The new members

Immortal Crime [Hiatus]

My first time investigating a case on my own in this police station and the police chief troubled me with new members - as if I had nothing else to do as to train some stupid kids how to be an police officer. But, well, there they were, standing shyly in my office looking down except for one person who looked me straight in the eye - he immediately made me hate him.

"So, you're the new ones?"

"Yeah. I'm Choi Jonghun. That's Lee Hong Ki, Lee Jae Jin, Choi Minhwan and Song Seung Hyun. Nice to meet you. And your name..? Must be as beautiful as you are." he said.

"you. And to say this in the beginning if you go on flirting like this I will let you feel what hell is. Dismissed." I said harshly and after they didn't go I pointed at my door. As I said they must be stupid. When they finally managed to get through the door I sighed and just wanted to immerse myself in work as the door opened again and Lee Hong Ki - when I am right - said:

"What are we supposed to do?"

I thought about it.

"There is some help needed with the autopsy with Hee Joon - one of you help him, the others clean up and some other one help Min Ho, okay? Oh, you can copy these."

I pointed at a huge pile of paper near the door. His eyes widened and he took the top papers and disappeared. I heard as he told the others and they sighed and moaned afterwards. As they grumbled stuff what wasn't nice anymore, I stood up, opened the door and said:

"If you don't want to make such things you are not suitable for being an police officer. 80% of work is paper work, that's why we are called officers."

They were quiet at once and did their job. I sat down at my table and looked at my first own case.

It was about a murderer who killed men by beheading them. But Hee Joon found out something interesting - all the victims had low iron levels - not only through the blood loss due the beheading, he told me that they were all nearly dry - of course not in these words but I knew what he meant. A vampire was out there blood of young men - she/he even healed the bite marks and beheaded her/his victims to lead no clue to a vampire. But I knew that it was one - I smelt it when I was at the crime scene, so did Min Ho. Therefor these facts were only a confirmation of what I already knew. But when the new ones came all my openness towards my colleagues had to disappear. First of all it wasn't even sure if they would stay in my team and the less people know I'm a vampire the better - Min Ho smelt it first of course - he's a vampire, too. But I had to tell Hee Joon as my old boss died and I became his replacement - he always wondered why I knew so much before he even started his autopsy. He was surprised and shocked, but he got a grip of himself and worked again.

Suddenly someone knocked at my door. "Dae?" I said exasperated. The boys came in and Jonghun told me that they disagreed on what each one of them should do..

"Don't you ever disturb me with such a triviality again. Who knows something about how to do an autopsy?" I said harshly.

"I know little bit." Minhwan said.

"Go to Hee Joon and help him. And what can you all do then? Whatever it is help Min Ho. And one of you stay here and copy this for me, please." I ordered. Jonghun stayed here and began to flirt with me again as I said:

"If you wanna flirt go to a club or something. This is your future workplace and if you want to live in peace, stay quiet and do your work."

Finally he stopped and left my room with some papers and as I wanted to immerse myself in my case again Min Ho barged in.

"Did you also see how low the blood level was when the men were found?" he said straight forward.

"Yeah, and I guess you also suspect a vampire. I know already."

"But did you also noticed that the s of the newest victim were cut off?"

I looked in my papers again and shook my head. "No, I didn't. What could that mean?"

"Maybe some woman was really angry about this man?" Jonghun suddenly said. He must have sneaked in.

"You are finished?"

"With the first papers, yes. Could it be, Min Ho?" Jonghun said.

"It's possible but don't you think that we can solve this case without the opinion of an amateur?" Jonghun shrugged with his shoulders, took some other papers from the pile and left the room.

"He didn't hear us saying vampire - his heart beat was completely normal." Min Ho said.

"As if I don't hear such things. All right. See if you can find out anything else."

"Yeah, I try. You, too."

"Yeah if I lock my door I will be able to find something, otherwise there will be too many disturbances." Min Ho just grinned and left my room. I sighed and got back to work. As the day drew to a close I hadn't found out anything and so did Min Ho, the trainees and Hee Joon. I took my leave and just wanted to enter my car as Jonghun ran towards me and said:

"Can you take me to the next underground station, please?" I raised my eyebrows and shrugged.

