Last Minute

Last Minute [ONE-SHOT]

          21st April 2012 . The most historical and meaningful day in my entire life which i was waiting for it for a long time especially for this year . Yes , and it finally came . However , it didn't seems to happen like what i've imagine . Or maybe i'm the only one who think like it . It was drizzle this afternoon . The floor was wet by the raindrop , slowly getting heavier . I glared at those gifts with different types of colorful gift wrapping on the table at side . None of them gave any excitement and happiness to me at all . It just , nothing . I sighed .

          I was staring at my phone for so long and i didn't even bother to eat the piece of cake that they made specially for me . Still the same . There's no phone call nor new message that i expect to get one . By the moment , i stared at the guy on my phone wallpaper . I was smiling back then , but i couldn't hide the feelings which i was very disappointed . But i might be wrong . I couldn't blame him though . He's too busy out there . "Soonyi-ya , what are you actually up to ?" . My best friend , Lee Ji Eun tapped my shoulder from behind and had her seat next to me . She's the only one who knows about him . Our relationship . I believed that she's someone who really understanding and always keep secrets . So i managed to tell her everything about it . "I'm waiting for a phone call . I'll eat the cake soon as i receive one" . I murmured , flashing a fake smile . "He ... doesn't contact you yet ?" . I shooked in disappoinment . "Aww.. Chill , Soonie . It's your birthday today . I'm pretty sure he'll contact you soon . Give him some time . Oh , and don't forget to eat the cake . We made it by our own" . She my back in concern then left away . Yeah , she's right . I would just wait for a bit more . I bet he got no time to do something else right now since Infinite is now preparing for a concert in Japan . He once told me that it's a really tight schedules . Well , from hoping any phone call or messages from him , i'll just support him instead . I put my phone away for a moment and started to eat the cake .

 

          After paid a visit to Kyunghee University to make a preparation for our upcoming assignments , i took a bus to go back home . Though one of my friend was willing to let me ride on a car with her , but i wasn't feeling that well to accept the offer . I was just depressed . It's weird how someone's unhappy and even couldn't smile on their birthday . Really an unfamiliar thing . However , that's the fact . It happened from the beginning . Everything seems ruined just for only one reason .

          I turned my head toward the window and looked outside in sorrowful . How come i felt so alone on this special day ? Everyone was cheering me up all day and did everything for me but it never worked out without him around me . I though that he's gonna called me .. Will he ? By then , i tried not to feel sad anymore . I'm a tough girl . This is just a small matter . I took out my phone from my bag and sweeped the phone screen . I've decided to make my move first . Just to remind him . I started to type the text and still wishing that he would read my message and reply to it immediately .

 

To : SarangMyung

Oppa , are you busy ?

 

          After that , i sent it and released a low sigh . I didn't expect something like this would happen . It couldn't be that he forgot about my birthday ? I understand being an idol is difficult and they couldn't spend their time with anybody else . But remain silence from giving any wishes or words for their love one didn't sound right . Again , i sighed . Being a girlfriend to someone famous is really delightful , like what other fangirls have dreamt for . But in the same time , there's still some disadvantages that may hurt ourselves .

          There was a pair of couple who's currently sitting not far from my seat . The girl was putting her head on his shoulder while holding hands together , chatting and chuckled happily . I slightly smiled seeing the couple and i can felt the happiness and sincere hearts through their gaze . That's how a couple should be . Things that i've been thinking and planning when i have a boyfriend . No need to do something complicated , holding hands like them and a warm hug are good enough . Sadly , it would never happened to me since we couldn't do that on public . How cruel life is . Without i realized , my eyes were both full with tears and later it dropped once i blinked . I quickly wiped it with my finger then came out from the bus when i've arrived home .

 

          On the following night , i sat on the couch with my body was wrapped by a blanket while hugged both of my legs on my side . I was watching a variety show that have featuring Infinite on the television , but my mind went nowhere though both of my eyes were on the tv screen . I just couldn't concentrate . The show looked humorous which contain a lot of hilarious moments and full with laughter . Myungie even got the most air-time compared with other members , but i still couldn't enjoy it . I glanced at the clock on the wall , it showed 9:40p.m. . Yet , he still didn't reply my previous message . There's no use i was waiting for , at last the result was still the same .

          I couldn't stand with this anymore . I felt like someone forgotten over here . I though that it would be the best day ever . I though that we could celebrate together , even only through the phone or webcam . It's all pointless . I grabbed the remote control and turn off the television . Later i lied down on the couch and cried . I didn't want to , but it happened naturally . Me ? Crying on my birthday ? Gosh . Not long after , the tears have stopped falling down from my eyes and i fell asleep by myself .

 

Naekkeo haja, naega neol saranghae, eo ~ Naega neol geokjeonghae, eo ~

 

          I automatically woke up as i heard my phone was ringing . Someone's calling ! I ran into my room to take the phone and eagerly pressed the 'accept' button . "Myungie oppa !" . "Soonyi-ah , this is me , Suzy ! I just wanna say , happy birthday ! Sorry for the late wish . I almost forgot . Anyway , enjoy your day" . "Ahh .. thank you" . Hmmm it wasn't him . Didn't i try to just give up ? Why did i still hoping a phone call from him ? Arghhh that's it ! I'm gonna call him for sure . I should just admit that i really wanted to hear his voice so bad . The worst thing ever is when i didn't get any news about him in a day . I'm dying ! I dialed the certain number and waited for him to pick-up . I'm tired of waiting , but i didn't want to hold myself from hiding the truth .

