not a poet

Even in Dreams

 

… I’ve kissed a few but not as much as I smile.

It’s as rare as you can see me cry and tantrum…

 

 

Donghae stopped midway and crumpled the paper. He threw it to the garbage bin across the room, which is already filled with unfinished, rejected, unsatisfactory 'literary' works.

 

He twirled round and round on the swivel chair while he looks at the ceiling, hoping that despite making himself dizzy he’ll get an idea and finish the assignment. An hour later he sat straight and giving up, he googled for poems – love, heartbroken whatever related to Valentine’s Day. Then he came across something that gave him an idea.

 

“Call it plagiarism or whatever, I’m gonna use this,” he said to himself as he prepared his pen, paper and his mind. It wasn’t because the work was really that awe-mazing, it just so happens that it clicked to whatever he’s feeling… ever since.

 

 

 

Even in Dreams

 

I’ve kissed some and here’s a few

‘Weird’ kissed me in New Year

‘Jewel’ kissed me during the holidays

‘Magnae’ stole a kiss from me one fine day

‘Pumpkin’ kissed me accidentally

But ‘Angel’, he looks at me

Yet never kissed me at all.

 

The kiss ‘Weird’ shared blasted with the fireworks

The kiss ‘Jewel’ and I shared ended when classes began

And the kiss ‘Magnae’ gave was lost in play

‘Pumpkin’s’ kiss was forgotten

But the kiss in ‘Angel’s’ eyes

Haunts me night and day

 

Lullaby can’t even help

How stupid, that even in dreams

I see that smile,

And I can't help but wish for that kiss.

 

 

Donghae took a long look at his homework before tucking it inside his notebook with a satisfied smile. He jumped into his bed hoping he’d dream of him, the Angel who’s smiled to all, probably.

 

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

‘Waaaaah!!!” screamed Donghae as he rummaged the inside of his bag.

 

“Where’s my homework, that godforsaken homework?!” he exclaimed, flipping and shaking every notebook. He was already sweating buckets of sweat. After a few minutes of pointless search, Donghae squats on the floor, wiping away a few tears. Suddenly a hand appeared, holding a paper. The rest of the hand’s owner bent down.

Donghae looked up and was surprised by the fingers that softly touched his tear-stained cheeks.

As he looked up he was greeted by a kiss.

 

“So how will ‘Angel’s’ kiss end?” the person said with a smile.

 

If Donghae’s brain hasn’t frozen from that unsuspected, spontaneous kiss he would’ve faint from that smile.

 

 

 

“Never…?” Donghae replied shyly.

 

 

 

 

 

a/n:  I had my own 'Angel' when i wrote this. whether or not we thought of the same person, it doesn't because I wanted the reader, that's you --- , to decide who Donghae's angel is. It might even be OC since I did not clearly state the person's gender though the other kisses did came from the other members.