"If you're a quiet and say nothing, yes. But say something and I'll throw you out of the car." He nodded and sat down at the front passenger seat. I entered my car discontented. It was quiet and because I couldn't stand the silence any more I the radio. I nearly forgot that he was sitting next to me as he suddenly exclaimed:

"Stop! There it is! Thank you!" I stopped and he got off my car. I saw him going to a woman and talking to her. So it wasn't only me, the whole women's world was cursed by his excessive flirting. I mean as a vampire you are attractive to everybody because you need to be - it was only natural selection - if you weren't there would be no food. I stepped on the accelerator and drove off. When I was home I immediately went to my refrigerator and took out on of my favorite blood bags - the AB negative. I only can drink this kinda blood once a year because it's so rare especially in Asia. But it was so delicious! I sat down on my armchair and drank a little bit of it after I heated it to 37°C. That's always a little difficult because when you make it only a little to hot you can't drink it anymore and too less tastes not that good. But whatever I just sat down at my beloved armchair as my telephone rang. It was Min Ho.

"Yes?"

"I have an idea. Why don't we go out and party? Don't tell me that you just wanna watch TV tonight."

"That's what I planned. Convince me. Then maybe I'll come."

"You have to forget your work for tonight and doing that in front of your TV will not help you at all. And if you drink alcohol alone it's only pitiful. Please, I don't want to go clubbing alone!" I rolled my eyes. "I heard that! Oh, come on, it's going to be fun."

"Well, okay. But you have to pick me up, okay?"

"Yeah. See ya soon." he said and hung up. The next second my door bell rang. I sighed and pushed the electric door opener. I heard a buzz and opened my flat door as I went to my closet to change into something that didn't scream 'I'm home and share my sleeping suit with everybody'. As somebody walked through my door I froze. It was someone with a beating heart and I smelt his scent before: Jonghun. Behind him were the others: Hong Ki, Jae Jin, Minhwan and Seung Hyun.

"Hi. Min Ho told us to get you. Wow. You look so y tonight!" Jonghun said. I raised my eyebrows and then I saw Min Ho. He grinned. I gritted my teeth and told them all to come in. Then I went to my bathroom and put on some make up. I locked the door for being able to do that in super speed without making anyone who accidently opened the door wonder why I'm so fast. Two minutes later I was finished. Not faster becsuse if you comb your hair in super speed, it will only make you hurt and loose half of your hair. As I went out every face turned towards me - except for Min Ho`s who had seen this many times.

"Are we going, then?" Min Ho said. I nodded and we went out. The others stood up and ran after us. Someone fortunately closed my door. As we reached a club - it was full of people their age - I felt a little inappropriate in the middle of college girls and boys but the others thought it was just fine. I sat down at the bar and Jonghun immediately sat down next to me.

"You know that you are the iest woman in the whole club, do you?"

"Could you please look into my eyes when you are talking to me? And stop smirking." I said. I'm really brilliant at playing the innocent.

"Oh, yeah, of course." he said and went on flirting. I drank and drank and drank and he also, so after a while he was so full that he fell asleep. I got an idea and carried him home. As I were out of the club I ran towards my flat (nobody was at the streets anymore and I was so fast that even sober eyes couldn't see me anymore). When I was in my bedroom I placed him at my bed and took off my makeup. Then I stared at his neck and my lips. I a little blood - it tasted like alcohol mixed with his blood (A by the way) but kinda good. Unfortunately it would be the last time that I drank it. I felt a little disappointed. After I the bite marks, they vanished and I took on my sleeping suit and went to my couch. I closed my eyes and switched off my ears - you could say I fell asleep but it's not like that - you can't dream in this state. I haven't sleeped for a long time now. And my current police station was the even I don't know anymore what number it was. If you don't age it's not really suitable to work as an police officer but it's the only work I knew and want to know. It's kinda my hobby. I really have enough money for more than a lifetime now but what should I buy with it? Blood bags are not that expensive - okay except for my beloved AB negative. Then my brain stopped working.