Once Upon A Rainy Day

Act of Random Kindness

"How do you change the world? One act of random kindness at a time."

Oh, oops. I guess I fell asleep without closing the tv again. What's on anyways? Oh, Evan Almighty. Great movie. How funny that I'd wake up to those lines tho! "God" sure knows everything. It's even raining right now . . .

 

It was a year ago, wasn't it? I was under my umbrella, just walking around aimlessly. Unlike most people, I actually like the rain. I find it so refreshing, and quiet. A peaceful time for me to just listen to my thoughts, and look at my surroundings.  I was doing these things when I heard someone swearing. I looked at the guy who just came out of a building, and he immediately bowed his head and apologized for swearing. I don't know what came over me at that moment, even now I can't explain why I did what I did. Maybe it was his miserable and frustrated look? Or maybe it was because it looked like he was about to do something drastic and stupid? Either way, I approached him and asked what was wrong. He looked surprised, but answered me nonetheless - in a sarcastic and disgusted tone. I remember his exact words: "Oh, nothing. Just that this rain is gonna ruin my entire life!" I remember raising my eyebrow at him in disbelief, and rolling my eyes at the exaggeration. He looked mad. I thought then that whatever it is he's suppossed to be doing at that time must be important. So, I asked him where he was going and if he wanted to walk with me under my umbrella. His expression turned from being angry to being astonished. He couldn't hide his surprise and happiness. He stuttered a little while thanking me. I smiled at his cuteness and he blushed from embarassment. He asked me if he can hold the umbrella, and I agreed. He was a lot taller than me and it was incovenient for both of us if I hold it. However, my heart skipped a bit - I've never had a guy hold my umbrella for me and walk with me like this. He was a quiet guy, and didn't say anything. It became awkward because of this. So, I said the first thing that came to my mind, and that was to ask him what is so important that he became so upset. He hesitated for a bit and blushed a little but told me about his audition. By this time, we reached the bus stop and the bus was coming. I told him good luck and wished him well. I knew the chances of being a singer was slim, but I honestly wished he would. He had that one thing I always admire in people: passion. The way he spoke about  singing touched me, and I wanted to encourage him. And so, when he stepped in the bus I gave him my umbrella and told him that he should keep it so that he can use it to go home today since a singer can't ruin his voice so soon after becoming one. The smile he gave me then was full of gratefulness and happiness, and I would never forget it.

 

So, I guess I didn't really change the world by offering my umbrella to a complete stranger. But I did change his world, and mine. I see him a lot on tv now. He became the main singer of an idol group called B.A.P, and their debut was awesome! I'm glad for him; living the life he wants. Just like how I'm now living the life I want with my yeobo. See, after that rainy day, him and I got pretty close so I'm really happy that both of us got our happily ever after.

"Jagiya!"

Speaking of my yeobo . . . "I'm in the living room, yeobo."

"You really like the rain, don't you, jagiya", my yeobo comments as he sees me sitting by the rain-covered window.

"I know, I know, you don't like it." I turn to face him and gets up from my window seat.

"Nah, I really like the rain too, jagiya. After all, I get to use my precious umbrella." He holds me close and wraps his arms around me.

"That's funny. Didn't you once say that rain is gonna ruin your entire life?" My yeobo blushes a little and I stand on tip-toes to give my yeobo a peck on the lips. I smirk and asks, "isn't that right, Daehyun-ah?"

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Soo, what do you guys think? I know it's not the greatest fanfic ever written. LOL. But did I succeed in making it cute? Cuz that was what I was trying to do. Mianhe if I failed. I'd still like to know your thoughts and opinions, though :D So please leave comments below and tell me what you think ^^ Komawo for reading my story!