So the Torture Begins

ONLY in a Grocery Store

                You never could have imagined the trouble that could be produces when you did a good deed. Damn you and your selflessness. And of all places a freaking grocery store.

                It all began like any other day...

Flashback

                Peering down you crossed off another job off the jobs section in the paper. That was the fifth company to turn you down today. A deep sigh escaped your lips. You had no idea how you were going to afford a new car if you couldn't get a second job.

                The wind picked up as you continued down the street and a long gust of wind stole the paper from your hands. You grumbled and chases after it.

                FWAP!

                Your eyes grew to the size of saucers, embarrassed.  The victim of the killer news paper was young, your age.

                Slowly the boy reached up to remove the  paper form his face. The material lowered, revealing light red/brown hair and a charming smile.

                "I'm so sorry!" you bowed sheepishly.

                The boy ignored you. Instead his attention was drawn downward at the food add on the other side of the paper. His bottom lip puckered, his eyes exuding the ultimate hunger.

                "Let me make this up to you. I'll buy you that," you gestured down at the food in the add.

                He brought his eyes up to meet yours for the first time. Boyish excitement brightened his face.

                "It's okay, it was an accident noona," he grinned, hesitantly handing you back your paper.

                "No, no, I insist," you returned, smiling shyly.

                You glanced down at the paper, looking up the name of the grocery. It was only a few blocks away.

                I really am sorry...-"

                "Taemin."

                "I'm (your name)" you offered your hand and he shook it. His hands we enormous in comparison "so..uh...do you want to go get that food."

                He nodded.

                Awkwardly the two of you set off on your short journey to the grocery store. Butterflies fluttered nervously in your stomach. What if you had just made a big mistake? You didn't even know the guy, although there was something oddly familiar about him.

                "So what school do you go to?" nerves bubbled inside you. Small talk wasn't your thing but it would be awkward to just walk in silence. Also, you had noticed the messenger bag on his shoulder, so school was the first thing you thought of. Aish, you face-palmed. You always had that tendency to make yourself out to be a nerd.

                "Mul Saja High school. I'm a second year student," he smiled.

                That is where you had seen him! Such a small school yet his identity barely registered with you.

                "Really? I go there too." You mentally face- palmed again. Why did you sound so happy about that?

                The small grocery was on your left and you pointed it out to Taemin, hoping it would distract him. Even you could feel the excitement radiating off of him(mission accomplished?). The two of you ducked into the small shop.

                The aroma of fresh produce s around you with gusts of air. It had a pleasant scent, sweet and earthy.

                "Noona, look at all the SNACKS!" His eyes were glowing, the sign of a hardcore sugar addict. You giggled softly at the thought.

                Taemin grabbed a basket and filled it with banana milk, fruit, wasabi peas, cookies, crackers, candy, and basically anything sweet that he could get his hands on.

                You never knew such a skinny boy could eat so much...or look that comfortable while dancing down the aisles in a public place.

                You watched him with mystified eyes, observing toned muscle shifting under softly yellowed skin.         

                "NOONA!"

                You shook your head, exiting your daydream, and brought your attention back to Taemin, who was swinging a basket that was overflowing.

                Aish! There was no way you could afford to get a car if this twig of a boy ran your wallet dry. Then again... you had insisted on making it up to him in this way. Sigh.

                You took the goody basket to the sales clerk, who kindly checked you out. As she rung up the items yours eyes expanded to nearly impossible position of separation. The total wound up to be around 55 thousand won. Damn this boy could eat.

                "Thank you, you didn't have to do that," Taemin stated, his tone changing and he bowed respectfully.  

                "It's fine. I offered," you excused him, waving your hand.

                A bell jingled as the two of you exited the store.

                "Where do you want to eat this (your name)?" Taemin smiled. That was it. It was official that he was going to have the deepest smile lines when he was old, you decided.

                You pointed to a park bench. He nodded, a silent agreement, and you both headed to a park across the street, abandoned due to cold weather.

                You both took a seat on the bench, you like a normal human being, Taemin cross legged, bags of goodies sitting in his lap.

                He dug into the bag without hesitation and pulled out two bottles of banana milk and two sheaves of  crackers, handing you one of each. Dumbly, you eyed him. You had never expected him to share. Then again, if he grabbed twice the amount of everything that would explain the high receipt.

                "Noona, you're my new best friend!" Taemin tackled you, yet again with that stupidly charming smile plastered on his face.

                It was from that moment on that you knew this kid would never leave you alone 

Dear Readers,

I am super sorry this chapter is so short. I promise there is more (*cough*longer*cough*) chapters coming and I'm hoping to add a little drama with either Kibum or Jonghyun next chapter. Please comment and critique? Or ideas? things you wanna see in the story? You imput is always welcomed and appreciated

all my love,

Chohee