Hands and Lies Again

Cold Shoulders, Soft Heart

 

Two hours were spent by eating, talking, laughing, Minyoung dancing the crab leg dance and hacky sack and having fun. Grandma told stories about Minyoung’s childhood, which embarrassed the little girl and some of Onew’s awkward moments, much of his disappointment.

They left soon after they finished the food and cleaned the dishes. Minyoung was hesitatnt to let them go but Onew reprimanded her that they both had a busy schedule tomorrow and Jessica was probably tired. She promised though, to come and visit them soon.

He was less cold to her on their way home back home. He a lot talked about grandma especially Minyoung. It made her remember.

“Don’t you think she’s a little too young for you?” She asked, interrupting him while he talked about how cute Minyoung is when singing.

Onew looked at her oddly. “What?”

“Minyoung’s just a high school student. She’s better off as your dongsaeng.” She spoke, not looking at him. She was afraid that he would get pissed or something for getting in his business. She was just worried about his image and not a tinge of jealousy. Nope. No jealous girl here. Na-dah.

He couldn’t help but laugh out loud, as he walked her to her dorm, watching her strained expression, shaking his head. “She’s not my lover Jessica. Just a dongsaeng. I wonder what made you think she was my girlfriend.” He raised a brow at her when she looked.

“Well I –! Just because you guys acted like, oh I don’t know!” She shrieked, frustrated. Why did she even care? She wasn’t jealous.

“No, just save it.” He stopped walking, already in front of her building. She hadn’t notice they were already there; she wasn’t really paying attention to anything. Her focus was only on him.

 

“Goodnight Jessica. Thank you tonight – for coming with me.” His lips turned up at one side and he looked at her so sincerely, she felt so relevant to his life. She didn’t understand though, why he was thanking for. He tagged her along after all.

She was startled when she felt a warm hand on her cheek. His hand. On her cheek. She froze. There was a tiny tingling thing on her chest. Like a rush of adrenalin sending all this melt-y feeling all over her body. Her heart fluttered and jumped for… joy? Before she could even ask why he did that, his back was already facing her and slowly disappearing in to the night.

Jessica dreamt something good that night. Although she doesn’t really remember what it was, she definitely saw Onew’s face there. Only him.

 

Yuri sat next to Jessica, who was busy with her phone, at the back of the car while Seohyun, not listening to them, stayed in front on their way to the company building. They were going to practice singing there whereas the other six go to their individual schedules.

“Where did you go last night?” Yuri whispered.

“What’re you saying?” Jessica replied, yawning, pretending to not know anything. She promised Taeyeon no other member would find out. She would kill her if they do.

“I check your room around quarter to 11 but you weren’t there. Tell me where you went.” Yuri elbowed her. Fortunately, Seohyun wasn’t really interested and pulled out a book to read.

“I went nowhere. You must have been dreaming.” Sorry Yuri. I have to lie to you, she added on her head.

“YAH. You think I don’t know you’re lying?” The black-haired girl smirked and eyed her. “You clench your teeth when you lie. Don’t you know that? C’mon, tell me already.” She grabbed the blonde’s shoulders and shook her violently.

Does she really do that? Aish. If it wasn’t Yuri, she would probably get away with it. Jessica sighed and faked that she got busted. “Fine. I went to the convenient store.” Another lie. She hated lying to Yuri.

“What did you buy?” She asked suspiciously, raising her brows and crossing her arms.

What did she buy? “Ice cream.” She was so bad at this. It obviously sounded like a big fat lie.

“I didn’t see any wrapper at the trash earlier.” Yuri pressed more.

“I ate it on my way home.” Okay, that was her third lie. That was a very close call. What is it with the interrogation? Was she a criminal? Well, technically she is but the whole sneaking out was a different thing.

“I thought you were on a diet?”

“I couldn’t resist. I also bought napkins. You know, that time of the month.” The blonde wink at her and thought how finesse she was with this. She added the last part up so she wouldn’t suspect anymore. Menstruation is never a suspicious lie. Maybe that would shut her up.

 

But then again, she was talking with Yuri.

 

Yuri smirked and shook her head skeptically. “Tch. That’s your fourth lie. Do you seriously believe that you can get away with that? YAH!”

“We’re here~” Seohyun sang as she open the car’s door and step out of it, smiling brightly. The timing was such a perfect luck for Jessica. She quickly snatched her back pack and dashed off towards the building, hearing a loud ‘YAH SICA’ from behind. Great. She made Yuri mad. Now all she had to do was evade her for the rest of the day until she cools her head off. Hopefully, it would be that easy.

 

“Unnie!” She saw Krystal, walking and smiling towards her. She put her arm around her big sister’s waist. She did the same. “You’re here?”

“Yeah.” Jessica retorted, dragging her little sister’s body until they were nowhere near the entrance. Krystal, knowing her sister, laughed and thought it was one of her crazy antics again.

“What’re you doing here though?” Krystal asked.

“Just going to practice. You?” Jessica replied, looking around.

“I have a schedule. Waiting for Amber. She went to the bathroom.” The younger girl answered, fixing her clothes reflected on the window. She noticed Jessica looking around. “What’s going on?”

“Huh?” Was the only response the forever slow Sica gave. It took her some time before she realized what she was doing. Looking like an idiot and glancing around, she quickly said, “Nothing.”

Krystal checked her phone for the time and gasped. “I better go now Unnie. Amber must be waiting already. Bye!” She kissed the blonde on the cheek and gave her a hug before going on her way.

 

Jessica sighed in relief when Yuri was out of sight. She did not plan getting discovered. Not at all. If her memory was right, Yuri and Seohyun were supposed to be in the studio, practicing.

Okay. Better not go there, she thought as she head to the dance room. Music, a mix of electro pop and rap, was coming out from there so she assumed people were there. But who?

 

____

Author's Note:

I feel like this really short even though this is 4 pages in MS Word. LOL. Okay, not gonna edit it because I'm a lazy . Haha. I don't even know why you guys read my stories. XD

Starting from here I would give shout outs to different people! The first is...

GianGain!

Thank you for being my first reader and subscriber. You don't know how much I appreciate your first comment. Because of you I got a lot of views and subscribers. I hope for you to continue to support me in my following fics to come~ XD

lol again with the random picture~