watered down please.”

 

“Of course, coming right up.” I smiled at him and went to fetch his drink.

 

I quickly returned with his order and placed it in front of him. “Thanks.” He smiled and took a sip of it.

 

“First time here?” I had worked here a while but I’d never seen him before.

 

“That obvious?” His eyebrows shot up but he wore a sheepish grin on his lips.

 

Adorable!

 

I shook my head and chuckled. “I’ve worked here a few years and I’ve never seen you here before.”

 

“Really? How long?”

 

“Hmm… almost 4 years I believe.”

 

“No way, you don’t look a day over 19!” he gaped.

 

I smiled. “I’ve been working here since I was 19, I’m 23.”

 

He seemed to process this information before looking me over. “I would swear you aren’t over 19.”

 

I laughed out loud at that. “Well what about you? You can’t be too much older then I am.”

 

He simple smirked at me and leaned forward, “27 going on 28 in a month.”

 

I felt my mouth drop open and my eyes widened. No way. This man was not 27! I am not buying it! He doesn’t look over 24. Hell 25 even seems to stretch it!

 

“Nu-uh.”

 

He smirked once more and dug out his wallet, taking out his I.D. and handing over to me. I looked it over but this really didn’t prove anything. Even I could forge an I.D.

 

I gave him a blank look. “You do know how easy it is to forge one of these things don’t you?”

 

The man merely tossed his head back and laughed. His laugh was so rich and full, it made me want to hear more of it. To be with him more.

 

“It’s true, I swear it is!” He tried to calm down to regain some composure but he couldn’t help but still chuckle a bit.

 

I crossed my arms over my chest. “I don’t believe it.”

 

“Well believe what you want.” He smiled.

 

“I will.” I just smiled back. Damn this man was getting to me.

 

“A spunky one aren’t you?” he propped his elbow up on the bar and leaned his chin on his palm. His eyes were looking me up and down and I had to almost physically restrain myself from fidgeting under that gaze of his.

 

I could feel a blush creeping its way onto my cheeks but I fought it back.

 

“What’s your name?”

 

“Leeteuk.”

 

“Leeteuk…” I shivered as he tried out my name in that low, husky voice of his, “it suits you.”

 

“And what might your name be?” I leaned towards him.

 

“Kangin.” He stated.

 

I looked him up and down, yep it suited him perfectly. Strong, muscled arms, air of authority, broad, everything about this man screamed he had power. I nodded my head in approval.

 

“Well, nice to meet you Leeteuk.” He stretched his hand out towards me and I took it. I could feel the calluses rubbing again my smooth skin, a hard worker it seems and not afraid to get down and dirty. His hard was warm and it fit perfectly over mine, it felt wonderful and I couldn’t but wonder if he felt like that as well.

 

He just stared at me for a second and he opened his mouth to say something when his phone rung.

 

He looked down at the caller I.D. and frowned, “I’m sorry but I have to take this, please excuse me.” he looked around for a place where he would actually be able to hear the other person.

 

“You can use the employee rest room in the back.” I whispered and grabbed his arm gently to lead him to the back. Once we got there he opened the door and then turned and smiled gratefully at me.

 

“Take your time.” I nudged him into the room. He nodded and went in and locked the door.

 

I went back to my station at the bar and began cleaning up a few random glasses when a man came stumbling over towards me.

 

 “Hey gorgeous, mind filling me up?” he slammed his glass down in front of me. I hated these kinds of guys, filthy drunkards.

 

“Of course sir. What would you like?” I kept my face neutral as I asked what beverage he wanted.

 

“How about you?” He smirked at me; I had to resist the urge to exclaim in disgust.

 

“I’m sorry sir but I’m working right now.” I walked over to get some whisky, which is what he smelled like. I filled his glass quickly but I could still feel his gaze lingering on me.

 

“You know you’re quite a looker. How about leaving with me when your shift is over?” He grabbed my face in his hand.

 

“I’m sorry sir but I’m not interested.” I growled at the man.

 

“Oh a feisty one! I love those.” He grinned and tightened his grip on my chin, pulling my face closer towards his.

 

“Would you please let go of me sir? You’re hurting me.” I tried to squirm away but the guy was strong and I          wasn’t exactly a weight lifter myself.

 

“Would you mind letting go of my friend?”

 

“Huh?” the man scowled at the newcomer.

 

Kangin!

 

“This is none of your business stranger so stay out of it.” The man grumbled and turned back towards me, “Now, where were we?”

 

“I believe he asked you to let go of him plus you’re hurting him.” Kangin grabbed the man’s shoulder.

 

He whipped around and threw Kangin’s hand off his shoulder. “What business is this of yours’ stranger? This is my guy and I’m going to get him so get lost!”

 

“He’s nobody’s ‘guy’ and from what I can see he doesn’t want anything to do with you so let him go.” Kangin’s eyes narrowed and his voice lowered.

 

“Oh yeah? And what are you going to do if I don’t?” the pig smirked at Kangin.

 

Kangin merely raised himself to his full height and width and glared straight down at the man, “Release him. I won’t ask again.”

 

The man studied Kangin, mentally weighing the pros and cons of this situation before wisely releasing me and slinking away to some dark corner.

 

I rubbed my chin in relief and looked over to smile at Kangin.

 

“Thank you so much. I couldn’t get him off me.”

 

“It was no trouble. I would love to stay here and chat but it seems I am needed at the office. How much do I owe you?” He smiled apologetically and grabbed his wallet from his pocket.

 

He gave me his card but I shook my heard, “On the house.”

 

“Excuse me?” he looked surprised, silly man.

 

“It’s free. I owe you for saving me plus I couldn’t take your money. I like you too much.” I grinned at Kangin who merely grinned back.

 

“Well thank you but now I feel like I am in your debt.”

 

“Oh please! You saved me, you don’t owe me anything!” I tried to shake him of his decision but he was a stubborn man.

 

“How about this, when is your day off?”

 

“Saturday.” I answered automatically.

 

“Okay then I will buy you dinner on Saturday, no arguments.”

 

He smirked at me and turned. “Are you working tomorrow?”

 

All I could do was nod dumbly.

 

He suddenly smiled. “Then I will see you tomorrow Leeteuk.”

 

And with that he left, leaving me behind blushing furiously and grinning like an idiot. I was going on a date with him and he was coming back just to see me tomorrow.

 

I feel so special. I can’t wait till that date of ours.

 

“I wonder where he’ll take me…” I smiled and hummed happily to myself as I began to clean up once again but my mind wasn’t on cleaning. Oh no, it was on that handsome man who had just asked me out and his plans for me.

 

Looks like my life just got a bit more exciting after all!