09

Notes from the Heart

 

CHORONG sent you an instant message.

Chorong: Woohyun ah!

Chorong: Woohyun aaaaah!

Chorong: Nam Woohyun!

Chorong: Yah you tree!

Woohyun: What?! I’m in crisis right now. I have only one life left.

Chorong: Forget your game for once and hear me!

Chorong: Yah!

Woohyun: OK I died. No thanks to you.

Chorong: You’re welcome. Now do I have your full attention?

Woohyun: Yes, I’m listening (reading). What?

Chorong: Well. Here it goes. Woohyun ah I’m going to die!

Woohyun: Uh, you mean you’re hungry?

Chorong: No!

Woohyun: You don’t know how to do your homework?

Chorong: No!

Woohyun: Then did the chickens go extinct because you ate all of their feet?

Chorong: No!

Woohyun: Then why are you going to die?

Chorong: This is serious! I went to the toilet just now, and blood was coming out.

Woohyun: Blood?! But why?!

Chorong: I don’t know. Woohyun ah I’m scared ㅠㅠ

Woohyun: You can’t die! I promised to take you to Disneyland and I haven’t fulfilled my promise!

Chorong: In case I can’t make it to Disneyland with you, please tell Dale his fan says hello.

Woohyun: But I don’t want to go without you. Don’t die Chorong ah ㅠㅠ

 

 

WOOHYUN sent you an instant message.

Woohyun: I got it I got it I got it!

Chorong: You got what?

Woohyun: It’s Friday tomorrow right? Let’s go to Disneyland.

Chorong: How??!

Woohyun: We’ll pretend to go to school like normal, but instead of going to school let’s go to the airport and we’ll go to Japan. Bring along clothes and toothbrush and your chicken shaped piggy bank (what do you call a chicken shaped piggy bank anyway? Chickenny bank? Chicky bank?), or if it’s too heavy, just bring what’s inside. You can’t bring along your teddy bear becos your umma will get suspicious.

Chorong: Call. I’ll meet you behind the school gate.

Woohyun: Whatever it is, don’t die before we arrive at Disneyland!

 

 

To my dearest umma and appa,

I am dying. I’m sorry to be dying so early but I am going to die soon. And my (and Woohyun’s) last wish before I die is to go somewhere together, so don’t stop us from going this time like you did for the past few years. In case I die before I get to come home, I am leaving behind my will. You can find it beneath this letter.

I love you! I’m sorry I eat a lot.

 

Your daughter,
Chorong

 

 

Park Chorong’s Will

 

All my toys excluding my favourite teddy bear are to be given to my best friend Nam Woohyun, along with my school books especially my English notes because he is bad at English (not that I’m good, but at least I’m better than him). Other than those things, my parents will receive everything else (it was their money after all). Oh yeah, please give Woohyun the light purple box inside my closet. Nobody is allowed to see the content other than him!

 

The one dying (probably dead by the time you read this),
Park Chorong

 

 

Dear Mrs Park,

In behalf of my son, I would like to apologize to you and your husband deeply from the bottom of my heart because Woohyun has caused another trouble to the two of you. I’m sorry that they ran away from home and attempted to go the airport yet again. Isn’t this the fifth time already? I’ve tried asking Woohyun where is it that they want to go so bad so many times but the boy wouldn’t spill the secret. Do you know about it?

Again, I am sorry about my son. I will make sure to teach him a good lesson so that this won’t happen ever again.

 

Best wishes,
Woohyun’s mom

 

 

Dear Mrs Nam,

Don’t worry, it’s not Woohyun’s fault! It’s just Chorong being the childish her. Chorong just got her first period! Can you believe it? She’s all grown up now! I think she freaked out seeing the blood and thought she was dying, so like always she went crying to Woohyun without asking me about it first. Will the two ever change?

About their secret plan, I’m afraid I have no idea what they have been plotting as well. Like you, I’ve tried asking Chorong but she’s just too stubborn and secretive. Hopefully it’s nothing dangerous?

Again, there’s nothing to be sorry about, so don’t worry.

 

Regards,
Chorong’s mom

 

 

CHORONG sent you an instant message.

Chorong: Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Woohyun: I’m never believing you again =_=