Pills and Ideal Girl

Cold Shoulders, Soft Heart

 

 

“Sica-noona, I think you should take the medicine. You don’t want to push yourself too hard, right hyung?” Key nodded, placing the stuff animal he was holding on the foot of the bed. He elbowed Onew. He smiled and nodded. He thought of an idea by then and well, he was sure she wouldn’t refuse taking the pill.He elbowed Taeyeon and took the pill from her hands. She was surprised at first but she understood and gave him the pill. He smiled and stood next to the sick patient.

“Aah~” Onew opened his mouth to demonstrate, giving her a serious guise.

Jessica stared at him bewildered. Again, he surprised her with the sudden change of heart. He was so bipolar. First, he was ignoring her but now; here he was, feeding her the medicine she would never ever take. What was his problem?

She shook her head, rejecting it. “No.” 

“Jessica.” He called her. Her heart fluttered on her chest rapidly as she drowned on his deep, brown eyes. The way he said her name made it look like it was her real name. Not Su-yeon but Jessica. No formalities just familiarity.

He smiled and sat on her bed, patting her hand. His touch made her shiver. It was so warm. “How about we make a deal?”

A deal? What kind of deal? Interesting. She eyed him and nodded.

“You take the pill and I’ll take you somewhere.”

Like a date? “Where?”

“I’ll tell you after you consume this.” He said, holding the pill between his index finger and thumb.

She didn’t like surprises. But it sounded tempting. He was tempting. “How would I know if it’s real?”

Taeyeon interrupted, shaking her head disapprovingly. “No, no. Not gonna happen. Yah Onew, what are you doing? Our manager will kill her – me, if you take her somewhere. Do you wanna die?” She threatened, eyes getting bigger.

“It’s okay. I know what I’m doing.”

Taeyeon bit her lip still unsure if she should approve or not. “You’re dead if you get caught.” She pointed at Onew and then at Jessica.

He smiled at the other kid leader. “Arasou. So, are we settled?”

“Wait. Tell me whe-“

Too late. Onew already fed her the pill and grinned. Jessica was surprised, but since it was already on , she decided to take it.

 

Eventually, Jessica took the pill, shocking Taeyeon and Key. It was an interesting turn of events. She couldn’t believe that she was bribe to take it. Who knew, Jessica Jung had a soft spot on Onew?

It intrigued her – her prize for taking the med. He didn’t exactly say what it was, just told her to meet him on Friday after Music Bank.

She sneaked out of course. If the others (especially the company) found out she’d be meeting with someone so late, they would be extremely upset at her and Taeyeon for consenting. She made sure to wear something warm (fall was coming) and not anything too fancy to disguise herself. No one would want to cause a stampede (or more importantly a scandal) at such a late hour. Grabbing her black Prada pleated purse, she ducked out the door, and her long blonde hair tied in a ponytail, before anyone sees her.

They decided to meet inside a small café near her dorm. People recognized her there (mostly ahjummas and ahjussi) but they just waved at her. She smiled and bowed at them shyly.

Onew arrived minutes later, sporting casual attire and looking like he ran straight there. His excuse for being late was helping Taemin with his homework.

“Where are we going anyway?” Jessica asked while waiting for their to-go coffee. It felt awkward to look him in the eye so she fiddled with her phone instead. He did the same.

“Somewhere downtown. Near Chongno.” He said.

They didn’t speak again afterwards. She guessed his attitude towards her were still the same? When their coffee arrived, he grabbed his, stood up and rushed out with her following behind quickly. They took a cab.

“What’s in Chongno? Do you know anyone there?”

Onew nodded. “Yeah, we’re visiting someone.” He was busy with his phone again, pressing the keys using both his hands. He was too immersed to even notice that she was already peering to check what he was so focused at.

Minyoung. She managed to read the name he was replying to. A girl’s name. Who was she? His girlfriend perhaps? Were they going to his girlfriend’s house? But why did he even want her to tag along? What the hell?

“Please drop us near the light post on the corner.” Onew directed, pointing here and there. When they came to a stop, he paid the bill with a smile. “Thank you ahjussi. Be careful on your way home.”

The ahjussi laughed heartedly and waved at them before going on his way. Now he was being kind to a stranger. Great. Now she was the only one who he disliked.

They started walking on a narrow street where the light post was. They discontinued when they reached a small building, made of red bricks and covered with different kinds of graffiti. It was the kijnd of neighborhood you wouldn’t want your kids in. Is this where her girlfriend lived?

“Oppa!”

Both turned around when a girl in ponytail appeared from behind, grinning like a little kid. She was carrying a plastic bag from a convenience store. She looked young, bright and innocent unlike her. Her expectations on Onew’s ideal girl dropped.

“Oh, you came with someo-“ The girl gasped as the realization dawned in her. “Oh my god. You’re Jessica Jung!”

 

__

lol I'm posting random pictures.

Should I post the part where Onew feeds Jessica the pill? 

Kekeke. ;o