Contradiction

Contradiction || Closed Eyes

When did it change?

When did the world start moving without me?

I don’t know.

I don’t know.

All I know…

Is that it hurts.

It hurts.

It ing hurts.


‘You lied. Said you weren’t into relationships anymore… then why do I see you holding hands with that girl?’

I looked away, trying to cover glassy eyes. Muffling a choked gasp, I tried hard to ignore the piercing pain I felt in my chest.

‘Look away. Don’t look at them. Pretend, pretend. They’re not real.’

It was a futile attempt, I know. The pure adoration he showed her was stifling. She had a meek smile, still unused to this behaviour.

‘I know. I know. What it felt to be special, I understand. To be the only one in his eyes, it was beautiful. He only wanted me – me. But now…’

In the corner of my eyes, I saw them embracing. My frozen façade couldn’t do anything but to stare blindly. It was that moment.

‘The moment that… my broken heart cracked again.’

It hurts. I’m hurt. Why did it happen? He who chased for me so badly – till I couldn’t do anything but succumb – pushed me away with meaningless words and shallow reasons.

‘…’

‘ him.’

Blind fury started to course through my veins. It always happens, these feelings. So contradicting. But so true. This was my inner turmoil – the sin I had to face for falling.

My pulse quickened. My mind poisoned. Clenched fist, raging eyes.

‘You don’t deserve… anyone.’

I don’t know why. I could only direct pure hatred towards that girl. It was easy – she captivated his interest. She was different from me.

‘Jealousy blinds.’

Towards him though… it’s difficult. My mind and heart disagree with each other, fighting a battle that tears me in half. But by now, time taught me to know better. He’s not worth it.

‘But it still hurts, I guess. Not as bad as before.’

Oh. They separated now. She’s gone. And him…

He’s walking towards me.

My bored eyes inclined towards him.

‘What more do you want from me?’

I could only look at him, with my carefully frozen expression, unclenched fist, poised grace.


“Hey.”

“Hello.”

“How are you?”

“I’m good.”

“…Your bus is here.”

“So it seems. Thank you.”

“Bye.”

“Bye.”


We’re just broken people in this world. Trying to mark ourselves between the swirling masses of our humanity, desperately stamping “our” own imprint.

Everyone is hurt at one point.

We’re only human.

 

 


A/N: Thanks for reading! Hopefully it isn't too bad. Leave a review/comment, thanks!