The Key Chain

No matter who you think it is, it's always me.
 

It's another new day in school, but the same things are happening as usual. The horde of girls crowd over a good looking boy, Kim Jongin, known as Kai and make a lot of noise-- so much that it annoys even the students who are usually loud and outspoken.

" Kai, you're so flawless, today! " a girl latches herself onto the boy. As she eyes them in disgust, Kim Hana walks past the crowd, her locker seemingly a large distance away. She barely makes it through and grabs her books, just in time for another crowd to arrive.

A few familiar voices could be heard, some irritated, " Coming through, " then another, " Move it. " an annoyed tone in his voice. Another horde of fan girls, including those who were previously crowding over Kai, rushed to the group of boys. " Ah- You look so handsome, today! " a girl squeals.

Hana sighs at the sight of the boys, ' Why is our school so messed up..? ' To her surprise, the familiar voice calls out to her. " Hana, wait for me! " The girl turns, seeing her childhood friend standing in front of her, Kim Yukwon. " Uh- Hey, Yukwon.. " she widens her eyes, slightly confused.

Kim Yukwon is one of the popular boys, as seen earlier. It makes Hana confused as to why he still talks to her despite being popular. ' I guess he's just incredibly nice that way.. ' she gives an awkward smile to him. Yukwon and his group of friends approach their lockers, grabbing their necessary stationary and books.

After a minute or two, Yukwon clings his arm to Hana's, dragging her off with a bright smile on his face. His friends simply give an embarrassed smile, while the girls at the back shoot daggers at her. " Why does she get to cling arms with him, while we don't?! " a girl hissed, loud enough for Hana to hear.

The lessons were boring as usual and nothing was to be expected from it. Hana sighs, impatiently waiting for the bell to ring. Answering her silent prayer, the bell rings, signalling lunch time. She jumps up from her seat, bidding the teacher goodbye and dashed off.

Hana has an obsession for food and by obsession, it is literally an obsession. If she doesn't eat during lunch, she'll have an attitude. With that, just as she was about to step out of the classroom, a person dashes past her, making her take a step back. Fortunately, thanks to that, she didn't get bombarded by a horde of fan girls.

" Kai! Kim Jongin, wait for us! " the girls yell, chasing him like mad. After the horde passes by, the corridor becomes incredibly silent. ' Kai, isn't it? ' Hana frowns, irritated. She walks out, accidentally stepping on an object to which a small crack is heard. ' What the-- Crap, I stepped on something, ' she looks down, nervously taking a step back.

To her relief, it wasn't anything serious. She crouched down, picking up the object to examine it. ' It's just a key chain, thank god. ' she exhales a small sigh. Upon further inspection, there were the letters 'K' and 'J'. ' Don't tell me... it's Kim Jongin-- Kai's?! ' she widens her eyes.

The familiar voice of Yukwon surprises her and she hurriedly shoves the key chain into her pocket. " Hana, do you want to eat with us? " The girl gives an awkward smile, nodding, " Su-Sure! Wait, with your friends? " she raises a brow at the group of boys behind him.

Yukwon nods, " Who else? " he chuckles. Immediately, she shakes her head, " N-Nope, it's okay! Besides, I just remembered I had something to do.. Um-- see you guys later, bye! " she runs off, leaving Yukwon and his friends in confusion.

Calming herself down, she walks to an empty classroom before sitting down in the corner. ' So, how am I going to return this back to him? ' she sighs, confused.

Somewhere else in the school,

Jongin runs in panic, taking a turn into a corner. He gasps for breath but the girls at the back continue squealing past all the classrooms and the boy was feeling anxious. He grabs his hair in frustration, ' How the hell am I going to lose them like this?! '

" Wait for us, Kai! " the girls yell out, making him run even faster. ' I swear to god, I only have Soojung in my heart! ' he yelps and quickly dashes into the cleaner's closet. The closet was pitch dark, but it was his only chance. He holds his breath, trying to calm down and the girls stop right in front of the closet, " Hey, where did he go? " a girl says, disappointed.

Another chirps in, " Aww, too bad. I saw him passing by here! Let's just go for lunch, " she sighs and the footsteps slowly fade away. A minute after, Jongin peeks from the little gap in between the door, confirming that there were no girls before he makes his escape.

He walks back to his classroom, noticing a girl sitting in the corner of the classroom beside his. ' Weird girl, sitting alone in the corner.. ' he raises a brow in confusion. He observes her fiddling with a key chain. ' Hey! That looks like mine-- ' he squints to see clearer, ' Nah, I don't think so, ' he shook his head, then walks off.

School ends with boring lessons that don't attract Jongin's attention, other than the thought of Soojung, his girlfriend. Jung Soojung is one of the popular girls and apparently, she's dating Jongin, one of the popular guys. What a great couple, they'd think.

The couple meet up at the gate after school and walk home together, gaining the attention of students nearby. The girls shoot daggers at Soojung and the boys curse Jongin under their breath as the couple interact intimately with each other.

He sends Soojung back home and waves her goodbye before making his way back home, heart light. Jongin digs into his pocket, pulling out his phone to check his messages. ' Something seems weird.. ' he stares curiously at his phone despite being used to seeing his phone for so many times. Tilting his phone around, he frowns, ' Is something missing-- The key chain! ' he widens his eyes in realisation.

' Don't tell me it is the one that girl was holding earlier.. ' he sighs, then ruffles his hair in frustration. ' Aish, now it's gone for good! It was from Soojung, too.. ' Jongin face palms himself, but decides to forget and not tell his girlfriend about it.