Jealousy

Jealousy

Flashback:

"MBLAQ in 5 minutes on stage!", said an employee of the transmitter to the five singers. With quick steps, MBLAQ went backstage and took their microphones. While they waited for their performance, they watched their predecessors, BEAST was performing "I Knew It" on stage right now. "The guys are really good.", said Joon in admiration. "Yes, they are also doing very well. I am pleased that the six have such a great success. ", G.O agreed almost maternal. Yes it was true, MBLAQ and BEAST were very good friends, MBLEAST was real. Seungho was listening to the conversation of Joon and G.O, who were talking excitedly about BEAST now. None of the three elders realized what was going on at the two youngest. Thunder was leaning against the wall, his head lowered. Mir joined him and looked at him with concern. "Cheondoong hyung? What's up? Are you feeling all right? ", asked the Maknae quietly, so that just Thunder could hear it. The person addressed looked surprised to Mir. "Hmm, I'm just having a little headache Cheolyong. Do not worry, it will be gone soon. ", Thunder tried to smile as he said this. "That's not true Hyung. I see it, how miserable you feel. What's wrong with you?", asked the Maknae determined. "Nothing but a headache..." muttered Thunder. He did not want to burden Mir with his problems.

 

Just when Mir was about to protest again, the 5 had to go on the stage already. They quickly put themselves in position, but the youngest did not let Thunder out of sight, still concerned. Shortly thereafter, "Run" started. The beginning was good, but then came the first verse. Mir rapped, as usual, but he immediately noticed how fragile the voice of his Hyung sounded, when he was rapping with him. Of course, Mir was worried about Thunder, after all, the two were very good friends with each other. But then came the second Verse. Again the Maknae rapped his lines, but after that he was surprised. Actually Thunder would have to rap now, but it was only the background music playing. Puzzled, he looked to his best friend. His eyes widened in shock when he saw his Hyung unconscious on the floor. He immediately ran to him and tried to wake him up. Panic rose in him. "Cheondoong hyung!", Mir panicked and shouted louder than intentional, as the music suddenly stopped. Shortly thereafter, the other members rushed to the two. The dark haired boy did not realize his environment any longer, tears welled in his eyes and he let go of Thunder only when the paramedics arrived. While the paramedics brought Thunder to the ambulance, Seungho took the Maknae in his arms. "Hey, calm down Cheolyong. Sanghyun is supplied. In the hospital he is examined first.", whispered the Leader calm into the ear of Mir, who is now shaking all over. "Come on. We go to the car.", demanded Seungho the shocked younger and directed him to the parking lot. There they all sat down in the van and the manager quickly drove off. Joon was sitting next to the manager while the youngest was sitting in the middle between G.O and Seungho. The 87 line tried to calm the Maknae, who just sat there, cried and his whole body was shaking.

 

When they arrived in the parking lot of the hospital, the Maknae already stormed past G.O and ran into the building. Seungho had difficulties to follow the other. The rapper was just too quick for him. Some time later Seungho came to Thunder's room. At the door he paused only once, because he had to take a deep breath and try to bring his heart rate back to normal speed. As he did so, he looked into the room. Thunder was sleeping on his bed, connected to some equipment, Mir stood besides the bed and wept, while holding the hand of the elders firm in his own hand. Slowly G.O, Joon and the manager came also. Together, the four watched their two youngest. Giving Mir a bit of time. "Are you the manager of Park Sanghyun?", the doctor asked suddenly. The manager nodded and then the doctor said: "Mr. Park had a nervous breakdown. We assume that it has to do with the stress of the packed schedule, too little sleep and little food. We want to keep him here two days for observation.", as the manager nodded understandingly, the doctor left. After several minutes of silence, the manager said to the members: "Byunghee, Changsun... We drive back to the dorm. You will stay there. I will pack a few things for Sanghyun and then come back here. Seungho you please watch out for Cheolyong."

(End of flashback)

 

Seungho remembered the incident two weeks ago, when he once again watched Thunder and Mir. Mir was in the hospital, never left the side of his best friend. Even after Thunder has been released, the youngest was inseparable from him. Every time he saw how close they both were, increased the jealousy in Seungho. Again and again he had to watch as his beloved hugged Thunder, they laughed together and were close in other ways. Seungho had long been in love with the country boy, but he had never told the youngest. MBLAQ were in their rehearsal room and just made a break. Thunder could still not really practice with them, but was always there as support. Seungho took a sip from his water bottle as he threw an angry look to the best friend of his crush. Mir sat next to Thunder and leaned against the elderly. The elder then put an arm around him. Seungho could not watch that stuff anymore and left the training room annoyed. All members looked after their Leader in confusion, as the training door closed behind him with a loud bang. With quick steps, Seungho went to get some fresh air. "This can not go on like this...", muttered the Leader to himself.

