01

Can't You See Me?

"Sulli! Yah Choi Jinri wake up!" -- shouted.

I got up and opened my eyes and saw my best friend, Taemin smiling at me. WTF? What is he doing here? How did he get in?

"Yah Lee Taemin, who let you in here? There's no one living in this house except for me." I asked him.

"No one. I let myself in." He smiled cheekily.

"What? How did you get in?" I asked him with curious eyes.

"Ta-da!" He showed me a key.

"Is that a key to my house? How did you get this?" I snatched the key and stared at it.

"I duplicated your key." He answered me simply.

I sighed. "Taemin, you can't just barge in my house without my permission, you know."

"Why? Am I not welcome in your house anymore?" He pouted.

"It's not like that. All I'm saying is, privacy."

"Why? Are you hiding something from me?"

"No. But w-what if I was n- then you come right in and see me like that." I tried to argue with him.

"Then I'll do this..." He went closer and closer.

I took a few steps back until I fell on my bed. I looked at him with wide eyes, scared of what he might do. He crawled on top of me and pinned me. He leaned closer to me.

"T-taemin what are y-"

"Shhh" He cut me off and stared at my lips. He leaned closer and closer, aiming for my lips.

I closed my eyes, waiting for his lips to touch mine. I can feel him getting closer. I was expecting to feel his lips on mine but I felt something on my forehead. I opened my eyes and saw him kissing my forehead then he stood up, smiling at me. I can feel my cheeks burning and I'm trying hard to hide it.

"W-what was t-that for?" I stuttered.

"Morning kiss for my beautiful best friend! Now go and shower up. We're gonna be late for school."

I hurried to go to the bathroom not because I'm scared of being late but because I don't want him to see me blushing. I took a quick shower and wore my uniform. I went down and looked for Taemin.

"Taemin? Where are you?" I was looking for him.

"In the kitchen!" He shouted.

I ran to the kitchen and saw him sitting on the dining table while grinning like a child.

"Let me guess, breakfast?" I asked him, knowing the answer.

He nodded his head vigorously and I chuckled.

"Aigoo, okay."

So this is basically our routine every morning before going to school. He fetches me, eats breakfast with me. He doesn't like eating breakfast at their house because he's mad at his mom. Ever since his dad died, his mother always takes home a guy she met in a bar. Actually, he doesn't go home often. He always stays here in my house and we would study together. He even sleeps here sometimes, of course in a different room. It's like he considers my house his home. Now you know why he's my best friend. He's also like my brother but my feelings for him is just different.

"Are you done eating? Let's go!" He stood up and grabbed my wrist.

It was a silent walk to school until he broke it.

"Jinri, can I ask you a favor?"

"Sure. What is it?" I asked him, waiting for his answer.

"You know..." He answered me shyly.

"What?"

"It's the favor that I usually ask you to do."

"S-suzy?" I mumbled, hoping that's not the answer.

I looked at him and he nodded. *sigh* Of course, it's Suzy. It has always been Suzy. Taemin has always liked Suzy ever since she transferred to our school. Ever since that day, Taemin always asks me to make a way for them to become close since Suzy is my classmate. Of course, the stupid best friend I am, agrees to do it. How can I say no to him? I can't even stand seeing him cry because of his mom. I can't stand seeing him in pain so I made a way to make them close even if it really hurts me. Whenever Taemin and Suzy are together, it really hurts my hurt but I still smile for him, knowing that he's really happy with her. What can I do if his happiness is my sadness? If you love someone, you would do everything to make them happy even if the pain might kill you, right? I'm such a fool, right? It's okay, I will always be a fool as long as being a fool will make him happy.

"S-sure. What do you want me to do?" I asked him.

"Well, I want to ask her to be my g-girlfriend tonight."

WHAT? Did I hear it right? I suddenly felt a weight dropped in my heart. I clenched my fists tight, trying to stop my tears from falling.

"Really? I-isn't it a bit t-too early?" I stuttered and my voice was kinda shaky.

"We've already been friends for so long, thanks to you, so I don't see a reason why not. So will you help me?" He pleaded with his puppy eyes.

I let out a nervous chuckle.

"O-of course I will! Don't worry, I'll prepare you guys a dinner tonight. Leave it all to me." I gave him a reassuring smile. Of course, it's a fake smile. I hide my feelings pretty well, that's why he still doesn't know anything.

"Awww thanks ssul! You're really the best best friend ever!" He hugged me tightly and my tears finally fell.

I quickly wiped my tears when he broke the hug and we went to school.

--

Hey! I finally made a chapter!

Did you like it? I hope so haha.

Please give lots of love to my story ^^