Let The Games Begin

Arc One: Never Let K-pop and Harry Potter Come Together

            An eleven year old girl with her mother and father stepped into Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions*. The curious girl looked around until she spotted a boy getting fitted by nothing but pins. She gasped as everything seemed to move around by themselves.

            “Welcome to Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions; who will we be fitting today?” A kind voice asked as she moved around to greet her customers. Geng moved to hide out of view behind her mother, but a small nudge by her father wouldn’t let that happen.

            “My daughter,” the woman said as she pushed Geng onto a platform next to the boy, allowing the witch to fit her daughter. The woman turned to Geng, “You stay here with BaBa okay? I’m going to go get your owl.”

The boy that was getting his robes fitted at that moment turned to watch Geng, but only to get scowled at by Madam Malkin.

            “Kim Heechul, if you move again—“

            “I know, I’ll be stuck with a pin! You’ve only told me that about a few hundred times.” The boy snapped at the woman before looking at Geng once more. “I’m Kim Heechul, you are?”

            “Han Geng,” Geng nodded as the pins started moving around her. Her eyes watched in interest as the pins floated about as they stuck to one place only to change directions as if they had a mind of their own.

            “I’m a pureblood. You know purebloods are the strongest witches and wizards out there, right? It’s because they’re not tainted by mudbloods,” Heechul snarled at the word itself. Geng saw her father twitch at the word and frowned.

            “That’s not a nice thing to say,” Geng said as she looked down at her robes. “Aren’t these a bit too big for me?”

            “The pins are doing their job, dear,” Madam Malkin smiled. “Just give it a few more minutes.”

Geng nodded and looked around the shop.

“What house do you think you’ll be in? I know I’m going to be in Slytherin; that’s where all the purebloods, well the cool purebloods—“

            “There you are, Young Kim! The robes are finished, do you want them to be sent to you?” Madam Malkin turned to Heechul’s mother as Heechul dropped the robes on the floor.

            “I’ll see you around, Geng,” Heechul smiled as he walked out of the store with his mother in tow just as Geng’s own mother stepped through the doors. In her hands two large soulful eyes stared at Geng as if it acknowledged that the young girl was its owner.

            “How is it, dear?”

            “Unbearably uncomfortable,” Geng frowned as the pins kept moving around her. Her eyes continued to stare at the tawny owl.

            “You do have a petite form, dear,” her mother smiled as she set down the cage. “Your owl, it’s a boy. You should name it before you go.” An eager nod was given, but a scold was shot at her from Madam Malkin immediately for fidgeting.

            “All done, Miss Han.” Madam Malkin smiled at her as she slipped off Geng’s robe before turning to her parents. “Will you be stopping by later?”

            “No, sadly, I’ll come by tomorrow to get it if that’s fine? Would it be alright if we ordered two robes for her right?” Her mother smiled at Madam Malkin. Geng kneeled in front of the cage of her owl as she smiled at it. Names floated around in her head as she tried to find the perfect one.

            “I know what to call you…” She softly murmured as the tip of her finger nudged in between the cage’s wires. “How does the name Talor sound? Do you like it?” An affectionate nip was given to her finger just as a trill of laughter fell from her lips. “I like it too.”

            “Of course, that will be four galleons,” Geng’s mother handed over the money and thanked Madam Malkin again before leaving with her family in tow. It was another week before Geng met Heechul again, but this time it was on the Hogwarts Express. Heechul and Geng were happily chatting with one another until a knock came on the window. A tall boy stood in the doorway with a nervous smile etched on his face.

            “Can I sit here? Everywhere else is full,” The tall boy asked. Geng smiled and gestured for him to come in. “Thank you, I’m Siwon, Choi Siwon.”

            “I’ve met you at some Ministry thing,” Heechul waved off. “This is—“

            “I’m Han Geng,” she smiled at Siwon, cutting Heechul off. “It’s nice to meet you,” she shook hands with him, noticing the muscles that were accented into the boy’s arms.

            “You’ve got some nice arms there, pretty boy,” Heechul smirked as he eyed the arms in appreciation. “Very nice, indeed,” Heechul leaned forward to touch them.

            “You will not touch me,” Siwon frowned as he jumped away from the other boy’s reaching hand. “It’s a sin for two men to do that.”

            “Do what? I’m not doing anything,” Heechul smirked wider as he placed a hand on Siwon’s arms. “Holy mother of God—“

            “You will NOT use the Lord’s name in vain,” Siwon’s frown deepened. Heechul ignored the obvious frown as he continued to appreciate the sculpted ways of Siwon’s arms. The small squirms caused him to gleam brightly to himself because it meant that he was making Choi Siwon uncomfortable.