 

"I fully agree with you, Hyung.", agreed Joon, who had suddenly appeared alongside Seungho. Startled, the elder turned to face him. "Joon... what are you doing here?", he asked. "I could not see any longer the lovey dovey between Cheolyong and Sanghyun.", he shrugged his shoulders. Now the Leader was confused. "What do you mean dongsaeng?", he asked curious. "Well, I do not like that Cheolyong is so inseparable from Sanghyun. Since the incident 2 weeks ago, you cannot do anything with Sanghyun alone, so...", said Joon. Seungho nodded, he knew that Joon had fallen in love with Thunder. "I know you are out here for the same reason Hyung.", Joon took the Leader back from his thoughts. "What? Where ..? ", wanted Seungho to know now. "I've heard it, when you talked to Junhyung.", Joon said casually and thus elicited a sigh from Seungho. A few minutes the two stood silently side by side, looking straight at the people running around. But soon G.O came, too and brought them back to training.

 

After the dance training, which was fairly quiet, the boys had showered. Then they drove together to M! Countdown. Together they went into their locker room. Joon and G.O were styled, as they were the MC's today. Seungho, Thunder, and Mir on the other hand sat on the couch and looked around. Seungho's gaze drifted back to the Maknae, which made once again nonsense with his best friend. Quietly, he sighed. A knock on the door caught the attention of everyone. Quickly Seungho got up to open the door and see who visited them. It was Sandara, Thunder's sister. "Dara Noona. What's up?", asked the surprised Leader. "I wanted to talk with my dongsaeng, is that possible?", Dara asked smiling. Seungho just nodded and went back to the couch, while Thunder got up and spoke with his sister outside the room. Well Mir was bored now. He thought for a moment before he sat down next to Seungho. Without saying anything, he watched his hyung. "What?", the Leader asked slightly annoyed by the staring of Mir. The younger winced briefly. "I'm sorry Hyung …", he looked down as he sheepishly apologized. "Now that Sanghyun is not here, you come to me? Am I your stopgap? What are you actually thinking Maknae?", blurted Seungho out. He got angry as he looked at the dark haired boy in front of him. The youngest looked frightened, and with tears in his eyes. "But Hyung... What... ", began Mir, but Seungho interrupted him: "I will not be used by you! Don't I suffer enough because of you? You realize nothing!", all had assigned their attention to the two now. "What have I done Hyung? I just wanted to... ", Mir's voice broke and a tear ran down his cheek. Seungho rolled his eyes and left the locker room furiously. The Maknae stayed behind. He sat on the couch, pulled his knees up and clasped his arms around them. In order that the others should not see his tears, he put his head onto his knees. Of course, G.O and Joon knew that the Maknae was crying. They heard it anyways. G.O immediately went over to the young boy and took him into an tight hug. "Ssh. It's all right Cheolyong, I'm here. Everything is good...", G.O whispered reassuringly. G.O was the replacement of a mother for all the other members, especially for the boy from the country side. While G.O tried to calm him down, Joon signaled that he would go check on Seungho. The elder nodded before Joon was on his way.

 

It took forever until the Maknae had calmed down. While G.O and Joon did a great job as MC, Thunder had taken care of his best friend. Seungho was not found anywhere. Joon had not found the Leader anywhere. Even when they wanted to go back home to the dorm, he was nowhere to be found. Everyone tried to reach the Leader, but he never took the calls, not even by their manager. Beaten they drove home without Seungho. Seungho was with his best friend and the other members of BEAST. Together, they had spent the day talking about the situation. Junhyung had suggested to him, that he should apologize to Mir firstly, and after that he should say directly what he feels. Yoseob, Junhyungs boyfriend, agreed. He said that it would break Mir's heart. The MBLAQ Maknae never wanted to have a fight with anyone. Especially not with Seungho, because he was Mir's role model. And if Yoseob said that, he was right. After all, he was Mir's best friend. After a few hours Seungho thanked and left the BEAST dorm. However, he did not go home directly, but to a bar where he drank a few beers before he ran back to the dorm. Seungho always had a low alcohol tolerance, and thus was already pretty drunk. When he arrived at the dorm, all the lights were off. As quietly as possible he took off his jacket and shoes before he sneaked into the bedroom. He quickly grabbed a couple of comfortable clothes before he went into the bathroom. Actually Seungho had expected that all members were asleep, after all, it was the middle of the night.

