Final

Happy Belated Birthday

“Wake up honey, wake up!” 

“Fany, I like you too!”

“I said WAKE UP!!!!”

I had shot up from my bed. The sharp piercing voice of my mom had waked me up from a sweet dream. I just dreamt of Krystal confessing of me!

I’m TaeYeon, a normal eighteen teenager who had a crush on my best friend. And, she’s called Tiffany. She was my schoolmate. We met each other through school events. At first, we didn’t know each other existence until we involved in a project of helping old folks. Since then, we start chatting with each other on social network and now, we’re best friend. However, I wish we will more than best friend…

“Stop day-dreaming and prepare for school!” said Mom as she went out of my room.

That’s indicated a brand new day had started. I went to shower and picked a causal outfit. 

“Perfect,” I said to myself as I’m looking at the mirror. After styling my hair, I went to the dining area for breakfast. 

“Good Morning, Dad” 

“Morning Tae, shall I drive you to school later?” said Dad, he always care a lot about me as I’m his only son. To him, I’m just too precious.

“No thanks, I met Tiffany. I’m leaving!”

As I bid goodbye to my parents, I had make my way to Tiffany house. When I reached, I give her a text that I had arrived. 5 minutes later, Fany had walked out of the lift. 

“Hey, Tae!” She greeted me with a hug.

“Hi, fany” Fany was a nickname that I gave her since I thought calling her Tiffany will be too formal. 

And then, we had walked to college since it’s just a 15 minutes journey.

Times had past and the bell that indicated lesson ended had ringed. 

As I packed my bag, I heard a familiar voice called me.

“TaeYeon!” There goes my god-brother, SooYoung.

“What’s up” I said as I gave him a fist-bump.

“Wanna to do a cover of Derrick Hoh?” he asked. 

“Sure” I forget to mention that I had a hobby of doing covers of singer and produced my own songs. I always wanted to be a successful singer since young. I wanted to let the whole world to listen to my songs.

Two days later, the cover was done and put up on YouTube. Surprisingly, the response was well-whelming. Many people had praise our cover being so emotional. Well, I was thinking of Tiffany as I sang that song. 

Speaking about Fany, her birthday is arriving. And last year, I had promise to write her a song for her 18th birthday. Thinking about this, I had an urge to confess to her using this opportunity. Then, I had picked up my guitar and played a few simple notes. 

After a week, the tune of the song had formed. It’s now the lyrics. So, I had asked SooYoung for advice during the weekend.

“Soo, what do you think I should write for her?”

“Sigh, Tae, just writes whatever you want! Like ‘I love you, you love me, we’re happy family’! Oh, perhaps you could just use the lyrics of Barney song! Hahahaha”

“Quit it Soo, I’m being serious” I gave him a strict look.

“Okay, why not you just follow your heart? Or maybe you could write down your feelings for her during these years?” SooYoung said as he tried to suppress from laughing at his joke previously.

“Good idea! Thanks bro!” I said as I gave Sooyoung a pat on his shoulder.

“You’re welcome! Hope you could get your girl!” SooYoung gives me a thumb up.

With SooYoung advice, I had start writing down the lyrics. In order to not make me being distract and keep Fany in dark. I had not met her for two weeks. But, I didn’t expect that these two weeks had cause a dramatic change between us, or rather me…

One day, when I had reached college entrance, I saw Fany. However she’s not alone. Beside her was a guy which was pretty good-looking. After a closer look, I realize that he was Junhyung. According to rumors, he was a player outside collage. I wonder why Fany will be with him. Just when I was about to walk away, Fany called me.

“Tae!” She just gives me a smile instead of a hug.

“Hey, fany” Why she just gives me a smile? We always greet with a hug.

“Let me introduce, this is Junhyung. I think you know him; anyway, he’s my boyfriend. We had been dating for one week.” My heart had crash. My heart had shatter into pieces as she announced this to me. I feel like running away, but I can’t. I can’t make Fany being awkward between me and JunHyung.

“Hi Junhyung, I hope you treat Fany, I mean Tiffany well.” I said while giving him a forced smile.

“Of course I will, nice to meet you.” Said Junhyung with a smirk. 

“I got to go now. Bye Fany” I ran away after I said those words out.

“Remember our promise Tae! Three more days!” That’s what I heard from Krystal after I ran far.

For the whole day, I can’t be focus. I stared blankly at the whiteboard. 

“Tae, Tae, TaeYeon!” SooYoung was calling me while he shaking my arms.

“What?” I answer him

“Something happen?” This is what I liked about SooYoung; he’s always there when I had problems. And I’m really thankful to God to give me such a god-brother.

With a sigh, I told him everything. About Fany dating JunHyung and I feel like giving up on the song that was meant to Fany.

“Why don’t you just continue with it? It’s a promise that you made to her. If you break it, what do you think she’ll feels? She’ll definitely think that you don’t even bother about the promise between you and her. Just finished it, I believe Tiffany will know what’s the best for her.” Said Jonghyun.

He was right. I need to fulfill that promise no matter what. Hence I start to wrapped up everything, recorded the song and burn it into a CD. Thinking that It will be plain, I had decided to write Fany a letter. A letter of how I feel. 