            “Hello, you guys are first years, right?”

            “Yeah, what’s it to you?” Heechul frowned he took in the way the newcomer looked. Red hair and freckles gave whose family this person belonged to instantly. “Weasley.” The name was said in a sneer as Heechul moved back to his place beside Geng.

            “Yes, I’m Percy Weasley, I’m a third year—“

            “You,” A girl came up to the compartment and pushed Percy out of the way. “Do you look like a girl? I think not,” She frowned before turning to the three inside the compartment. “I’m Park Eeteuk, if you need anything please don’t hesitate to ask me. And not that red-head, he obviously is trying to take over a female’s job.” Eeteuk smiled before closing the door. As she left, the three heard her yelling at Percy once again about how he needed to do boy things while leaving the girl things to the girls.

            “Well, that’s normal,” Heechul smirked as he threw an arm over Geng’s shoulder and began to play with the long flowing hair. Geng did nothing to stop him as she kept the conversation going with Siwon.

            “Holy —“

            “Don’t curse, it will land you in—“

            “Like I was talking to you, Choi,” The new girl snapped before she turned to look at Heechul once again. Siwon murmured something about how the girl, Ji Yong, was linked to his family by a series of aunts on one side of his family to no one in particular.

             “Like I was saying, holy , what the are you wearing?” Ji Yong smirked as she eyed Heechul with a disapproving glint, “Did your grandpa give it to you?” Heechul growled and stood up, only to be stopped by the pressure of Geng's hand on his shoulder. “That’s right, little princess, better keep your boyfriend in check.” Heechul moved to get the other girl to take back what she said, but the hold on her shoulder tightened over so slightly.

            “You’re going to stoop low enough to hit a girl?” Geng spoke softly but her voice was full of venom as the girl snorted and left. Heechul sat back down and mumbled to himself about how great the shirt looked on him. Geng rolled her eyes as she turned to look back at Siwon. She found that the boy sat in his place rocking back and forth while praying for forgiveness at the other girl’s choice of words.

            “You guys should change, I spoke to the conductor and we should be arriving soon,” Eeteuk said as she suddenly reappeared out of nowhere. She smiled at them before leaving to remind some other first years.

            “Is she a first year too?”

            “I think so,” Geng nodded before placing the school vest over her shirt, and then the robe. Geng looked out the window as Heechul and Siwon talked about pureblood stuff. Once they arrived, a half giant named Hagrid rounded them all up.

            “Fir’t ‘ears, t’is way,” Hagrid gestured for the first years to follow him.

            “Where the hell is this oaf leading us?”

            “Pay attention, he said first years take the boats across the lake to get to the school,” Geng reprimand as she board a boat. Heechul, Siwon, and Eeteuk silently joined in the same boat just as the other students scurried to their own boat.

            “Don’t lean ove’ or you’ll fall in,” Hagrid warned as the boats started moving towards Hogwarts.

            “Holy! what—AHHHH,” one of the girls had suddenly fallen into the lake. Heechul simply laughed as Eeteuk, Siwon and Geng tried to help her out. It was the same girl that had the guts to insult Heechul’s shirt from before. Honestly, Heechul couldn’t bear to offer one of his pureblood hands to help her. Hagrid’s boat quickly came around, before anything got Ji Yong and placed her in one of the boats moving by. He quickly charmed her clothes, so she was all dry again. “, I swore I felt something brush against my leg in the water.” The rest of the way to the caste was accident-free.

            “He’e we are, now up the st’irs,” Hagrid gestured at the first years as they climbed their way up the stairs. At the top there was a woman, she was old, but her face showed great firmness and offered no room for argument.

            “Stop here,” she pointed at the step before her with a scroll. “I am Professor McGonagall. Now before you walk in through these doors, there are some things I would like to inform you with. There are four houses, which are, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Each house has points, you gain points for good behavior and you lost points for failure to comply them. Understood? Now wait here, I will return to tell you when we’re ready,” she turned and walked there the narrow opening of the doors.

            “Like I said before, Geng,” Heechul smirked. “I’m going to be a Slytherin. Join me?” Geng frowned and looked past Heechul. Suddenly the male felt a tap on his shoulder, turning around he saw Professor McGonagall frowning at him.

            “We are ready for you,” the doors opened and the first years walked into the large room with awe. That was until someone tripped and fell on top of Heechul.

            “WHAT THE HELL! Can’t you see I’m in front of you?”

            “Damn, I’m sorry, wasn’t watching where I was going,” the boy got off of Heechul.

            “What the hell is your name?”

            “Jay, Park Jaebeom, what's your name?” Jaebeom looked at Heechul as Siwon tried to calm them both down. And the key word was try.