         "Hello ?" . He picked-up ! Oh how i miss you T-T . "Oppa !" . "Soonyi !!" . "Oppa , what are you doing ?" . "Just finished our showcase" . "So about today ... do you know it ?" . "Wait , 21st April ? Of course i know ! How can i forget" . OMG he said he knows it ! I should've called him earlier if that so . He must be very busy and couldn't even contact me to wish at first . "Really ?" . "Yeah , didn't you tell me before ? You got an award for passed an examination last year . Congrats ! I'm so proud of you" . W H A T . . . "No , not that" . "Oh hey , i gotta go . I have a practice for tomorrow's concert . Catch you later" . "Oppa .." . tutt .... tutt .... tutt ...

          I frowned . He got to be kidding me . He , forgot . Even the award event thingy , it's been a month ago . If i know , i should've not call him until tomorrow . It's hurt to know that he actually didn't remember at all . It's all over now . I'm not gonna anticipated for anything . I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth . I changed my cloth to pajama then got onto my bed . I put my head on the pillow slowly and closed my eyes . Good day ...

 

ting ting ting ting ting ~

 

          I heard a rhythm of music . A very soft melody . I though i was dreaming , but it keep played even when i opened my eyes . Urghh who's playing guitar on this late night . I rubbed my eyes and looked around me . As i was getting full awaken , i found out that the music came from outside . I peeked through the window and saw someone who looked like Myungsoo was playing a guitar on a bench . I lied down back on the bed and pulled the blanket on - MYUNGSOO ?! I threw away the blanket and jumped down from the bed . I ran as fast as the lighting to the outside and went to the location where i saw that person from upstairs . Then i saw , him . "Oppa !" . He didn't give any response , but keep played the guitar and began to sing .

 

I love you, I love you
the words that I can’t bear anymore
my trembling heart
the words that I kept hiding in my heart
Just like the sunshines that glaringly shines on me when the morning comes
You, who’s always shines like sunshine
Yeah, that’s what you are for me

I like you, I like you
You, who’s always comfortly be by my side,
You, who’s always protecting me
Just like a big great tree
Sometimes I don’t even know why
My heart feels like enjoying this
I can’t stop smiling in front of you
Just smiling like a fool
Just like the sunshines that glaringly shines on me when the morning comes
You, who’s always shines like sunshine
Yeah, that’s what you are for me
Our relationship may be still awkward
Me, who’ll always carefully approaching you
Today too, carefully
We, who’s been together for such a long time
Even after such a long time
Let’s always get along with each other, comfortably

You’ll always by my side
I’m always by your side

Let’s be together forever

da ra rat da
da ra rat da rat
da ra rat da
da ra rat
da ra rat
da ra rat
dat dat dat
da rat
da rat da

 

          That was so beautiful . The most catchy song i've ever listened to . The tears had fall down again , but this time because i was too touched . As he finished singing , he put the guitar away and smiled widely at me . "You must be surprised" . I ran to get him and embraced him tightly . "You came !" . "Happy birthday , baby girl !" . He exclaimed directly on my ear . "You're late ! It's 11:50p.m. already". "We still have 10 minutes left" . I released him from the embrace and faced him while holded both of his hands . "How did you come ?" . "I asked my manager to help me get here . I wasn't allowed at first , but i keep begging and finally i've succeed . I still have for about half an hour before i go back to the airport and fly to Japan" . "You .. actually remember about my birthday , didn't you ? Why are you doing this to me ?" . I hitted his arm in frustrated . "I did that on purpose . I wanted to see you today with my own eyes , and i wanna be the last person who wish for you" . "Thank you .. thank you so much" . I grinned in satisfied and keep my eyes on staring him . I though that he wouldn't remember . Gosh i'm freaking happy !

          "I'm sorry , i didn't bring anything for you" . "No , it's okay ! I don't need that . I'm glad you've came for me" . "I have no present to give , but i have a moment to create" . Hmm ? What does he mean ? I was about to open my mouth and say something , but i didn't manage to when his lips were already on mine , kissed me gently with his eyes closed . Oh my >///< My face went red and turned stiff . "Is it my gift ?" . "Mhm" . He nodded shyly . "I wish i can spend more time with you". "Are you leaving now ?" . He nodded by saying nothing . He made me almost cried when i stared on his face . He looked so pure and sad . I could feel that he got the same thought as me which he also didn't want to go away from me .

          He holded my hands even more tight when the time has came for him to leave . "I'll miss you" . I hugged him while patted his back to comfort him . "Me neither" . He took his guitar along and walked back to the van as i followed him from behind to watch him for the last time . "Take care ! Good luck for tomorrow" . I smiled , ruffled his hair like a child . He smiled back to me then got into the van . The engine has been started , and soon they drove away . I stood at the house gate while watched the van went away .

          But suddenly , it stopped and Myungsoo came out from the van . He headed towards me and kissed me once again . Passionately , and longer than before . "We couldn't meet often . I hope you're doing well . Trust me , i'll always be on your side whenever you need me" . "I trust you" . "Happy birthday again , my love" . He kissed my forehead and ran into the van . I watched them away until they've gone from my sight .

          It was the most precious gift ever ! It was really surprising to see him who's suddenly appeared out of nowhere . Though he should be in Japan right now for the rehearsal , but he still tried his best to sneaked out from the schedules in some ways and be the last person who wished me .. within last minute .

 

 

♦THE END♦

 

 

 


  

 

Thanks for reading ! I'm planning to make a sequel , but still not confirm yet . Idk whether i should make or not . Oh well , thanks again ! <3 lol