 

When he opened the bathroom door and just walked in, he did not notice that Mir huddled on the floor. The Leader had just put his fresh clothes on the washing machine and wanted to change his clothes, when he heard a quiet sobbing. He quickly turned around and looked in the direction from where the sobs came. When he saw his crush there curled up, his heart ached. He slowly walked over to Mir. "Cheolyong...", his voice was quiet, he did not want to wake the other members up. When the younger one recognized the voice, he winced and immediately began to shake. Seungho knelt down beside him. "Cheolyong, what's wrong?", he carefully placed a hand on his shoulder, but the youngest stepped back and began to tremble more. Seungho's heart broke with this action. "What's the matter?", asked the Leader concerned. Slowly Mir sat up. "Leave me alone...", he muttered, thereby suppressing the tears. He wanted to get up quickly, but his body was too weak and he threatened to fall. Seungho hastily got up, get rid of all the effects of the alcohol and he supported the Maknae. He immediately pulled the other into his arms and looked at the younger. "Now please tell me what's going on.", Seungho's voice was soft. Then Mir lifted his head and looked directly at Seungho. His eyes were red and swollen, he had been crying a lot. "You're so mean Hyung! You have to actually tell me what's going on! You have just yelled at me like that!", spat the Maknae. The whole time he tried to free himself out of Seungho's arms, but Seungho strengthened the embrace even more. "Cheolyong... I'm so sorry... I did not want to shout at you. I do not know... It was just all too much.... ", sighed Seungho. "I don't want to hear all that!", as Mir said it, the tears began to run again. Sighing emphasized Seungho wiped away the tears. "You go to my room and wait for me there. I just quickly put on other clothes and then we clarify this.", said Seungho leader like. With puffed cheeks the youngest left the bathroom and did what Seungho had "ordered". Meanwhile, the Leader changed quickly and threw the worn clothes in the hamper. Then he went into his room and sat down next to Mir on his bed. "I'm tired, so let's make it fast.", Mir said, barely audible. Seungho looked at him, seeing that Mir only looked at his hands. Seungho gathered all his courage. He pulled the Maknae into his arms. With his forefinger he lifted his face, thus forcing him to look at the Leader. Seungho looked deep into the eyes of the Maknae, who held this view. "I'm so sorry Cheolyong! Really. I'm terribly sorry that I yelled at you so. But I just could not hold back. All the feelings came up. I know that is no excuse, but I could not control my feelings.", revealed the elder to the younger one. Mir showed no emotion in his facial expressions. Even his swollen eyes betrayed no single spark of emotion. "What feelings came up Hyung? And what do you mean by that, that you were my stopgap?", the youngest asked harshly. Short Seungho had to think how he should confess his feelings best. For a second, he his lips before he began to speak: "Well then... How shall I explain? I always knew that Sanghyun is your best friend and you always do a lot together. But since his accident... I do not know you were just inseparable. You have no idea how deeply you two became since then. One could have thought, you are truly a couple. That thought just drove me crazy. And then, when Sangyhun spoke with Dara Noona, just then you came to me. Before, the others and I seemed not to exist at all for you anymore. That's why I was so angry. I did not want to be your replacement for him and then to be dropped after wards... ", was Seungho's sheepish reply. "Were you jealous?", asked Mir promptly. A little irritated by this direct question, Seungho noticed his cheeks were getting red. He felt caught, and only nodded slightly. "Do you like Sanghyun? Do you love him?", the youngest now asked sadly. The elder looked at him now. "No! I'm not in love with Sanghyun!", defended the Leader himself. "Why then were you jealous?", the Maknae wanted to know curious. "Because I love YOU!", blurted Seungho out. Mir's eyes widened. Only a few seconds later Seungho realized what he had just said and looked away quickly. A few minutes passed and the silence between the two was always unpleasant.

 

Mir did not like this silence. "Why have you never told me this earlier?", he wanted to know. Seungho sighed. "I was afraid that you do not feel the same. I did not want to get our friendship in jeopardy and thus jeopardize the band. As a Leader I should make harmony, which I did not so well today... ", mumbled the elder. "You fool!", Mir said annoyed now. Surprised that the Maknae was so disrespectful to him, Seungho looked at him. Mir's face was just inches away from his. The Maknae saw the Leader in the eye. "You are a big fool! You should have clearly told me before, then everything would have been different.", he condemned the elder. The Leader was going to say something about it, but it did not happen. Quick as a flash Mir had overcome the centimeters and gently sealed the lips of the Leader with his own. A few seconds Seungho did not know what to do, but then he closed his eyes and kissed back. The kiss was loving and affectionate. Slowly, the two broke away from each other. But only a few inches separated the two. "Hyung... I love you too.", muttered Mir, as he clung to his Seungho. Seungho smiled and hugged Mir. "Glad to hear that.", as he said this, he lay in his bed and pulled his crush gently with him. Mir quickly covered himself and his loved one with a blanket. "Does this mean we...", wanted Seungho to know now. He watched the younger one. Mir was snuggled up to him, his eyes had closed. "So sometimes it seems to me like I was the older one of the two of us Hyung.", murmured the Maknae and grinned. Seungho rolled his eyes. He slowly closed his eyes and tried to sleep, not awaiting any answer from the Maknae today. Suddenly Mir gave Seungho a kiss on the cheek. "If you want, then we are happy to be together.", he whispered. Seungho nodded and whispered: "I would find that really beautiful.". "Then that would be clarified. Sarang hae Seungho.", whispered Mir and fell asleep shortly thereafter. "Sarang haeyo yeobo.", whispered Seungho before he fell asleep, too.