            “Don’t you think you’re being a bit noisy,” Geng remarked as she came in between the two boys while gaining their attention. "If you were looking for a grand entrance, I think you both accomplished that."

            “Oh, you’re good! I like it,” Heechul smiled as he swung an arm around Geng’s waist. Geng simply stared at him strangely, this Kim Heechul was turning out to be a strange boy. The first years continued down their path. There were two tables on each side of them and each one had a banner hanging over them. To their immediate right, it was Hufflepuff and the table behind that Gryffindor. To their immediate left, it was Ravenclaw and the table behind that was Slytherin. At the first of the tables, there was a long table, seated there were the professors of Hogwarts. The students stopped as Professor McGonagall told them to wait as she went to talk to an older man.

“Before we start, our Sorting Hat would like to sing for you all”

 

Another years gone by and I'm come of serve again.

Sorting Sorting Sorting

Come right up, place me upon your head and I can read your thoughts

As I find the right house to put you in

 

Do you belong in Gryffindor? 

Those who are swift and valiant whose hearts bravely pure.

Or would it be Slytherin?

The cunning folk that are tricky and shrewd to life's end.

Will you be placed in Ravenclaw?

Those with an endless need for knowledge and are quick to learn.

Or shall you be in Hufflepuff?

Those hardworking folk that are loyal and just until the end.

 

Now the song has come to an end, it’s short as the night is young.

As I place you in your house,

Make friends, make enemies.

After all I this is where your pride will be until the next century.**

 

“The sorting will now begin,” The old man with a long white beard spoke with a soft yet commanding voice as the hall quieted down.

            “Come up to the hat when I call your name, Bell, Katie!” The hat was placed on her head and it shouted: Gryffindor. “Choi, Siwon!”

            “A Brave soul, here commanding and strong, I think you deserve the house, GRYFFINDOR!”

            “Davies, Roger!” A noble man here, to RAVENCLAW!

            “Han, Geng!” Ah witty mind, young lady, quick on your feet yet very loyal… SLYTHERIN for you!

            “Ji, Yong!” Another witty young lady yet I feel a sense of nobility it’s RAVENCLAW for you! “Johnson, Angelia!” Bloody dear, nothing but bravely in this young mind GRYFFINDOR! “Kim, Heechul!” Nothing to say but SLYTHERIN! “Montague, Graham!” A Montague, yes very cunning you are, young lad it’s SLYTHERIN! “Nguyen, Emily!” Witty mind here if put to good use off to SLYTHERIN! “Park, Eeteuk!” Ahh a very nice way to think Young Eeteuk, I shall put in to Hufflepuff! “Park, JaeBeom!” Simple minded you are Young Jaebeom, but it will develop into something great, SLYTHERIN! The hat chuckled.

            “It seems this year will be a handful for you, Professor Snape,” one of the professors commented quietly to the said professor.

            “Perez, Manuela!” A quick learner here, nothing can stop you RAVENCLAW! “Pucey, Adrian!” Bloody bonkers SLYTHERIN! “Towler, Kenneth!” Brave young man, yes I can see it all here, GRYFFINDOR! “Weasley, Fred!” A ‘Weasley’ I see, will no house to put you but GRYFFINDOR! “Weasley, George!” It seems we have some more Weasleys coming through again… it seems like GRYFFINDOR!

            “White, Heather!” Loyalty is the key to anything, HUFFLEPUFF! The list went on until the last name was called and everyone was placed in their respected house. With that the old man stood and commanded silence.

            “Quiet down now, everyone. Welcome back Hogwarts students and welcome first years. For those who may not know me, I am the Headmaster of Hogwarts, Professor Dumbledore. Mister Filch would like me to remind students that the Dark Forest is off limits to all students. Should you go in, you may never come back out. Also another piece of mind, the Hogwarts Lake is a dangerous place as mysterious creatures dwell there. And before we eat, I would like to introduce our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Nickolaos Knut. Please give him a warm welcome.” He clapped, getting everyone to clap for the man that had stood up. “Now please enjoy your dinner." Food appeared and everyone dug in. Over at the Slytherin table Heechul stared at Geng as she ate.

            “It’s rude to stare, or is that what purebloods do all the time?” Geng remarked after she finished chewing. HeeChul stared at her as if she were the greatest thing he could ever have found.

            “Damn, you’re good, say another one,” Heechul smiled as Geng rolled her eyes and went back to eating. She ignored all the boys as attention slowly began to be pulled in her direction. Yes, looks were in her department, but please, she was clearly only eleven years old. She was most definitely going to be in for a long night.

 

* http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Diagon_Alley

** Beastly :D our own song >D