Chapter 2

Konoha Academy: A Naruto Fanfiction

 

I looked at my suitcase in undisguised anger. My clothes were on the floor around my bed and “Go away! No one wants you here!” was written inside my suitcase with a permanent marker. Sakura and Ino were nowhere in sight.

“Um, Naruko?” Hinata said hesitantly.

“It’s okay,” I said. She sighed, thinking I wasn’t angry at all. I was mad, but I wasn’t going to lie down and take it. Revenge was soon on its way for them.

The door opened and in walked Ino and Sakura, followed by two other girls. They were laughing as they walked in, but stopped when they saw me. They looked at the mess in triumph.

“I guess I should thank you for unpacking for me,” I said picking up my clothes, “but I don’t say thank you to stupid fan girls who play such childish pranks.”

“Look here new girl,” Ino said, “us girls don’t let anyone disrespect our Sasuke. So be prepared for the wrath of every girl in the school.”

“Oh I doubt every girl likes him,” I said looking briefly at Hinata. “And you only look pathetic. The guy obviously doesn’t like you, yet you do all of this for him.”

“Why you--” Ino said.

“Shut up,” I said as annoyance began to sink in. I gave them my deadliest one-eyed glare and they backed away in fear. “I’m sick of hearing your voice.”

“Who do you think you are? You're only new here. We run the school, not you,” Sakura said.

I dropped the clothes I was holding and walked their way.

“W-what are you doing?” Ino asked. I shoved her out of the way and left the room. If I’d stayed there any longer, someone would have been in the hospital by now.

I walked out of the building and into the cool night. I walked around aimlessly until I came to a garden. I sat on the bench crossing my legs and propping my face into my hands. I sighed unhappily as I stared off into space.

“Hey.” I was once again pulled away from my daydreams. I blinked and looked up at the cause of all my troubles. “You shouldn’t be out here.”

“Says who?” I asked coldly. This guy was the reason those stupid fan girls glaring at me and ruining my things. “Your face pisses me off.”

“What's your point?” he asked glaring at me. I stood up and got in his face.

“I really want to punch you. Do you know how much I’ve been glared at today because of you? Do you have any idea how annoying your stupid fan girls are?” I said angrily.

“You think you have it bad? Try dealing with them every freaking day. Do you know how annoying it is to have your name screamed over and over again every single day?” he said.

“Ugh, I can only imagine,” I said frowning. I looked at him and sighed. “Well, I guess I can’t be mad at you. I’d walk around with an annoyed look on my face all day if I had to deal with that, too.” I sat back on the bench, with Sasuke doing the same.

“What's your name?” he asked.

“Naruko.”

“Naruko…?” he mumbled to himself.

We were silent as we sat there. I couldn’t help but wonder about this guy. He came off as a major jerk, but now I could tell how alike we were. He was pretty hot as well. I straightened up and slapped myself. I refused to turn into one of those fan girls.

“I’m leaving,” I said getting up. I stretched and began the trek to my dorm. I stopped, realizing I had no idea how to get back.

“Lost?” Sasuke asked smirking.

“Yeah, I kind of am. You wouldn’t know how to get to the girl dorms, would you?” I asked.

“Believe it or not, I actually do,” he said. “Come on, I’ll show you.” I followed him, wondering if he was afraid to go near the girl’s dorm. It was a dangerous place for him to go there.

“You know, you can just point me in the right direction. It’s not smart for you to go near the girl’s dorm,” I said.

“Its fine,” he said without turning.

I shrugged and stared at his back while walking. He looked just as good from the back. I could see the outline of his muscles through his shirt. I wanted to reach out and touch them. He suddenly stopped, causing me to walk right into him.

“A little warning would have helped,” I said rubbing my nose.

“We’re here,” he said motioning toward the building. It was quiet and no one was out. I could see a few lights on. “See ya.”

“Yeah, see ya,” I said watching his retreating figure.

I made my way to my room through the almost empty halls. Sakura and Ino weren’t there. Hinata was on her bed reading, already in her pajamas.

“Oh, Naruko, you're back. I was worried you would get lost,” she said.

“Yeah, I had Sasuke show me the way,” I said. I undid my two pigtails and shook my blonde hair in place.

“Eh?! Sasuke did?” she asked a little surprised.

“Yeah, he’s a pretty cool guy,” I said smiling. The door opened and Sakura and Ino walked in. they were carrying shower caddies and were already in their pajamas. I ignored them as I grabbed my own caddy and headed to the shower room.

I let the hot water envelope me and take me to a faraway place. It took me to the orphanage, and to the happy times I had there. I remembered the other kids, and how they were more of a family to me than my foster family. I wished I’d stayed there instead of being adopted.

No one else was taking a shower when I got out. I made my way back to my room and instantly disappeared into my covers.