Finally, Tiffany’s birthday had arrived. She had organized a birthday party and I was there with SooYoung. 

“Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to Krystal, Happy Birthday to you”


Everybody had sang the birthday song as Junhyung took the cake out. Fany was smiling brightly to him. How I wish she could smile for me like this. After Fany cut the cake, JunHyung had planted a kiss on her lips. I was shocked! My mind had gone blank. Tears are threatened to fall down from my eyes. I quickly excuse myself to the restroom. I realize that I had no chance anymore. Fany had slipped away from me. Then I decided to leave the party quietly without giving her the present. Later of that night, I had received a text from Fany.

“Why you leave the party without informing me?” 

I decided not to reply and deleted the message. I don’t care whether we’ll drift apart in the future. At this moment, I just want to escape from her. 

Times past so fast that I didn’t realize it had been one month since I last saw Fany. I had totally forget about her I guess.

Like a typical day, I was walking home from college. A man had approach me. 

“Are you Kim TaeYeon?” 

“Yes, I am. What can I do for you?”

“Hi TaeYeon, I’m Jack from “SM Entertainment”. We had heard the covers you did on YouTube. We were touched by your voice especially the cover of Derrick Hoh’s song. And we will like you and your friend, SooYoung, to join our company. This is my name card. I hope you will give me a call soon.” He said with a smile

I was shocked, is this even real? I couldn’t believe it. “SM Entertainment” was such a great company. 

“Okay, I will discuss it with my parents and give you a call.” I said to him

“Sure, but make it as soon as possible. SooYoung had accepted the offer. I hope to receive your call soon. Have a nice day.” Then, Jack had walked away and drove away.

After that, I give SooYoung a call.

“Soo, are you sure?! You’re accepting the offer?!” I raise my voice.

“Wow, relax Tae. Yes I accept the offer. It’s such a rare chance! What about you? Did you accept it?” He asked.

“Nope, I need to discuss with my parents.” 

“Alright, I hope we’ll able to debut together next time.” Said SooYoung. 

With that, he hangs the call. 

After I reached home, I had told my parents about the offer. They were very supportive and ask me to decide myself. 

“No matter what you decide, we will support you honey.” Said Mom and Dad. I gave them a hug and went back to my room.

After much consideration, I had decided to accept the offer. I was about to call Jack, but it was already 2.a.m midnight. Hence I decided to inform him later. 

The next day, I was again on my way to college. When I arrived the entrance, I saw Junhyung was with another girl. I was furious about it. How can he cheat on Krystal?! Although I drift away from Fany, but she’s still once my best friend. I had decided to ask him for the reason

“Junhyung,” I tapped his shoulder and speak in a monotone way.

“Hey, you’re TaeYeon right? What’s up?” he turned around and ask me

“We need to talk. Why did you cheat on Tiffany?” I said as I clenched my fist.

“Tiffany? Oh, during the one month when you didn’t meet her, she kept talking about you in every topic. I’m so sick of it so I dumped her.” He said with an arrogant tone. 

I was so angry that I gave him a punch. After that, I rushed to fany house and check up on her. 

“fany, fany! Open the door! I’m Tae!” I shout as I knocked the door. After several minutes, Fany had finally opened the door. She looks so pale.

“Hey Tae,” her eyes was red and swollen. 

“Are you alright? I knew what happen between you and him already.” 

She stayed quiet, and out of sudden, she broke into tears. I comfort her quickly.

“Hush, he’s not worth for your tears. You still have me” I said to her. It breaks my heart when she’s crying.

“I’m not crying because of him. I’m crying because of you! Do you know how much I suffered during this period of time when you avoided me? I had no motivation to do anything! Then I realize that I had fall for you. After Junhyung dumped me, I had realize everything. I realize that I need you!” She said that as she hit my chest and cried out loud.

After my mind had registered what Fany said, I embrace her and then pass her the CD which I always kept in my bag. 

“I like you too. This is actually meant for you. But, things don’t go well for me on your birthday party. Hence I had kept it. Happy Belated Birthday.” I said while hugging her

“Thank You.” She said and give me a peak on my lips.

“So, are we officially now?” I ask shyly and she interlocked our hand together.

Later on that day at Fany house, I had called Jack and declined the offer. Then, I had called SooYoung.

“Hey Soo, i had declined the offer. hope you could debut soon!”

“Thanks, but don’t you regret?”

“Maybe I will in the future, but now, I’m perfect with Fany by my side now”

I smile at Fany after saying that. I don’t care what will happen in the future, as long I had Fany now, everything is perfect. 

 

A/N : Hello guys! i'm a rookie here. So, this is my first time to attempt a TaeNy one-shot here. I had previously did some one-shot on Affxtion under the name YT` . So yeah, please comment! & pardon for my poor english and grammars. English isn't my first language.

For the cover i mentioned TaeYeon and SooYoung did, this is the song by derrick hoh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd2luSYfIIM&feature=fvwrel

he's damn talented. Hope you guys enjoy this song :)

Signing out~

 

YTisMiram