...

Like Hell!

My heart seems to malfunction whenever I’m around that Woohyun. I bet he snuck something into my food again. I groaned inwardly, remembering the hidden worms buried deep within my spaghetti.

Nam Woohyun is the biggest idiot ever.

Our families just so happened to live on the same street and it just so happened that my parents had to get along with each other.

How selfish! They didn’t think of me and Woohyun getting along did they?

Now every time I see that stupid smile on his face, I no longer want to wipe it off with a punch. Maybe that smile has some secret voodoo spell to it that only affects me and the glow on my cheeks.

I placed my head in my hands and looked at the clock tick away. Just a few more minutes till the end of lesson and the start of lunch.

And as if on cue, there went the bell.

Students shuffled about, placing their things back into their bags like me.

“Seungmi” a voice sang. A ridiculously deep voice that made my heart flutter. Yes, it’s definite. I ate something terribly rotten this morning.

A tight smile formed on my lips, “Woohyun, why ever could you be bothering me? Again.” I said with a bored tone, with a hint of sarcasm I must say.

Out of nowhere, his arm casually slinks round my shoulders as I walked to the lunch hall. I felt my insides to somersaults, butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

I was almost frozen on the spot when I thought dawned to me.

As if it was a sin, I banished away from my head. There would be no way in hell that I, Yang Seungmi, was starting to like the fool next to me.

Although...he strangely smelt nice.

I scoffed to myself, “Like hell...” I muttered.

“Seungmi, have you been listening to me?” Woohyun asked. He rolled his eyes, “Focus please. Find the will power to resist my charms for a few minutes”

I huffed and pushed his arm off me and distanced myself away from him.

“Whatever you want to say, you can say it without the unnecessary skinship” I complained.

Woohyun grinned. Stupid grin.

“Oh Seungmi, my good looks do affect you after all. I was beginning to think you were a soulless robot without the ability to know a hot guy when you see one” he said, boasting about himself once again.

I frowned at the comment. I told you, idiot.

“As a matter of fact, I can tell a hot guy when I see one. I’m just not at all attracted to you” I scrutinized him with my eyes, implying his unattractiveness.

“Anyway, hurry up and tell me what you wanted so I can get away from you” I quickly said.

Woohyun pouted. His lips were surprisingly pink today. And glossy. And soft.

‘Stop staring fool’

“But Seungmi, I want to have lunch with you” he whined.

I raised an eyebrow, “Why? You always have lunch with those friends of yours”

“I changed my mind” Woohyun crossed his arms over his chest. His shirt sleeves were rolled up and another forbidden thought entered my mind as I looked at his toned arms.

He gave me a weird look, “Are you feeling alright? You keep zoning out?”

I cleared my throat and became extremely awkward.

“There’s nothing wrong” I immediately answered, “Maybe there’s something wrong with you!”

And with that, I walked, well, sprinted away. Leaving a very dumfounded Woohyun. There is definitely something wrong with Woohyun. He has done something to himself and now, he won’t get out of my head!

I reached the school’s field and sat down on one of the benches. Groaning in frustration, I laid down, thinking of that fool. Woohyun.

Nam Woohyun.

Yang Seungmi.

Seungmi. Woohyun.

Nam Seungmi.

I suddenly found myself giggling at the thought.

“What did you say?”

‘Shoot.’

I sat up straight, a surprised expression on my face. My face was heating up, I could tell. And now my heart was racing with Woohyun in front of me.

“What? I said nothing!” I stuttered.

He gave me a wary look, “No, you were definitely saying something. I heard my name. Then your name.”

I stood up quickly, “I’ve got to go Woohyun”

I rushed away. From the corner of my eye, I saw him grin and wave. Ugh.

 

Tonight, would be the weekly gathering with Woohyun and his parents.

Why lord? Why do you want me to suffer like this?

I sighed and got into the dress my mom laid out for me to wear for the evening. I guess if it wasn’t for her, I would be eating in pyjamas with them if I had my way.

I chewed on my food slowly.

Woohyun was inevitably in front of me. Oh what a shocker. I hope you noted that bit of sarcasm.

I felt him staring at me and I looked up away from my food and met eyes with him. It felt like the seconds were going by ever so slowly.

That was until I realised what I was doing and felt my cheeks burn up. The shock of what I did had made me spring out of my chair.

I bowed immediately, “Sorry but I don’t feel like eating anymore”

I didn’t want anyone to protest so I left quickly before they could. I found myself sitting in the garden. I never really went out into the garden but it was the furthest away from Woohyun.

I couldn’t truly handle what he was doing to me.

“Hey”

Woohyun. Why can’t I successfully avoid him?

He sat beside me. Without looking at him, I replied with a simple, “Hey”

“Why do I feel as though you are avoiding me?” he straightforwardly blurted out. My voice got caught in my throat.

Like hell I would tell him the truth.

“Anyone would think you like me, Nam Seungmi” Woohyun sang.

My eyes widened and I oddly buried face into my hands. “If you’re going to make fun of me then go away” I whined.

I heard him laugh, making me flutter once again.

“Who said I would do that?” Woohyun said smoothly. I turned my head to peek at him. My face was red and he smiling at me wasn’t helping.

“Maybe I like you too” He added with ease.

I hid my blushing face again. “Yah, I told you not to make fun of me” I complained at him again.

Woohyun shook me gently “Hurry and just accept me already” he said in a cute voice.

It wouldn’t hurt if I agreed right?

 

 

----------

 

it's lame, i know...

le sigh~

hope you like it though!