Wearing Your Heart on a Sleeve

Wearing Your Heart on a Sleeve

Ryeowook blinked down at his hands, trying to process what Han Geng just said.

"Is it true? Do you like me?"

When Ryeowook still didn't answer, Han Geng pressed on, staring firmly at the top of his head while sitting across from him.

"You said it yourself last night."

"I was drunk." Ryeowook replied sternly, coming out louder than he expected. He immediately stood up and brushed past him. "Look I need to go, hyung."

Han Geng stood up with him and blocked his path. Becoming desperate, Ryeowook attempted to push the taller man away, his voice growing unsteady. Han Geng only responded by gripping on to Ryeowook's arm.

"Thanks for letting me crash at your place, but I really need to be somewhere."

"No, Wook. Not until you tell me what's really going on."

Ryeowook glanced warily up at Han Geng's white-blonde hair and swallowed.

"Let me go, hyung. Please." He pleaded, but Han Geng was relentless. Han Geng was also growing impatient by the minute. He grabbed Ryeowook's other arm, sliding his hands down to hold his wrists tightly.

Ryeowook felt a surge of emotion rush through him and he gasped at Han Geng's firm but gentle touch, feeling his hands go clammy and weak. He clenched his hands into fists, but they were numb from the electricity shooting up from Han Geng's hands. It didn't help that they were slowly sliding down to his hands. He hoped to whatever higher being who was watching that the Chinese man didn't notice what his simple touch could do to him.

"Ryeowook...do you like me?"

Han Geng dropped a tone in his voice, and he was standing so close, so close. Ryeowook let out a breathy sigh and turned his head, fluttering his eyes closed. His skin prickled with goosebumps when he felt the other's presence come even closer, if it was possible, their hands intertwining. With much reluctancy, he gave a slight nod, praying that Han Geng would let him go. Any second now he was going to melt at the overwhelming erratic heartbeats inside his chest. He pulled away from Han Geng, but he only gripped tighter.

"You said something about dreams. Tell me what happened in them."

Ryeowook could feel the heat creep to his face, a small hint of a smile floating across his face.

"Nothing dirty. I promise."

Han Geng slowly sat them back down on the couch, refusing to let go of his hands. He remained silent as Ryeowook opened his mouth.

"You...You laid me down on the bed." His voice was quiet, his head angled downwards in embarassment. His heart was threatening to burst at any given moment. "You hovered over me...and you smiled. You looked me in the eye and - Geng what are you doing." His last words ended in a hush as Han Geng gently and smoothly laid Ryeowook's lithe figure on the couch. His body remained over Ryeowook in a protective postiion, his arms supporting him upright. An almost unnoticeable smile ghosted his features as he lifted his gaze to Ryeowook's wide, confused eyes.

"I looked you in the eye, and then what?"

"Geng, I swear to God if you're making fun of me..."

"I'm not." His husky tone sent shivers down Ryeowook's spine. It promised honesty and modesty, rolled into one soothing wave of ecstasy that sent his already damaged heart banging against his ribcage. "Now continue."

With a swallow, Ryeowook pressed himself back against the couch, not believing what was happening.

"Y-you pressed your forehead against mine." Ryeowook whispered, watching as Han Geng angled his head just so, the skin of his forehead just barely pressing against the sweaty, red bangs that rested on his own forehead.

"Like this?"

"Y-yeah..."

Ryeowook gulped, trying to gasp for air. But it was so confusing because he felt like he had too much oxygen because there was no way his head could just feel that dizzy just because of how Han Geng repeatedly squeezed his hands and how his light breathing (that smelled of mint) tickled his cheeks, raising the hairs on his neck. It just wasn't possible...but it was happening.

"And then?"

Ryeowook stayed silent, searching, searching for any sort of jest in Han Geng's deep brown eyes, but found none. And with Han Geng's soft squeezes all but urging him to go on, Ryeowook couldn't possibly say no.

"And then you kissed me."

Ryeowook closed his eyes and held his breath, waiting for much too long for the inevitable press of his lips against his own pair. Desperately and needily, he kissed back, trying to force years of want and desire into that one kiss. He fisted the front of Han Geng's shirt, loving the way Han Geng curved his body against his own, how his hand wandered around the back of his waist, locking him in a hold, and especially the way Han Geng was kissing him back just as passionately.

Ryeowook was the first to pull away from the deep pits of fire that its flames teasingly against him, gasping but wanting more of that breathtaking pleasure. Han Geng quirked a smile and wiped away the tears that he didn't even realize were falling down his cheeks.

"Geng, if you're joking, I will kill you." Ryeowook's voice wavered, but he didn't care. Han Geng simply chuckled softly and kissed his cheek, seemingly ignoring the shudder that rolled through the small man underneath him.

"Does it look like I'm joking?"

Ryeowook didn't reply, because Han Geng had already sealed his words with another kiss, this time slower but just as intense and heat-filled. However, it didn't last long for Ryeowook pulled away once again.

"Geng...Geng, I'm scared." He admitted, tears filling his eyes. He quivered and felt his heart swell when Han Geng rested his forehead against his own and closed his eyes. Scared of what, Ryeowook didn't know. But with another kiss, Han Geng understood, and Ryeowook knew it.

Because with that kiss, there was an unspoken promise; a promise that allowed Ryeowook to relax for the first time in ages. There wasn't a need for him to feel scared again, because Han Geng was there. And he always would be.